Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

Hi Pinkwhale,

Ur house look really nice! Really like your kitchen!

Mind sharing your contractor's company and contact?

Also, roughly how much did you spend on ur kitchen reno?

Thanks!

Hi Icequeen

I had pm-ed u too

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi pinkturtle,

I like ur name !! We r both pink sea creature haha

I got my haiku fan from universal union think at around $650 for black (if I remb correctly) but that is before the price increase. Now I think the white one already cost around $680 and black probably $780?

Will pm u for my contractor contact

Thank you very much!!

Yup I went down to UU yesterday and they were selling the white one for $680. So expensive :(

Hi Icequeen

I had pm-ed u too

Hi hi!

Tried to send you a PM but your mail box is full... can you send me a PM when you are online?

Want to ask you about your contractor, thanks!

Cheers!

Hi caprichoo

Thanks for visiting my blog and liking my home. Welcome to Tblog and congratulation on getting ur keys soon. U must be so excited !!

I had pm-ed u the contacts and the cost of the WIW and just to share more it's bases on 19ft and without doors.

I'll try to take more picture the next time I go up but it's quite tough as the space is limited and the angle is not wide enough. Is there any particular part u want to see? Inside the WIW or outside? If inside any particular area like the L shape or which side so I try not to miss out. Plus now some clothings is in so maybe a little messy already haha...

Hi pinkwhale,

Thanks for your prompt reply...really appreciate it :D For the WIW i am more interested at the design. i went down to see Closet Design @ Balestier and they have quite some interesting concepts for racks for pants or towels. I am wondering if contractor is able to do all these if i show him the picture or should i buy those ready made design?

BTW how's your working experience with your contrator? Mind pm me whether the price charged by him is reasonable and the quality of his job. Sorry for so many noob questions here. Thanks in advance

Hi pinkwhale,

I am looking for honeycomb and black mosaic tile, could you share your tile shop address? Do you happen to know if they have black honeycomb tile as well?

Thank you. Hope to get your reply soon,

Piknik.

Hi pinkwhale,

Thanks for your prompt reply...really appreciate it :D For the WIW i am more interested at the design. i went down to see Closet Design @ Balestier and they have quite some interesting concepts for racks for pants or towels. I am wondering if contractor is able to do all these if i show him the picture or should i buy those ready made design?

BTW how's your working experience with your contrator? Mind pm me whether the price charged by him is reasonable and the quality of his job. Sorry for so many noob questions here. Thanks in advance

Hi caprichoo

My WIW do not have fancy designs inside, I did not ask for those pant rack or towel rack cos I feel those cannot put many things only for nice.

If u want towel racks if I'm not wrong they call it pigeon holes right? That one sure contractor can do cos it's just normal racks just u want it square or rectangle.

As for pants rack etc I'm not sure need to ask them, but if u buy and ask them to install then sure can la but u must buy early so that the carpenter can cater the wardrobe size according to ur racks..

As for working experience with my contractor I had also reviewed before maybe u missed that post. I would say I'm very happy and satisfied though we do have conflict of ideas some times and when that happened I post on renotalk to ask for advice and he will then accept my final decision. And most importantly he is responsive and responsible and he will keep u updated with photos and phonecalls. And even now if I tell him my lightbulb not lighting up he will also dropby to help me take a look as he is in the area (at paloma's house I guess)

Even he say if during housewarming someone break or spoil any area he will come back to touch up for me..

So far I really so not have any major complaint..

Price I feel is quite reasonable for all these services even drive me to the laminate factory in sungei kadut to see laminate and furniture hunting. Plus daily visiting to my house to check progress and update without me needing to take leave all the time. I had seen some friends/neighbor spending more than me by engaging ID but still need to supervise themselves and their ID only visit once a week.

As for quality I'm also quite happy.. So far the carpentry only came back once to touch up the silicon and one small pc laminate and nothing require any rectification again and again. And I also never encounter any mistake in carpentry where they need to bring back to redo..

So... I'm a happy customer !!

Edited by pinkwhale

Hi pinkwhale,

I am looking for honeycomb and black mosaic tile, could you share your tile shop address? Do you happen to know if they have black honeycomb tile as well?

Thank you. Hope to get your reply soon,

Piknik.

Hi Piknik

you also wanna use honeycomb tiles? :yamseng:

I bought mine from hup kiong at balestier beside hafary

as for the black square mosaic, my contractor order from his usual supplier in defu lane but they can be easy found, even hup kiong carry them just we are not ok with the price

I never see black honeycomb before, but i did see mixed black and white. now dunno they have any new arrival or not.

Edited by pinkwhale

Hi caprichoo

My WIW do not have fancy designs inside, I did not ask for those pant rack or towel rack cos I feel those cannot put many things only for nice.

If u want towel racks if I'm not wrong they call it pigeon holes right? That one sure contractor can do cos it's just normal racks just u want it square or rectangle.

As for pants rack etc I'm not sure need to ask them, but if u buy and ask them to install then sure can la but u must buy early so that the carpenter can cater the wardrobe size according to ur racks..

As for working experience with my contractor I had also reviewed before maybe u missed that post. I would say I'm very happy and satisfied though we do have conflict of ideas some times and when that happened I post on renotalk to ask for advice and he will then accept my final decision. And most importantly he is responsive and responsible and he will keep u updated with photos and phonecalls. And even now if I tell him my lightbulb not lighting up he will also dropby to help me take a look as he is in the area (at paloma's house I guess)

Even he say if during housewarming someone break or spoil any area he will come back to touch up for me..

So far I really so not have any major complaint..

Price I feel is quite reasonable for all these services even drive me to the laminate factory in sungei kadut to see laminate and furniture hunting. Plus daily visiting to my house to check progress and update without me needing to take leave all the time. I had seen some friends/neighbor spending more than me by engaging ID but still need to supervise themselves and their ID only visit once a week.

As for quality I'm also quite happy.. So far the carpentry only came back once to touch up the silicon and one small pc laminate and nothing require any rectification again and again. And I also never encounter any mistake in carpentry where they need to bring back to redo..

So... I'm a happy customer !!

I second this! We have been very impressed with our contractor's responsiveness. He's very on the ball and calls us almost everyday to update us on things, or ask us to choose this and that. Perhaps that's why our renovation works has been moving along very quickly. It's been only two weeks but we are already preparing for the paint work and chemical wash! And it's true, he does come down to the house very regularly to supervise the subcontractors. I think if you can click with him, the partnership will work out very well. :)

Hi Pinkwhale,

Wanna check with you if you opted for a layer of PVC at the edge of the cement wall?

K asked if I want to lay the PVC for protection n smooth edge, but I cannot visualise how it'll turn out.

Hi Pinkwhale,

Wanna check with you if you opted for a layer of PVC at the edge of the cement wall?

K asked if I want to lay the PVC for protection n smooth edge, but I cannot visualise how it'll turn out.

Hi chergaby

Yes I opt for the White plastic edge straightening holder, K told me metal one will easily rust and staying punggol area I won't want to take the risk.

I do not have photos to show u now but basically this edge straighener will ensure u have a nice 90 degree straight edge.

But the only concern if u r doing smooth cement screed like my tv console, the cement screed is more weak and if u knock into it or after time the cement will come off abit and some of the white plastic will be expose especially the most sharp tip.. However u can also touch up urself by applying abit cement over it.

If u doing rough cement wall like my kitchen wall then I believe no such issues cos still can apply protection coat.

Hi chergaby

Yes I opt for the White plastic edge straightening holder, K told me metal one will easily rust and staying punggol area I won't want to take the risk.

I do not have photos to show u now but basically this edge straighener will ensure u have a nice 90 degree straight edge.

But the only concern if u r doing smooth cement screed like my tv console, the cement screed is more weak and if u knock into it or after time the cement will come off abit and some of the white plastic will be expose especially the most sharp tip.. However u can also touch up urself by applying abit cement over it.

If u doing rough cement wall like my kitchen wall then I believe no such issues cos still can apply protection coat.

I see... Will be doing easy plaster, like yours.

The PVC won't be exposed right?

So happy that the Haiku Fan is up, waited a while for it cos heard is whole island no stock.

Tested the fan and seems quite good - silent and windy :thumbs up:

6782139310_33c4674772.jpg

Hello Pinkwhale, :D

Would like to ask you regarding your living room ceiling fan and your cove light.

Do you experience any strobe effect with the cove lights on and fan on?

I'm intending to have a similar design for my living room but is worried about the strobe effect.

One of the ID I met said, when on the fan don't on the cove light. OxO if like that a bit redundant to have the inner cove light.

Would like to hear your opinion. :)

Hi pinkwhale,

we will be getting our house in Punggol as well but over the span of next few years.

Could you kind share with me the contact of your Contractor? I'm truly impressed by his dedication and workmanship!

Your house looks great btw!

Thanks!!

I had pm-ed you !!

I see... Will be doing easy plaster, like yours.

The PVC won't be exposed right?

I see.. Ur easi plaster will be smooth or rough finishes? My tv console is smooth while kitchen is rough..

No the PVC won't be exposed unless the cement got scrap off like I mentioned after sometime or knock into it. But can touch up one..

So far how's ur progress?