Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

Hi,

Read your t-blog and really like how you did the kitchen counters. Congrats on your new place and your moving in soon (now end april)

Could you pm me your contractor's contact details and the rough figure for the kitchen if possible? Can advise where & price of the bird nest stool on the balcony? Thanks.

Hi Sunsetsky

I had pm-ed you my contractor's contact.

Thanks...

The bird nest stool I got it from oddjects at orchard central, think the usual price is around $69, I got it at 30% off...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally we moved in yesterday and it was super tiring even though we had only little things to move.

We went Ikea to buy things for decor and shopping of grocery and today is the delivery of my another beloved suar wood dining table and also finally my fridge is also here..

forgot to bring my cable for my camera, cannot upload the nice photos today, will do it tomorrow after I go back to my MIL place... :sport-smiley-018:

Nice house!

Can i check with you on how did you use hang the bulb from Ikea for MBR toilet to give the"spider" effect?

We wanted to do the same but can't think on how to do it. =)

Hi Woon

Thanks... This is how we did it. I think there are other better and nicer options, but I chose to do it the more industrial way.

If you want to do it the same way as mine, you just show this pic to ur electrican they will know it.

6981238882_fdd9f74d63.jpg

Edited by pinkwhale

Hi^^

Thanks for dropping by again..

For my case won't have this problem cos my haiku fan had a drop down of 25cm so it is below the cove light. And I think the haiku fan is almost same height as my downlight so both cove light and downlight no problem for me.. Maybe my contractor calculated for me?? Or I'm pure lucky.. I was super worried also beforehand but my contractor keep telling me no problem no problem :)

Maybe u check the fan u buying if the stem height can be adjusted? If can then u can try to do it the same height as ur L-box then I think no issue cos cove light shine up and down light shine down... And of cos most important u must have enough clearance of at least IMO 50cm between fan and light. What do u think?

Hello Pinkwhale :) Thank you for your respond!

Think I may bring my floorplan to KDK and ask them for advice. :D

Adore the way your installed the lights in your bathroom. ^^

hi pinkwhale!

really adore your reno... I have always loved honeycomb tiles and wanted to use it as flooring but can't hack my toilet tiles... yet. I'm still sourcing and researching on IDs and contractors so can you pm me your contractor's details? Plus how much was your total damage?

Hi Pinkwhale,

i was looking through all 14 page of your updates and i really like your renovation. i was looking through your floor plan and might be similar to mine. thus would like to know who your ID/Contractor is as well as the cost for the entire reno. thanks!!!!

Today's highlight is my Suar Wood dining table :dancingqueen:

Let the pictures do the talking...

6985452356_07da27c149.jpg

6985452174_af34b007e1.jpg

7131535123_44c5d8a852.jpg

6985451438_fdf3db81bb.jpg

7131534105_91aa317e8b.jpg

As it is a natural piece thus there are some area of imperfection, but I guess that's where the beauty lies, its the raw and imperfection that made it unique and you need to learn to accept and love it as it is :- just like ur spouse... hahaha...

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I do... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hi Pinkwhale,

You've a very stylish place!

I'm looking for a reliable contractor, would you mind sharing his contact?

Just wondering, would the gouting of the kitchen be difficult to wash and scrub? Are such concrete structures cheaper than normal wood and laminates?

Hi Sunsetsky

I had pm-ed you my contractor's contact.

Thanks...

The bird nest stool I got it from oddjects at orchard central, think the usual price is around $69, I got it at 30% off...

Thanks for the pm and the info. :D

Hi Pinkwhale,

You've a very stylish place!

I'm looking for a reliable contractor, would you mind sharing his contact?

Just wondering, would the gouting of the kitchen be difficult to wash and scrub? Are such concrete structures cheaper than normal wood and laminates?

Hi theitsybits

Thanks!

I had pm u my contractor's contact

Hmm as for the kitchen grout, though I haven't really started doing much cooking yet but I agree it should be tougher to maintain as more regular cleaning is necessary.

But I believe its only the sink and stove area that is dirtier. But my self condolence theory is that after 1 or 2 yrs I can easily re-apply the white cement for those area that I cannot stand and they can start all over again and this can be easily DIY at a super low cost just need to spend some time.

But still I will not recommend if u want very very easy maintenance. Otherwise u can choose black grouting instead of white. Now I got little bit regret for not doing white tiles and black lines haha... To make my kitchen looks much brighter..

As for the price I think it's not much cheaper but also depending on which material you use...