Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi how much did you pay COV?The fengshui cant do anything to overcome or other solution?

hi yoh.... about 80k.... very silly hor... although house is well maintence but the design is 8 years ago, so very old fashion.. even the marble floor has black cracked lines.

actually quite a lot of buyers are offering the same price and the agent sell it to me because i promise to let him sell my current house. even so the agent is telling me that after i give my cheque there are people offering higher price than me. i think all these buyers are crazy like me to chase up the price. But hardly any people sell units there that's why the demand is so hot. a year ago, the unit on higher floor is selling 100k lesser.. but i was not wise enough to buy then... hai..... now hope property go up and up and up so i can sell at profit next year.

fengshui say my facing is other direction , advise me to look for another property in the next few year. he never tell me how to correct the situation. ...

one question, what can em owners do to thier window at corridor to avoid people peeping in but at the same time not seal/close the window so that the wind can flow through??

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bo bian this year property really went up alot.Guess i am the few lucky ones to get it below value.For me my FS ask me to do a partition on the staircase in order to have more privacy and avoid my Chai position from letting ppl to see from the corridor.

Dear Homeowner,

I do feel bad about it as Harry Potter sleeps under the stairs as well. We have done the measurements and it will just fit a bed in with some walking space. It was suggested by an ID. Not meant for concrete walls. More for build in cupboard (carpentry) so that it can be removed in the future. It is like staying in a wooden (MDF/HDF) room. Still waiting for ID for 3D picts.

We would would like to do mainly, retiling of lower floors (homogenous), Laminate upstairs (supreme) and kitchen cabinets with master bedroom walk in and "Harry Potter" room. The three toilets. I thought that is standard with most renovation of old flats. Need to learn how to get images onto here to further illustrate what we are thinking of.

wld really wanna see the pictures. U can refer to Pg. 28 of our thread on posting images. Click this icon :D

hi yoh.... about 80k.... very silly hor... although house is well maintence but the design is 8 years ago, so very old fashion.. even the marble floor has black cracked lines.

actually quite a lot of buyers are offering the same price and the agent sell it to me because i promise to let him sell my current house. even so the agent is telling me that after i give my cheque there are people offering higher price than me. i think all these buyers are crazy like me to chase up the price. But hardly any people sell units there that's why the demand is so hot. a year ago, the unit on higher floor is selling 100k lesser.. but i was not wise enough to buy then... hai..... now hope property go up and up and up so i can sell at profit next year.

fengshui say my facing is other direction , advise me to look for another property in the next few year. he never tell me how to correct the situation. ...

one question, what can em owners do to thier window at corridor to avoid people peeping in but at the same time not seal/close the window so that the wind can flow through??

congrats on getting your EM. Hip Hip Hooray....we have another EM member added to Hougang Estate so Hougang EM owners leading the pack now :D

btw, where's your EM? Hougang Ave 8 or Central as u paid 80K COV. Why not keep the marble flooring cos they can polish the marbles even though there's cracks. Wasted to hack away marble flooring.

This is my corridor windows

corridor.jpg

....tinted so totally cannot see through so I also save $ on having the need to install curtains. Anyway, I seldom open the windows cos the wind flow is very strong from my balcony as well as my main door. We usually only open either one or two panels of the windows during weekends to invite 4D luck...hahahaha.

Edited by hello88

Dear Bekind,

Sorry to hear about the distress. Quite a stressful event, buying a place with doubts about overpaying, over renovating, feng shui etc. Hopefully, we will be able to look back and laugh about this experience. Retrospectively, things are sometimes better than when you are going through it.

I thought about the privacy thing as well with wind and could only think about blinds. Venetian or vertical. I personally like the wooden horizontal venetian blinds.

Hi Bekind,

No worries, you are not the only one with the design. Everybody is living with it. Open one or two panel of the windows. In-front of the open panel put a 屏枫to block the view from outside passing by.

Like me although I live in Ah nei house but I am growing to love it. Hope you have a home sweet home after renovation. This is the time you can change the climate, FS as according to yours. 天命, 地运, 人为。 do something on 人为 to help yourself happy. Bless you. Best wishes

Edited by TPY

80k COV!! that would have been some killer interior designing....

But hey homeowner, you can sell after 1 year??

To own an EM is a dream of mine, especially those that have the outdoor balcony between the kitchen and living, so many ideas run thro my mind. By the way, you cant extend the master into the void space right? As in built a roof for the balcony and then a room above.

I want my EM leh.... want lah

80k COV!! that would have been some killer interior designing....

But hey homeowner, you can sell after 1 year??

To own an EM is a dream of mine, especially those that have the outdoor balcony between the kitchen and living, so many ideas run thro my mind. By the way, you cant extend the master into the void space right? As in built a roof for the balcony and then a room above.

I want my EM leh.... want lah

i think take bank loan can sell after 1 yr.

only Bishan has those outdoor balcony type of EM right? Ya, cannot extend MBR to build a spare room over the void.

so hv u got your EM?

I havent got my EM yet but its a working dream :)

Those type of EM Choa Chu Kang also have. Block 282 I think. And the balcony if i remembered correctly was comparatively bigger than most I have seen here, strangely enough.

But also EM reno is very heavy on the pocket too. I am hoping after they launch their punggol treetops design, they would use their brains and build more homes with extended balconies. But until then... I want my EM leh... want lah.

Those type of EM Choa Chu Kang also have. Block 282 I think. And the balcony if i remembered correctly was comparatively bigger than most I have seen here, strangely enough.

But also EM reno is very heavy on the pocket too. I am hoping after they launch their punggol treetops design, they would use their brains and build more homes with extended balconies. But until then... I want my EM leh... want lah.

i sell you my em.

i sell you my em.

HAHAAH you just bought it right? Sure I will buy it but... alas finance man finance... thats why its a working dream in progress. the EM at punggol looks good too yeah?

ic, good luck. Hope your EM dream come true then can join our EM thread