Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Vornado 530B Compact Whole Room Air Circulatorby Vornado See the Amazon Page for this brand
Price: $44.99 & FREE Shipping. Details

it really depends on a few things...

1) Budget

2) Space in kitchen

3) possibility of a lifestyle change later on (might cook more, might wanna make your own cookies etc for kids so that you can control their diet a bit more etc)

I find meals prepared in the oven great...cos there is less clean up (dishes and kitchen)...less physical time in the kitchen...and healthy. Honestly, it depends on the individual. I hope that helps

I use a small toaster oven instead of a built-in version cos I wanted more counter top space n I cook 1-3 times a week...:D it's good enuf for 1-2 person meals, imo...

I like baking fish,asparagus etc as I find the taste n nutrition is better preserved n definitely less messy to clean up...:lol:

I use a small toaster oven instead of a built-in version cos I wanted more counter top space n I cook 1-3 times a week... :D it's good enuf for 1-2 person meals, imo...

I like baking fish,asparagus etc as I find the taste n nutrition is better preserved n definitely less messy to clean up... :lol:

which brand are u using btw? I'm looking for one.

My sis just bought the Tefal one in June. But my mum gave the thumbs down for that brand as she said it's way too slow compared to our old philips one (EOL now).

My house has been using toaster ovens since i was born. heh so it's a must.

IMHO a built in oven is a God send. Marinate stuff overnight, bring to room temperature and chuck into the oven. Job done. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Vanessa,

I do agree with you completely! I love marinating chicken thighs overnight and roasting it in the oven the next day. A built in oven is indeed a must have for me too haha.

which brand are u using btw? I'm looking for one.

My sis just bought the Tefal one in June. But my mum gave the thumbs down for that brand as she said it's way too slow compared to our old philips one (EOL now).

My house has been using toaster ovens since i was born. heh so it's a must.

lol, i use a tefal one - mine heats up pretty fast tho... :lol: but mine comes with a temperature dial - most of them only comes with pre-set stuff like toast etc...not many brands' toaster ovens allow temperature selection, btw...

Hi Vanessa,

I do agree with you completely! I love marinating chicken thighs overnight and roasting it in the oven the next day. A built in oven is indeed a must have for me too haha.

oh yes! marinated chicken wings in the oven!! :good:

lol, i use a tefal one - mine heats up pretty fast tho... :lol: but mine comes with a temperature dial - most of them only comes with pre-set stuff like toast etc...not many brands' toaster ovens allow temperature selection, btw...

yup temperature selection is important.

my mum does a lot of roast pork and chicken wings ... yumyum

Hmm, ok maybe see what my sis says abt the Tefal now that she's started using it.

Hi Kim76,

nice home you have. Just got my keys. Need to ask is it true we need the install the aircon before reno or after?

Any can advise

Hi Vanessa,

Would need your advice. Is there any brands of oven i should go for? What do you think of smeg oven? thks!

Hi Kim76,

nice home you have. Just got my keys. Need to ask is it true we need the install the aircon before reno or after?

Any can advise

Most people install the aircon piping fairly early on. Along the same time as ceiling works etc are being done. So that can be boxed up or hidden as needed.

This should be after the hacking and tiling phase.

The actual FCU doesnt need to be up so early.

Can ask your contractor/ID when they need the piping to be up. In fact they should give u a time table of sorts.

im counting the nos of switches at home now

Ong did you get the switches from taobao? Any good? Time for me to buy switches now...after the long delay...finally electrician dropped by the home

finally, i got my clock ! :wub:

Taobao store

ry9v.jpg

I arranged for the seller to ship direct without going through a freight forwarder, about SGD41 in total, COD...well-wrapped by the seller and shipper...

w2ib.jpg

Undoing the outside wrapping

clyj.jpg

The clock is encased by plastic foam, custom cut to its shape...and the cutout for the needles to prevent damage..

jxcy.jpg

First look at my beautiful clock - handcarved from 红木 (redwood)...a hook is provided for the clock but i'm planning to use a 3M hook...it weighs roughly 1.5kg, very solid feel...the finish is smooth and sanded well... :thumbs up:

8cvx.jpg

close up of the wood grain...the mechanism is not very noisy although it's not one of those continuous movement type...

all in all, beautiful clock - a bit expensive including the shipping fee but definitely a one of a kind type... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Shopping Gurus, any recommended online shopping websites (besides TB, Amazon, Qoo10 etc.) that you can recommend to buy bedsheets, quilt covers, pillow cases, etc.? A bit hesitant to shop @ Amazon due to different mattress sizes between US and Singapore? Pai seh ... actually prefer to buy online (unless bo bian) than go physical store front. TIA!