Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

Hello Pinkwhale, :D

Would like to ask you regarding your living room ceiling fan and your cove light.

Do you experience any strobe effect with the cove lights on and fan on?

I'm intending to have a similar design for my living room but is worried about the strobe effect.

One of the ID I met said, when on the fan don't on the cove light. OxO if like that a bit redundant to have the inner cove light.

Would like to hear your opinion. :)

Hi^^

Thanks for dropping by again..

For my case won't have this problem cos my haiku fan had a drop down of 25cm so it is below the cove light. And I think the haiku fan is almost same height as my downlight so both cove light and downlight no problem for me.. Maybe my contractor calculated for me?? Or I'm pure lucky.. I was super worried also beforehand but my contractor keep telling me no problem no problem :)

Maybe u check the fan u buying if the stem height can be adjusted? If can then u can try to do it the same height as ur L-box then I think no issue cos cove light shine up and down light shine down... And of cos most important u must have enough clearance of at least IMO 50cm between fan and light. What do u think?

Edited by pinkwhale

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh I actually had the wrong perception!

I thought easi plaster is for rough surface only n smooth surface is cement screed. Didn't know it can be for both finishes.

What abt sealant? For both too?

A little confused here, hope u bear with me....

Our progress? Day 2, done with hacking n clearing. He just txt me that tiling starts tmr n electrician may be coming. I have not finalise my electrical plan yet!!!!!

K is getting popular, 4 houses concurrently! Hubby told him not to prioritise ours as we cannot cope with his pace! Plus we are not in a hurry to move in. Hahaha...

Hi Pinkwhale,

Stumbled upon your blog and I was very impressed with your ideas and renovation process. Your house looks great! its almost what I would be doing for my own place down the road in the future.

is it possible that you can share your contractor information and reno cost.? Would be grateful if you could pm me the details.

Thanks! :)

Oh I actually had the wrong perception!

I thought easi plaster is for rough surface only n smooth surface is cement screed. Didn't know it can be for both finishes.

What abt sealant? For both too?

A little confused here, hope u bear with me....

Our progress? Day 2, done with hacking n clearing. He just txt me that tiling starts tmr n electrician may be coming. I have not finalise my electrical plan yet!!!!!

K is getting popular, 4 houses concurrently! Hubby told him not to prioritise ours as we cannot cope with his pace! Plus we are not in a hurry to move in. Hahaha...

Actually K also never explain so much to me and he just use easi plaster for me cos he feel it is better. Only after my Reno started then I'm starting to think is easi plaster the brand of the cement powder? cos I see the big big word easi plaster infront of the bag.

K only told me easi plaster is better quality than those cement powder that those coffee shop floor use =.= and easi plaster color is lighter and also more expensive.

So all my cement screed smooth or rough is done by easi plaster powder.

As for sealant :- for my case only rough surface I do sealant and it feels good after the sealant apply, much cleaner and more complete look but the process of application is super horrible. When apply the sealant is like burning my wall and the wall becomes patchy black and as it drys it slowly turn back normal and finished with a tint of gloss on the wall and u can tell a protection layer had been applied.

As for my smooth cement, K tested the sealant on the underside of the bench first and the burning too happened but never subsided!!!! So.. He didn't continued and ask me to decide. So I opt without sealant since smooth surface no sealant also should look better.. More raw..

Ya.. He really very fast hor.. And his memory even better than me.. He can remember the details of my home better than me le haha.. Everytime I ask him qn with some wrong info he will scold me for confusing him hahaha...

Electrical planning very important oh.. I also didn't plan.. Then he plan for me and went ahead but in the end I felt I want more socket else where and some 2-way light switch then he got to call his electrician to come a few more times opps...

Edited by pinkwhale

Now I understand.....

I actually prefer smooth surface, but also want sealant..so I have to bear the patchy effect. Shall discuss with hubby again.

We did the electrical plan till 2.30am last nite. We are particular abt the aesthetic and functionality of the points, so we done up our own plan n specs for him.

Hi pinkwhale,

Really love the design of ur home. It sooo modern! Would you mind to PM me ur contractor's contact? Hw's the workmanship like? May i also know hw much the contractor quote u for the whole reno and what does it include? Many thks! :)

Hi Pinkwhale,

Stumbled upon your blog and I was very impressed with your ideas and renovation process. Your house looks great! its almost what I would be doing for my own place down the road in the future.

is it possible that you can share your contractor information and reno cost.? Would be grateful if you could pm me the details.

Thanks! :)

Hi chrisjaren

Thanks for liking my place

I had pm-ed you

Luckily I did not do any recommendation for my timber blind, just up for not long and defects had been found

6933554694_ef3c872994.jpg

7079640415_a1c2346980.jpg

they informed that they will need to come dismantle it and bring it back for repair. Though I'm glad that they are still responsible about this but this is causing me inconvenience, and their follow up service is really poor, I need to call them again and again to confirm when do they want to come... :furious:

Now I want to introduce my 2 little baby... I dunno why when I place them in my home they just seems so dear to me like 2 cute little baby and we actually carry them back ourselves.

So happy to see them in my home and at the moment they will be acting as our dining chairs until we officially find the right ones

6947246646_143966ebba.jpg

6947248126_8fa5811d69.jpg

7093318903_c5ae0715c6.jpg

6933576128_4aea9b6020.jpg

Are they adorable? :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Hi chrisjaren

Thanks for liking my place

I had pm-ed you

Hi Pinkwhale,

Thanks! For the PM!

Really love the look of your place. looking forward to seeing more pics!

6933576128_4aea9b6020.jpg

Your reno looks good! mind sharing your contractor's contact?

saw that you got your sofa from Wynn? how was their service after purchase and during delivery?

Edited by yokechye

Aaaaahhh.. the stools are really very cute. where did you buy and how much does it cost? Got other colors? I like furry furry things

Some more addition of small items in our living room, can be move out to our small balcony as well, its quite nice to sit and read a book on our balcony and feel the vitamin D soaking up the skin ;)

6947250322_9bfe5d3c6b.jpg

6947251200_0379d158f0.jpg

New appliance for the kitchen counter :sport-smiley-018:

CBTL Coffee Machine

6947252942_38007fcd31.jpg

Can't wait to move in to slowly enjoy the comfort of this new home