Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oldskool

Blast From The Past

no prob van, they are actually not a light shop more of a hardware shop. I din check their T5 when I was there I got my T5 from 168 trading at jln besar.

for the one u showed I din see any similar but they do have some small ones which u might be interested in.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

no prob van, they are actually not a light shop more of a hardware shop. I din check their T5 when I was there I got my T5 from 168 trading at jln besar.

for the one u showed I din see any similar but they do have some small ones which u might be interested in.

Thank you so much...do you think you can PM me how much you paid for t5 at 168 trading? Plan to go purchase the stuff this weekend...emailing around for quotation now. :)

Thank you so much...do you think you can PM me how much you paid for t5 at 168 trading? Plan to go purchase the stuff this weekend...emailing around for quotation now. :)

PMed. if you end up going there look for kenny, i think his pretty honest and knowledgeable.

been away for a while as we had to rush to complete most of the reno prior to the furniture coming in over the weekend.

it was a mad rush, but good news is the furniture and electrical appliances are in! we vacuum and mop the entire place at least 3 times over but its still dusty with all the construction works going on. plus the fact that the flooring is cement screed, it doesnt help with the powdery effect. guess this cleaning process is gonna take a while as we take it as it comes.

i will let the pics do the talking!

we did a change to our entrance by having peranakan tiles to the area due to some issues with the leveling of the cement. we are growing to love it even though we were skeptical at first.

9640295843_06053391ef.jpg
entrance tiles

our 1960s danish coffee table.

9640296359_72af8a204a.jpg
coffee table plant

we got the orange and turquoise chairs for our study table, since the study table is not up we put them temporary in the living room and we like how they stand out against the cement flooring. contemplating leaving them there in the living for good :)

9640296243_d6e05de223.jpg
coffee with chairs

our 1960s sofa which we had been waiting for a long time to get it in the house finally having bought this some 3 months ago.

9640354817_36f2060fee.jpg
living day

shot of it in the evening

9640295755_520b208764.jpg
furniture night

Edited by oldskool

our fridge and washer arrive as well. it was a hectic day with deliveries from at least 6 different companies, but every time the phone rings the excitement goes up knowing another new item is arriving :)

here's the fridge with the kitchen 80% done. the mesh are not completed yet for the shelve above the fridge, and we have some touch up that needs to be done as well.

as much as we wanted to get a smeg fridge to complete the whole look and feel, and to go with the smeg oven and hob, the size vs usability vs PRICE, we just couldnt convince ourselves to get it. but everytime we go into unilite we w spend that extra few minutes admiring the smeg fridge haaha

9643532120_127313b6eb.jpg
kitchen fridge

our bosch washer from gab also arrive. the delivery uncle wins the award for being the most smiley, happy, friendly delivery uncle of the day award. :) he was really nice and spent time going through with us on the washer.

9643531840_2a8072c7e5.jpg
washer

we also got the nespresso up, and realised it came with a box of capsules that were abt to expire. better get on coffee rush soon to finish them.

9643532020_4df3d2164b.jpg
nespresso

one item we were abit worried about was the bed. whether the mattress will fit the bed correctly, and if the king size bed will be overwhelming since we are putting it in the common room that we hacked from the mbr. it turned out to be perfect, and gave us enough allowance to walk around and to open the drawers as well.
:good:

9640296613_92f0393998.jpg
bed

was a really tiring weekend with the washing and cleaning but seeing all the items coming in place gives us much satisfaction.

folks came over with dinner, and did their own 'art piece' on the chalkboard wall.

9643532472_49415e9e07.jpg
dining night

still quite a bit to do in terms of the final touch up for the reno, and also getting the place all together.

also plunge into our first taobao purchase thanks to greg, and waiting for the bar stools to arrive for the mosaic table.

:jammin:

Edited by oldskool

one item we were abit worried about was the bed. whether the mattress will fit the bed correctly, and if the king size bed will be overwhelming since we are putting it in the common room that we hacked from the mbr. it turned out to be perfect, and gave us enough allowance to walk around and to open the drawers as well.

bed

Hi oldskool,

The bed frame is really nice! So I can expect my mattress to fit too... I receive my mattress yesterday but the frame will only arrive next sat...

Proven that our calculation is right :)

Just realize your bed room floor tile is dirty white type (dont know what is the correct term for that) and it really complement the frame... My floor tile somewhat similar and my mother in law always say 为什么地板看起来很肮脏? :)

wow seriously old school haha the ventilation blocks. Cool but i guess comes of a price of cobwebs within the openings.

Anyway, won't putting ur WIW further away from the MBR toilet be a better solution. Common problem with these are moisture right? :)

Hi, i thought HDB rules prohibits the installation of ventilation fans? I would really to have one.

**** nice! :)

Nice nice!!!!

thanks mrswk & makan!

bed

Hi oldskool,

The bed frame is really nice! So I can expect my mattress to fit too... I receive my mattress yesterday but the frame will only arrive next sat...

Proven that our calculation is right :)

Just realize your bed room floor tile is dirty white type (dont know what is the correct term for that) and it really complement the frame... My floor tile somewhat similar and my mother in law always say 为什么地板看起来很肮脏? :)

hey mhb yea glad our calculation was right hahah. my laminate for the rooms are what i refer to them as 'battle worn' hahah. at least your MIL says it look dirty. for me, after the laminates were laid, my dad came over and said.."eh why your floor still hafent do yet?" :unsure: hahah

actually we found out the pros of having this kinda laminate while cleaning the place, you never know whether if its clean or dirty. so wth just leave it as it is. great excuse not to do housework hehe.

ichban!

I like the danish coffee table !

arigato!

Hi, i thought HDB rules prohibits the installation of ventilation fans? I would really to have one.

hey gryffindor, we din do the ventilation fans in the end as we felt with the window in the toilet open and with the louver toilet doors were sufficient. so i cant comment on whether if they are allowed :)