Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
TPY? near to Lor 8?

Yes Yes that is the place !! Near to 3 markets (Lor 4,5,8) and have alot of foods :)

Yes Yes that is the place !! Near to 3 markets (Lor 4,5,8) and have alot of foods :)

good hor. Lor 4 Blk 124 got nice Ang Ku Kuehs. Hey, doing some updates so what's your total sqm and yours is rectangle or squarish balcony?

good hor. Lor 4 Blk 124 got nice Ang Ku Kuehs. Hey, doing some updates so what's your total sqm and yours is rectangle or squarish balcony?

Sama Sama to HDB_SIGH. It is the rectangular type with Grill up all the way to ceiling. Don't like the cage !!

Sama Sama to HDB_SIGH. It is the rectangular type with Grill up all the way to ceiling. Don't like the cage !!

my grilles are those pot-belly wrought iron but not all the way to ceiling. Urs done by previous owner?

my grilles are those pot-belly wrought iron but not all the way to ceiling. Urs done by previous owner?

Ya lah, iprevious indian owner have wierd taste. :) I think they have many gold at home. Here lock there lock !!

!!

just wanna share that i will be executing the OTP tomorrow evening.

after all the delays with the banks on the loan thingy ... nearly freaked out. loan approval was only obtained yesterday afternoon! what a relief! agent was helpful, help us to negotiate and extend the OTP to tomorrow. at least i dun feel i m being ripped off by paying the 1% buyer commission :P

agent said that HDB 1st appt are now queued all the way to late september liao ... can only pray for the best and earliest date possible.

any one can advise what happens during 1st appt?

1. how long is the process?

2. do we get the keys?

3. can start reno, or apply to HDB for reno approval first before completion e.g. aircon instalment, toilets hacking etc?

4. anyone did a overlay on the kitchen and balcony flooring?

hope to be able to move in before Christmas, and start 2008 anew :)

i am just so happy ... :)

!!

after all the delays with the banks on the loan thingy ... nearly freaked out. loan approval was only obtained yesterday afternoon! what a relief! agent was helpful, help us to negotiate and extend the OTP to tomorrow. at least i dun feel i m being ripped off by paying the 1% buyer commission :)

agent said that HDB 1st appt are now queued all the way to late september liao ... can only pray for the best and earliest date possible.

2. do we get the keys?

3. can start reno, or apply to HDB for reno approval first before completion e.g. aircon instalment, toilets hacking etc?

hope to be able to move in before Christmas, and start 2008 anew :P

i am just so happy ... :wub:

Welcome to EM! Take your time and try to maintaince a good relationship with the seller to maintaince your house. Do negotiate with the seller when can you have the key takeover privately, make it black and white if possible else 8|:wub: ( Some seller can promise you to move out at this date then next day called say cannot make it!:)). Make sure you are comfortable in the takeover of house processes from the seller. Not too rush if you are a second time buyer.

1st appt very fast for me as I am getting HDB loan, only 1 hours plus queing up but yours may be longer. Officialy in HDB hub, no keys handing. CPF no money liao after it.

Renovation wait till you go after the 1st appt. no rush no rush

Cheers to your new home :)

!!

after all the delays with the banks on the loan thingy ... nearly freaked out. loan approval was only obtained yesterday afternoon! what a relief! agent was helpful, help us to negotiate and extend the OTP to tomorrow. at least i dun feel i m being ripped off by paying the 1% buyer commission :P

2. do we get the keys?

hope to be able to move in before Christmas, and start 2008 anew :)

i am just so happy ... :)

congrats.....so which bank did u go to for your housing loan? Glad your agent is helpful cos we need to pay them 1% for buying and not forgetting the inevitable 7% GST.

wow, resale market really picking up hor. Here's my reply to your queries:

1. 1st appt as in how long the session or waiting time for your 1st appt? Anyway, I've provided 2 replies. Some of the HDB officers are very experienced so they compete the 1st appt session very fast. As for your 1st appt date, u'll know it once agent submit resale application to HDB.

2. When can your seller move out? Some seller do hand over the keys to u during 1st appt and if u plan to carry out reno thereafter (i.e after 1st appt) then seller must be willing to sign a indemnity form. Many buyers do it, especially when they wanna start reno before the hungry ghost festival. Just make sure everything is clear especially for the in-principle approval of the resale after the 1st appt as I've know of a case whereby buyers almost completed reno then the whole resale was thrown outdue to some issues from sellers' side. In the end, buyer folk out nearly 40k of reno for nothing....seller got to enjoy a newly renovated house.

btw, u can ask for early 2nd appt during the 1st appt provided both seller n buyer agreed to it. For some cases, agent drafted a letter to HDB officer after seller n buyer settled on a particular date for 2nd appt.

3. better to apply reno permit first as some neighbours very petty and wld complain to HDB if they cant tahan the hacking then u as owner wld be in trouble if there's no reno permit.

4. Cant advise u on this as I hacked everything in my EM. U can check with Homeowner on the overlaying as she overlaid her toilet floor tiles.

so what's yr total sqm & rectangle balcony right? U need to do minor or major reno? Should be able to enjoy Xmas songs in your lovely EM. Good luck!

Edited by hello88

Bossom

How I envy you can renovate the house till Sui Sui. I am in rush to sell my old unit and move in within 2 weeks with my babies. Cannot renovate as no time. Now have to live in cage :) and Ah Nei house. !!

But happy for you and I still love EM. :P

Now my whole house is like a play ground for may toddles and babies

Bossom

How I envy you can renovate the house till Sui Sui. I am in rush to sell my old unit and move in within 2 weeks with my babies. Cannot renovate as no time. Now have to live in cage :) and Ah Nei house. !!

But happy for you and I still love EM. :P

Now my whole house is like a play ground for may toddles and babies

nvm la....just think that u've saving $$ for reno. U moved in then discuss and see what are those necessary reno.

btw, how old are your kids?

Edited by hello88

Bossom

but got FOC curry smell left over mah..... no need cook curry also can smell curry.

24.gif

:notti:

thanks for all the good wishes ...

dun intend to do much as not much cash on hand. will be spending whatever cash we have on the upfront COV payment, agent comm etc.

next few months really need to save as much $$ as possible for the reno and furnishings.

:jawdrop: no shopping for clothes n shoes, no restaurants, cut down on my tit-bits. :P

layout - it's the rectangle layout i think, area 143sqm.

i am still exploring how to upload the pictures. Saw an instruction posting on the Blog page. Need to digest and experiment first.

fortunately, the hall, stairway and bedrooms flooring are in good condition - just need to find someone to polish, so we will save $$ and time in that area. the balcony parapet is in good condition, but the flooring is 'debatable'. If not to expensive to overlay, will probably do a simple job, else, will do a chemical wash and hopefully, the black grouting will lighten up. No grills on the balcony, as well as no blockage as over-seeing the school. Parapet is quite high, so worries for the kids in that aspect as well.

Not planning in concrete until my FSM views the place, in avoid disappointment esp for the kids. Already asking to keep hamsters, turtles *faint* ....

Kids are 9 (girl) and 5 (boy).

:P

:notti:

thanks for all the good wishes ...

dun intend to do much as not much cash on hand. will be spending whatever cash we have on the upfront COV payment, agent comm etc.

next few months really need to save as much $$ as possible for the reno and furnishings.

:jawdrop: no shopping for clothes n shoes, no restaurants, cut down on my tit-bits. :P

layout - it's the rectangle layout i think, area 143sqm.

i am still exploring how to upload the pictures. Saw an instruction posting on the Blog page. Need to digest and experiment first.

fortunately, the hall, stairway and bedrooms flooring are in good condition - just need to find someone to polish, so we will save $$ and time in that area. the balcony parapet is in good condition, but the flooring is 'debatable'. If not to expensive to overlay, will probably do a simple job, else, will do a chemical wash and hopefully, the black grouting will lighten up. No grills on the balcony, as well as no blockage as over-seeing the school. Parapet is quite high, so worries for the kids in that aspect as well.

Not planning in concrete until my FSM views the place, in avoid disappointment esp for the kids. Already asking to keep hamsters, turtles *faint* ....

Kids are 9 (girl) and 5 (boy).

:P

ya lah, do chemcial wash then see how. Sometimes close one eye or both eyes can la. In fact, white grouting easily become black and I've given up on that especially when u got kids at home. Initially my kids also kept rabbit then a small parrot we rescued from void deck then terrapins, etc. All of these pets given up liao. Now only got fish tank with some red parrot fishes and my lor han.

for safety, please install grilles.

Edited by hello88