Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jessi

Our Home In The West

Budget around 3K for the 5.1 wall mount rear speaker. Looking at B&W MT-30 or Anthony Galieo round satalite speaker.

Just want to check anything else that others would like to get for a decent HT & hifi sound.

Thanks

Bro if u are looking for a decent hifi sound & HT, I suggest u take the floorstand spks since u have the space.

B&W MT-30 is good only for HT cos of their award wining sub but still consider pricing if I were you go for the floorstand since nw there have a new series of 600 model. Really a big diff comparing the satalite spk and floorstand spks cos I really regret getting my S602 instead of S603. :P:P:)

If you can wait, I think the International Sound Exhibition is coming these few months, maybe u can save ur bullets for that. :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks bro for the info. Agree with you too. I really like the floor standing speakers like 603 & GS20 but it just can't match with my TV console (long stretch type).

Guess will have to listen the new B&W 604 series when arrived here and ISE show.

Bro if u are looking for a decent hifi sound & HT, I suggest u take the floorstand spks since u have the space.

B&W MT-30 is good only for HT cos of their award wining sub but still consider pricing if I were you go for the floorstand since nw there have a new series of 600 model. Really a big diff comparing the satalite spk and floorstand spks cos I really regret getting my S602 instead of S603. :P:P:)

If you can wait, I think the International Sound Exhibition is coming these few months, maybe u can save ur bullets for that. :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks bro for the info. Agree with you too. I really like the floor standing speakers like 603 & GS20 but it just can't match with my TV console (long stretch type).

Guess will have to listen the new B&W 604 series when arrived here and ISE show.

I think we share the same prob, that time I brought my bookshelf spk also becos of the TV console which propose by my stupid ex-id frm R&R then worst still I had to even hide my sub somewhere inside the TV console. :sport-smiley-004:

Hai jus becos of the long stretch TV console we had to sacafice our floorstand spks :P

I think we share the same prob, that time I brought my bookshelf spk also becos of the TV console which propose by my stupid ex-id frm R&R then worst still I had to even hide my sub somewhere inside the TV console. :sport-smiley-004:

Hai jus becos of the long stretch TV console we had to sacafice our floorstand spks :P

2 speaker and 2 floor standing speakers

Speaker-at-living.jpg

Nice living room you got there ahnah :P . For you is ok as your couch is against a wall. Mine is in the middle of the living & dinning so no place to put standing rear speaker.

Most ID will against the isea of bulky speaker in the living room and prefer in a dedicated HT room. But where can most Singapore home afford a dedicated HT room :sport-smiley-004:

2 speaker and 2 floor standing speakers

Nice living room you got there ahnah :P . For you is ok as your couch is against a wall. Mine is in the middle of the living & dinning so no place to put standing rear speaker.

Most ID will against the isea of bulky speaker in the living room and prefer in a dedicated HT room. But where can most Singapore home afford a dedicated HT room :sport-smiley-004:

Go and scold your ID ... this is your house not their House ..or ShowRoom. .

Some more ... couch without wall behind is equal 没有靠山 !

It is true not many can afford a dedicated HT room ..

Thinking of changing my whole HT ....

Finally the internet is up!

Yay! TV signal up too but no tv and scv yet.

Very sad cos I wanted to sign up just now and then found out that the free LG Chocolate Mini HiFi is no longer on promo!

It ended on Sunday! Ahhhhh!! :sport-smiley-004::P:P

Anyway..promised some pix when the net is up.

So here it is..Our Dining Area.

Photos By Me. Ha. :)

dining01a.jpg

dining02a.jpg

Congrats .... GOOD SHOOTING Skill and Photoshop tricks. .

when free got time to help me take photo of my existing house har ?

Congrats .... GOOD SHOOTING Skill and Photoshop tricks. .

when free got time to help me take photo of my existing house har ?

Thanks. :P

Haha..what photoshop tricks? I dunno any tricks :sport-smiley-004:

Sure..just sponser us cab fare and dinner I help you take swee swee. Haha.

Nice shots lurgee. You are full time photographer? Which camera are you using...Canon?

Love the composition with the pink rose :good:

Anyway..promised some pix when the net is up.

So here it is..Our Dining Area.

Photos By Me. Ha.

Edited by lifestyle

Nice living room you got there ahnah :good: . For you is ok as your couch is against a wall. Mine is in the middle of the living & dinning so no place to put standing rear speaker.

Most ID will against the isea of bulky speaker in the living room and prefer in a dedicated HT room. But where can most Singapore home afford a dedicated HT room :bangwall:

U can try ceiling mount for ur surround spks, nt an issue for sofa in the middle. :notti:

Dedicated HT room, ask ur ID to sponsor lor with sound proof board and fully carpet the whole room. :good:

Go and scold your ID ... this is your house not their House ..or ShowRoom. .

Some more ... couch without wall behind is equal 没有靠山 !

It is true not many can afford a dedicated HT room ..

Thinking of changing my whole HT ....

Even got money also hard to have dedicated HT room in HDB cos ur downstair neighbour will suffer due to the sub.

Which do u prefer more movie or music? ;)

Har my sofa also in the middle, then how? :o

U can try ceiling mount for ur surround spks, nt an issue for sofa in the middle. :bangwall:

Dedicated HT room, ask ur ID to sponsor lor with sound proof board and fully carpet the whole room. :good:

Ceiling Mount also not good .. i tried last time .. u can't really heard the Rear Speaker sound ... best is at our Ear Level .

Even got money also hard to have dedicated HT room in HDB cos ur downstair neighbour will suffer due to the sub.

Which do u prefer more movie or music? :notti:

Har my sofa also in the middle, then how? :good:

I just blast the music last evening when I reach home ... heck care .. hope my next door can listen and benefit from the chanting music ...

50% music 50% movie..

If in the middle can't move .. never mind lah ... on top of the sofa. . got beam or not ?

Ceiling Mount also not good .. i tried last time .. u can't really heard the Rear Speaker sound ... best is at our Ear Level .

I just blast the music last evening when I reach home ... heck care .. hope my next door can listen and benefit from the chanting music ...

50% music 50% movie..

If in the middle can't move .. never mind lah ... on top of the sofa. . got beam or not ?

Idea is at ur ear level if u have the rear spk stand or else u can do carlibration for the rear spks thru ur amp and also depend on ur rear spk power too.

For me 60% music and 40% movie. Any idea which spks u are eyeing? :good:

Err... under my sofa got no beam. :bangwall:

Idea is at ur ear level if u have the rear spk stand or else u can do carlibration for the rear spks thru ur amp and also depend on ur rear spk power too.

For me 60% music and 40% movie. Any idea which spks u are eyeing? :bangwall:

Err... under my sofa got no beam. :notti:

I also duno how to do the carlibration because my ear is not train b4. ... anyhow do one .. :good:

All my existing speaker is JBL ...

New system. . I hope to have .. Denon AVR-2307 set .. wat do you think ? Speaker ... maybe... Infinity ? wat do you recommend ?

Not under your sofa .. is on top of your sofa ...

Edited by ahnah

Nice Amp the AVR-2807 for music. Maybe can look at 2807 for a few hundred more. Better still Marantz SR8001. These are the two i'm eyeing on :good:

What's your budget for Speakers?

New system. . I hope to have .. Denon AVR-2307 set .. wat do you think ? Speaker ... maybe... Infinity ? wat do you recommend ?