Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I almost bought the Unit at Block 788B, corner unit at level 6, facing the school last June.

Quite upset with the agent as we are in constant contact and I did tell him we are waiting for our previous flat to be sold off before we can commit.

The agent do not want to wait and close the deal 3 days earlier before we can come in with the offer.

Oh well, those are the days, I bet now there's tons of maisonette unsold due to the drop in property demands.

Curious to know, what is your unit sq.m3?? Me staying in 788B , 144Sqm3 ...with bomb shelter..

I almost bought the Unit at Block 788B, corner unit at level 6, facing the school last June.

Quite upset with the agent as we are in constant contact and I did tell him we are waiting for our previous flat to be sold off before we can commit.

The agent do not want to wait and close the deal 3 days earlier after we can come in with the offer.

Oh well, those are the days, I bet now there's tons of maisonette unsold due to the drop in property demands.

Hi EmPro,

I am staying in 797 same size but without the bomb shelter.

Btw, does anyone knows where I could get rental of a whole unit for 2 months while my reno gets done?

I have been searching extensively and my reno started date is coming closer.

Nazza

Hi Whalegaga,

Sorry for the delayed response. I replied from my email but it didn't show up. Yes we practically are neighbors. But my balcony is all covered so I don't get air or plenty of sunlight in my house. I'm considering using dryer, what do you think?

Curious to know, what is your unit sq.m3?? Me staying in 788B , 144Sqm3 ...with bomb shelter..

Hi Nazza,

A dryer is okay in my opinion. I did considered to buy one back then.

I do realise it takes just overnight for my clothes to get dry, thus i drop that idea. :)

But the Washing Machine area is small thou, you need to stack up the dryer on top of it and by doing so, you have to remove the existing wall mounted hangers.

That's practically my concern initially.

Hi Whalegaga,

Sorry for the delayed response. I replied from my email but it didn't show up. Yes we practically are neighbors. But my balcony is all covered so I don't get air or plenty of sunlight in my house. I'm considering using dryer, what do you think?

Hi guys,

I bought my Gen 3 EM about 14 years ago in Woodlands block 7XX. It was move in condition, we only had to paint before moving in but paid $30k COV. To cut a long story short, it's time for reno and I've 99% finalized with a company called Rows & Columns (anyone have experience using them, appreciate your feedback). They're charging me approximately $35k for the following works (summary):

1. Hacking & re-tiling kitchen + toilet

2. New kitchen cabinets with piping

3. Cereta solid surface kitchen top (is this quartz or diff?)

4. Hacking & re-tiling 2 toilets upstairs

5. Vanity cabinets and sliding shower screens for 2 toilets

6. Sanding & re-varnishing the parquet flooring (upstairs all the rooms + common area)

7. Feature wall with TV console

8. Whole house painting

I'm left with some queries:

1. I have problem drying clothes indoors, I've installed a ceiling hanging aluminum clothes line but it right in front of the downstairs toilet.

a) Any other suggestions?

b) The void area ceiling is too high, anyone using this to mount clothes drying solution?

2. Recommended location for curtains and curtain railings.

3. I'm planning to order my bathroom fixtures from Tabao, any feedback?

I would greatly appreciate your valuable input.

Nazza

Hi all, I've just received my OTP for a EM at Yishun Ring Road Blk 3xx

Hope to meet fellow owners, esp neighbours who stay in the area!!

my unit requires complete overhaul (hacking floor and wall, rewiring, windows etc)... I should be engaging Mr Yeak who did my first flat 5 yrs ago

He estimated cost to be at least $80K *gulp*

First question - anyone have 2 air con compressor in their service balcony? Any problems with having the compressors there?

Thanks very much!

Hihi,

I am new here. I have a EM for resale right at the upcoming Tampines Townhub..Unblock and above Mid floor.

If any of you happened to chance upon this post and would like to view or have frds looking.. PM me pls !:) Thank U!!

From your pictures, almost all of them are either covered by Roller shutter or a roof over it. U should not face much issue it seems with regards to weather exposure. It is those blocks of EMs near tampines mrt am I right?

Edited by Whalegaga