Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi, for the 1st floor corridor window grille lock is not sufficient, what can be installed to enhance the security to the window grille?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone of you faces the same problem as me? 1st floor toilet no ventilation window...

Is it important to have ventilation for the toilet?

lvl 1 is the powder room right so probably just do biz and go, nice to have windows but probably not as crucial as those upstairs. i do have lourve windows though.

it's a sliding door...dun think we are able to leave a gap above the door...sighs

Thinking if I should hack the top part away to put ventilation blocks so that there will be some form of ventilations... obviously $$$

Since there is no window, we asked the contractor to leave a gap above the door.....for ventilation. Can't imagine doing business inside there in totally enclosed space....

I wanted to install exhaust fan in 2 of the toilets too, but the window supplier advised me against it, saying the power of the exhaust fan will eventually die down, and its not very useful to ventilate the toilet..plus I myself have a bit of OCD, and the thought of not able to clean the exhaust fan kind of bug me...

He told me there are 2 types of exhaust fans - one gets powered when u pull the string and other is motor. The former dun look very nice, with that string thinggy, and the motor version is much nicer, however expensive...so in the end, we just opt for normal louver window.

I want to install exhaust fan in MBR toilet, 1 common room, kitchen. Anyone does this?
In Malaysia, my aunties house fix exhaust fan everywhere. So the air circulation is very good. In hot weather like lately, her house also consider cooling.

Edited by raspberryjam

I want to install exhaust fan in MBR toilet, 1 common room, kitchen. Anyone does this?

In Malaysia, my aunties house fix exhaust fan everywhere. So the air circulation is very good. In hot weather like lately, her house also consider cooling.

Anyone of you faces the same problem as me? 1st floor toilet no ventilation window...

Is it important to have ventilation for the toilet?

Since there is no window, we asked the contractor to leave a gap above the door.....for ventilation. Can't imagine doing business inside there in totally enclosed space....

got a question for mansionette owners, how do you vacuum the second level floor? We have an osim vacuum but the thought of lugging it upstairs and the difficulty with the stairs is quite zzzzz.

Wife is suggesting getting those cordless/standing vacuum, any recommendations? Dyson/Electrolux/Bosch? Cordless gives me the impression the suction power is not that strong....

I have an osim, a smaller and more portable vacumn and a handheld one for kids play area. the osim is a pain to lug ard so i think would be good if you invested in another smaller or handheld one.

@Aries I would love to build more storage space but carpentry work is the killer, will cost a bomb. Will see how budget permits.

I hate renovation, the process is very traumatic. I moving probably after 7th month, which is Sep. haha still long but coz I am FTWM I don't have much spare time. So gotten start plan and search for ideas early.

it is never a bad idea to have more storage space if budget permits. we use the yard area to build a large cabinet that extends partially into the 2nd floor. i moved to an em for almost 3 years and unless u regularly dump stuff you will need that space. for some reason there are empty spaces underneath the windows in two of my bedrooms, we have converted that into storage areas as well. the staircase storeroom is quite horrible for storage, small and weird shape.

• Like 2

Upgraded to "pioneer" renotalk citizen liao...LOL.. congrats

Great to see this blog come alive again! After a long absence, I am happy to see new people joining the ranks of EM owners here.

I hope to get new ideas from these sharing. I also realise my tblog has 'disappeared' n gone into the renotalk museum....haha :)

• Like 2

Great to see this blog come alive again! After a long absence, I am happy to see new people joining the ranks of EM owners here.

I hope to get new ideas from these sharing. I also realise my tblog has 'disappeared' n gone into the renotalk museum....haha :)

Jus stumbled on this thread! Hi everyone! :D:D

We bought an EM around Lorong Chuan last year Nov, and we just started our reno in mid April...scheduled to complete around end June.

Off-topic: Anyone had problems logging in Renotalk recently? I didnt manage to log in over the last weekend..wonder if it's my computer or the forum server..hmm

So long never come renotalk! Time flies! I have Been staying in EM for a year ! Welcome all new EM owners!

Hello, so how has the experience been? :)