Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Dear all,

I have created a facebook page to share the good deals & good stuff.

I think it is easier to share in a dedicated fb page than here. Anyone can post their good deals or recommend the stuff that they are using now. I had started posting some items I got from Amazon in 2010 & 2011.

Feel free to like the page and contribute. :yamseng: :yamseng: :yamseng:

http://www.facebook.com/GoodDealsToShare

I had posted a basic guide on how to start shopping in Amazon in the above facebook page. I had also share a few items there.

Maybe some of you can also contribute on what are the tips and things to look out for.

HOW TO START SHOPPING IN AMAZON

1) Sign up for an account in Amazon

2) Give a shipping address. If there is no one at home during daytime, u need to provide another address. If not the delivery will be delayed. For me, I provide my office address.

3) Give a credit card number. Amazon accept Singapore Credit Card. (Don't worry. It is very safe. I had bought more than 100 items from Amazon)

4) Create a wishlist. This is a list where you can put those items u like and would like to purchase in the future. You can have multiple wishlist. Check the prices in your wishlist once a while because sometime the price will drop. U will be surprised how much the price can drop!

5) Start shopping. Try to checkout the items and see whether they ship to Singapore. If not, wait for my next post on how to sign up with 3rd party courier. If yes, try to group as many items as possible to save on shipping charges.

6) Try to play around different groups of items to see the shipping charges. Important: Keep the total cost of goods plus shipping below SGD$400 to prevent GST!

7) Only when u are satisfied with the order. Click the "Place your order". Then the order is done. Amazon will also inform u when is the shipment date.

8) Amazon will send you email on the order and you can also go to your account in Amazon to check on the status.

9) If you had made a mistake in ordering, u can go to your account and cancel the order and start again. I had tried to cancel my order a few hours after confirming and they allowed me.

HAPPY SHOPPING!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:good:

Indeed u are the guru of guru... :bow:

Last time i had amazon acc. But earlier this year i received funny2 emails from amazon stating that my orders had been cancelled. Strangely, i never put any of those cancelled orders... So i terminate my amazon account... :(

That was why i ordered my sink with my neighbour.

But, i might create a new amazon acc.... Kim, u r indeed the guru.. :bow:

:good:

Indeed u are the guru of guru... :bow:

Last time i had amazon acc. But earlier this year i received funny2 emails from amazon stating that my orders had been cancelled. Strangely, i never put any of those cancelled orders... So i terminate my amazon account... :(

That was why i ordered my sink with my neighbour.

But, i might create a new amazon acc.... Kim, u r indeed the guru.. :bow:

Pai sei leh.... I believe there are more guru out there. Just that they are silently browsing.

I created the page also because quite a lot of my fb friends keep asking me how to shop in Amazon, what did u buy, why?

SO I guess it is easier to compile all in one page. Then I also think those here will be interested so share lor.

But me 1 person only got this much good deals. Also need others to post in the page as well.

Happy shopping!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Pai sei leh.... I believe there are more guru out there. Just that they are silently browsing.

I created the page also because quite a lot of my fb friends keep asking me how to shop in Amazon, what did u buy, why?

SO I guess it is easier to compile all in one page. Then I also think those here will be interested so share lor.

But me 1 person only got this much good deals. Also need others to post in the page as well.

Happy shopping!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Wau, kim, I die le, see ur posting on how to shop in Amazon, I think my pocket holes will be getting bigger. Haha.

Wau, kim, I die le, see ur posting on how to shop in Amazon, I think my pocket holes will be getting bigger. Haha.

U go my page and u can see the recommended deals.. even bigger holes :notti: :notti: :notti:

But of course the stuff I recommend are those I had bought n used and I think it is good!

And of course, the price must be cheaper than Singapore or those u can't find in Singapore.

Think I should start buying some stocks in Amazon.. haa... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Once again, my page :good: :good: :good:

U go my page and u can see the recommended deals.. even bigger holes :notti: :notti: :notti:

But of course the stuff I recommend are those I had bought n used and I think it is good!

And of course, the price must be cheaper than Singapore or those u can't find in Singapore.

Think I should start buying some stocks in Amazon.. haa... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Once again, my page :good: :good: :good:

you should watch this

I had posted a basic guide on how to start shopping in Amazon in the above facebook page. I had also share a few items there.

Maybe some of you can also contribute on what are the tips and things to look out for.

HOW TO START SHOPPING IN AMAZON

1) Sign up for an account in Amazon

2) Give a shipping address. If there is no one at home during daytime, u need to provide another address. If not the delivery will be delayed. For me, I provide my office address.

3) Give a credit card number. Amazon accept Singapore Credit Card. (Don't worry. It is very safe. I had bought more than 100 items from Amazon)

4) Create a wishlist. This is a list where you can put those items u like and would like to purchase in the future. You can have multiple wishlist. Check the prices in your wishlist once a while because sometime the price will drop. U will be surprised how much the price can drop!

5) Start shopping. Try to checkout the items and see whether they ship to Singapore. If not, wait for my next post on how to sign up with 3rd party courier. If yes, try to group as many items as possible to save on shipping charges.

6) Try to play around different groups of items to see the shipping charges. Important: Keep the total cost of goods plus shipping below SGD$400 to prevent GST!

7) Only when u are satisfied with the order. Click the "Place your order". Then the order is done. Amazon will also inform u when is the shipment date.

8) Amazon will send you email on the order and you can also go to your account in Amazon to check on the status.

9) If you had made a mistake in ordering, u can go to your account and cancel the order and start again. I had tried to cancel my order a few hours after confirming and they allowed me.

HAPPY SHOPPING!

i think vpost declares to SG customs at parcel level. thus if you split your amazon purchase into 2 checkouts, and thus 2 parcels, both parcels can be 399.99 and you will be ok.

i think vpost declares to SG customs at parcel level. thus if you split your amazon purchase into 2 checkouts, and thus 2 parcels, both parcels can be 399.99 and you will be ok.

that is what he had typed in point 6. Each order/parcel should be sgd400 or less, or usd300 assuming rate of 1.30.

humangear GoToob Travel Bottle, Clear/Blue/Green, Medium (2 oz)

41pXbHE3GPL.jpg

This travel bottles is interesting. I travel a lot and I always carry my own shampoo and shower foam. But the problem with normal travel container is they leak, crack, difficult to refill and sometime the size is wrong. This humangear bottle is specially designed for travelling. The bottle is made of silicon, a special "leak proof" valve at the cap and there is also a suction cup on the bottle for sticking onto wall or mirror. This is selling in Singapore for around $40. I got it from Amazon for USD$20.

Edited by kim76

My Vornado fan has arrived. Now getting the transformer to test it.

Thanks Kim76 for highlighting this good deal.

what's the model that you all are buying? intending to get 1.. but dunno which model..

I did not face any issues with the website and the shipment reached me within 1 month.

All the items seem to be in good order but i have yet to install it so cant comment on the working condition yet.

Hi Nexer,

How you make payments for the items? they only have paypal +5% or bank transfer..

yo yo..

dunno where to post.. so hijack ur thread for a while.. Kim76 dun mind hor..

Juz back from PS and notice Mayer having xmas/year end sale... some of their hoods and hobs and built in ovens going at a very competitive prices.. even I also tempted... but cannot only keep for a max of 3 to 4 months..

yo yo..

dunno where to post.. so hijack ur thread for a while.. Kim76 dun mind hor..

Juz back from PS and notice Mayer having xmas/year end sale... some of their hoods and hobs and built in ovens going at a very competitive prices.. even I also tempted... but cannot only keep for a max of 3 to 4 months..

I dont have good impression on mayer. You are looking at gas/eletric hob? For hood, best to look out for build-in carbon filter kind.