Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zihui

Mission Impossible

Must b real excited these few days! Wheee

Very exciting but very tiring...

your friend is officially exhausted.

We slept the entire Sunday away hahahhhahahaha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry, I've been away for some time handling the other big event. It's already the 5th of November and we'll be officially moving into the house tomorrow morning. We've started the unpacking of the boxes from Round 1 of the move - my father has already utilized his contacts to get a lorry and 2 Bangladeshi workers on standby this Sunday so we'll move the rest of our possessions into the house by this Sunday. In the meantime, we'll be moving the essentials into the house first so that we can live in the house and still function normally.

Yesterday, we went into JB to shop for groceries and other home essentials - we filled up 2 entire shopping trolleys and spent over 800 Ringgit at Jusco alone. I can't bear to think how much we would have spent if we had shopped for the essentials here in Singapore instead.

a9fc.jpg

So many things have been going on since I was last in here that I don't know how to update *facepalm*

Basically, the major appliances have been installed and delivered last Thursday. After that, we've been doing what feels like non-stop unpacking and cleaning. Here's some random shots of the guys from Audio House doing their deliveries of the Microwave oven, washing machine and fridge last Thursday -

cuv2.jpg

Setting up the washing machine -

2t7c.jpg

Thankfully we didn't buy a larger fridge - if not, we wouldn't be able to fit the fridge into our miniscule kitchen and through the tiny kitchen opening -

d4pp.jpg

And the fridge is finally installed. I must say, it was a huge thrill to have cold drinks in the house once again hahahah

y1fw.jpg

Adhering to our FSM's instructions, we had to erect a huge partition at the staircase to prevent my hubby's wealth from leaking out the front door. When the timber partition finally went up (we used white laminates so that it ties in with the entire look of the place), I was initially quite upset. Over the past few weeks, I had grown used to the unblocked view and the airy-ness of the entire living room. Suddenly with the installation of the partition, the living room has been cut into half. I initially found it quite an eyesore - but thankfully after having seen it for several days now, I've finally gotten used to it.

Here's how the partition looked like immediately after erecting it in place -

ytjk.jpg

And here's how the partition looked like last Friday (it now looks slightly different again because I've placed the candlesticks that I bought from Bangkok on top of our 'partition desk' while unpacking last night and I think it looks better now) -

oraa.jpg

The stainless steel backsplash has also gone up in the kitchen -

76ep.jpg

The vanity top (and our basin + tap from Taobao) for the common toilet on the 2nd floor have all been installed as well -

37d7.jpg

And we have also set up the fun floor lamp that we got from Taobao for the recreation room. Working perfectly and quirky enough to keep us amused -

1kps.jpg

Even though we'll be officially moving into the house tomorrow, there's still so much to be done.

Tomorrow, the living room TV and the MBR TV will be delivered and installed, so we can finally have our SCV to watch over dinner tomorrow night. In addition, the wine chiller and the bar fridge (for the recreation room) will also be delivered tomorrow afternoon. But the hubby's favorite - the arcade machine - will be delivered tomorrow evening and I guess that's the one he's looking forward to the most of all.

Will try to take more photos to share! :thumbs up:

Lovely! Ur house look fab!

Thanks for the kind words Vi....

Now I need to try to do it up nicely with my chosen furniture and the decorative pieces that I've bought

Super heart ur kitchen! It will look cheficious with the wal decal

Really hope so

The decal guy is coming down this Sat to measure the wall properly because it's a tricky surface

Will get him to measure the arcade machine at the same time because the both of us wanna do a decal for the arcade machine if possible....

That white wash basin looks big, my eyes went big at the thickness and I was thinking how it be like if i were standing infront of it? (I'm on the petite side)

And we now have photos of the (almost) complete kitchen - still missing the stainless steel backsplash as well as the plumbing works -

Here's the right side of my kitchen (where the built in oven is and where the microwave oven will be shortly) -

8z7x.jpg

and here's the left side of the kitchen where the cooking and the washing up takes place!

3v76.jpg

The black quartz kitchen counter top is firmly in place and I'm loving the contrast.

My black and white kitchen has appeared! :thumbs up:

Love the white kitchen cabinets! May I know what type of laminate is that or what is the colour known as ? Glossy white laminate? Acrylic?

That white wash basin looks big, my eyes went big at the thickness and I was thinking how it be like if i were standing infront of it? (I'm on the petite side)

hahaah

hi bunbun!

It's actually not that bad. I'm quite petite myself and I havn't faced any problems using it as yet :thumbs up:

Love the white kitchen cabinets! May I know what type of laminate is that or what is the colour known as ? Glossy white laminate? Acrylic?

Thanks for the kind words, sherting!

That's actually a good question - I was provided with an entire book of samples to choose from and we picked the glossy white laminate. Can't remember what the actual name is.

if you'd like, I can double check with JT once again to see if he has a better answer than I do