Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

Finally Phase 2 renovation had commenced... K had arrived along with one worker together with the bricks and tool box and started working on my wall immediately... telling me he need to leave at 12pm and will leave the worker here to work on it... OMG.. I need K here to help me design my wall... He needs to go Boon Keng and Clementi.. Paiseh whoever meeting K today can release him earlier plssss............. :bow::bow::bow:

7291871076_aaa51bf166.jpg

7291998682_645d2395dd.jpg

I'm waiting anxiously to see the end results!

Dun worry, there's always Watsapp as avenue of comminications.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi... I had pm-ed you both...Good luck!!

Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to your completed brick wall photos :)

Your WIW is cool too... :)

Thanks, again.

Nice kitchen! I wish to have open concept kitchen too.. but worry of the smell and maintainace if i cook.

You used tiles for as your backsplash, isit easy to maintain or clean? and how u create the wall effect of the others side of ur kitchen wall!! :P

Hi hi

yup I used moasic as my back splash... so far i'm using happy call pan for cooking so its not so bad... i just wipe over to clean.. not soooo bad.

Smell wise is ok. I'm using a chimmy hood and happy call so the grease is still ok. wont reach the living room.. if u do alot of frying with normal pan... then I guess its tougher.

the other side of the wall is rough cement screed effect.

I think this is a very different white brick wall style - I actually wanted to do a tattered brick wall style... hmmm... i wont say we are 100% sucessfully... but it was a good attempt considering its the first time for us trying this kind of style and I couldnt find much sample/photos online to reference to :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

now that its done... I need to learn to love it and accept it... K say very tired to do my brick wall though its just small pcs here and there but need to think and think how to layout the brick to make the design look nice and we need to complete it within today. And there were few hrs where K was not with me.. so I feel some layout decided by me... abit not so nice :~

Now waiting for painting on Sat then this wall is completed, after that I will post pic again with the sofa and wall hang telephone in place.

7295247506_7a3a3e4832.jpg

7295506834_af0c864cca.jpg

Hi Pinkwhale, unlike the other houses that used brickwall, your place has a lot more character. Esp. your kitchen! Too many people are adopting similar brickwall-look for their place... not original at all. I like the fact that you have your own style despite also using brickwall. :)

Brick wall was up on Tues and after i posted the pics here... I continued to sit in my living room staring into my brick wall - really "面壁思过" and I just cant seems to feel satisfied with the wall. Thus on Wed morning, I bug K again... kept whatsapp-ing to him that I'm not satisfied with the design of my brick wall and haha... despite his busy schedule, he came with additional 15pcs of brick to help me touch up the wall....

Now it looks much better - looks more like a pc of wall haha... tomorrow is painting day... :dancingqueen:

7314474426_33b507a78d.jpg

7314551040_8ebcc1338e.jpg

7314635970_1ddb11d725.jpg

7314781050_9f05b1ce9f.jpg

Edited by pinkwhale

Hi Pinkwhale,

Love your house, it is so beautiful. I particularly like your dining table and brick wall, so unique. Can you PM the contact details of your contractor and total cost of renov? Many thanks.

Hi Pinkwhale, unlike the other houses that used brickwall, your place has a lot more character. Esp. your kitchen! Too many people are adopting similar brickwall-look for their place... not original at all. I like the fact that you have your own style despite also using brickwall. :)

Thanks for your compliment!!!

This brick wall was really a huge attempt for me and my contractor... I was super worried that it will not turn out well but he however was super relax...

Thanks for liking !!

Painting done... Lovely Telephone up...

7319428928_2d4f341acc.jpg

7319422846_28b0455d82.jpg

7319419632_cdfb986fec.jpg

7319416816_8642a076d8.jpg

Any comments?

That is a nice retro payphone. The black colour is a good contrast to the white semi brick wall. Wonder where did you get your inspiration from?

The payphone looks very familiar and realized that another renotalk T-blogger, Defelio had this too.

Edited by ahlipz

Yup yup Defelio had it too in full chrome... I fell in love with his phone actually and by chance I came across a website selling that phone so I was super determined to get it. I just feel that this phone will look super good against a brick wall and when me and my contractor was brainstorming for the idea of tattered brick wall.. It just strike me that this will make a even better combination.