Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Oh, can show them? My ID was against having laminated cabinets at my balcony. I wanted to do some shelving to create a laundry are.

my balcony gets full force of the rain lol, 3/4 of the flooring will be wet but it dries really fast as well

Actually im not doing the laminated cabinets, it will be from previous owner and we would like to retain them since it is still in good condition. Well, another is becoz our budget is really tight so our renovation will be very tight as well.

I cannot show now since i havent got the keys but here is the balcony from outside

gallery_18462_7_89758.jpg

Besides renovating a maisonette isn't cheap. my pocket still hurts and i'm only 80% completed at the current moment, ouch.

totally agree!!!!! My place is like 60% complete due to budget and work doesn't help . so adding bits a little at a time. do envy the rest where everything is done to the tee and complete....

i think mine is gen 2. balcony behind the kitchen and i have my own refuse chute.

i like the open balcony but unfortunately i will have some laminated cabinets at the balcony so i have to block it against rain.

Oh, can show them? My ID was against having laminated cabinets at my balcony. I wanted to do some shelving to create a laundry are.

my balcony gets full force of the rain lol, 3/4 of the flooring will be wet but it dries really fast as well

Hi Sherwinsm,

I'm not so sure of other Generation Mansionette but I've noticed the rain (seriously heavy) hardly comes into the Service Balcony for my Gen 3 Unit.

But the moisture content is really high thou; the area can feel cold and damp at times.

I really think you should consider having the installation of your proposed cabinet at the Balcony on later dates, stay in for a couple of months first to observe.

However if your proposed laminated cabinet is extended/ part of your kitchen; then consider using other kinds of material which can withstand the moisture.

Bro Cleong is very right on it.

Besides renovating a maisonette isn't cheap. my pocket still hurts and i'm only 80% completed at the current moment, ouch.

i think mine is gen 2. balcony behind the kitchen and i have my own refuse chute.

i like the open balcony but unfortunately i will have some laminated cabinets at the balcony so i have to block it against rain.

Rather than protect from the rain and elements, may be a better idea to opt for outdoor furniture and cabinetry. Costs more but looks better and will be more durable. Even if you protect laminated cabinets from direct rain, the high moisture levels and heat due to exposure will cause the laminates to peel pretty fast.

But I have 148 sqm and not 150++ type.... Ya having own private chute is actually much easier. Which areas have the Gen 4?

I have 3 rain showers but the usage is reasonable. My electricity is the one which takes most because of the aircon i think?

Cleong, where can I get Install rubber/plastic gaskets?

Moved in 4 months and still trying to work out what to do with the house *lol*

kissgurami,

you can buy from HomeFix or any hardware stores. They have different types like rubber, brush type, etc.

Thanks cleong!! I will install them for the room doors.

Does anyone have 2 aircon compressors for their Gen 2 units? Pondering if I should install fan or aircon for the ground floor room.

Any hardware store should be able to supply those rubber pieces, ask the uncle behind the counter and he will show you. I buy mine from the neighbourhood hardware store. Its nothing more complicated than a rubber wiper blade, or nylon bristle-like brush.

I'm aware that Toh Guan near IMM have one of the last batches of EM - you might find them in Choa Chu Kang North as well. I think HDB stopped building it pretty much around the same time that Walk-In Selection of flats ended.

But I have 148 sqm and not 150++ type.... Ya having own private chute is actually much easier. Which areas have the Gen 4?

I have 3 rain showers but the usage is reasonable. My electricity is the one which takes most because of the aircon i think?

Cleong, where can I get Install rubber/plastic gaskets?

Moved in 4 months and still trying to work out what to do with the house *lol*

Wah,Test history.

I only know

5 Rm - 130++sqm. Storeroom, Balcony, L-Shaped Stairs, 1 wash area, Kitchen, Study room, 3 bedroom above, 2 toilets above

Gen 1 - 150++sqm. Utility Room, Balcony, L-Shaped Stairs, 1 wash area, Kitchen, Dinning Room, 3 bedroom above, 2 toilets above

Gen 2 - 150++sqm. Dinning Room, Study Room, Balcony, L-Shaped Stairs, Kitchen, 3 bedroom above, , 2 toilets above, 1 toilet below (only kind to have Square Layout)

Gen 3 - 144++sqm. Dinning Room, Study Room, Balcony, U-Shaped Stairs unless Corner Unit L-Shape, Kitchen, Service Balcony, 3 bedroom above, 2 toilets above, 1 toilet below

Gen 4 - 144++sqm. Dinning Room, Study Room, Bomb Shelter, Balcony, U-Shaped Stairs unless Corner Unit L, Kitchen, Service Balcony, 3 bedroom above, 2 toilets above, 1 toilet below

I'm not too sure about those penthouse kind of HDB masionette thou or those weird shapes found in Bukit Batok/ Jurong.

Don't slap me but I remembered all these due to the units I've visited, lolxx

Edited by Whalegaga

Yours Gen 2 correct? Mine Gen 3. That's the Service Balcony. If you have a steel beam, mine is a Wall, lolxx.

Your waterproofing is a massive issue, to resolve it. Gotta hack the floor like what Bro Cleong mentioned. Apply the coating and tile it again.

Really you should knock your ID's head.

Ya Mine should be Gen 2? How do i find out what is mine? It is 22 years old so I thought it is gen 3....

Water proofing never do properly for your upstairs toilet. Probably going to be a big hacking job for the floor. Make sure they do a proper job.

they suspect the water proofing at the drainage has issue. Coming on thursday to check *fingers crossed*

Me too!!! You dont have the steel beam? I have the steel beam and pondering to do a bamboo blind instead.

Yours Gen 2 correct? Mine Gen 3. That's the Service Balcony. If you have a steel beam, mine is a Wall, lolxx.

Your waterproofing is a massive issue, to resolve it. Gotta hack the floor like what Bro Cleong mentioned. Apply the coating and tile it again.

Really you should knock your ID's head.

Edited by Whalegaga