Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Good idea on the table. Think carpentry contractor can replicate one.

Edited by mmoh

Looks like HDB got rid of the bathroom 2-door layout for the 2-room flexi flats in the latest BTO. The bathroom door now opens up to the living/dining room and there's a corner for a shower.

• Like 1

Ok, guys and gals, you are cordially invited to view my empty and dusty 2-room unit. I am serious about empty and dusty hor.

Date: 21 Nov, Sat

Time: 10am (meeet at CCK MRT station) we can have breakfast at the coffee shop opposite before walking over to my unit

Venue: CCK Ave 1, Keat Hong Axis

Interested participant please PM me your contact details. I will create a whatsapp group. :D

Not going to visit can also pm me your contact number if you are interested to join our whatsapp group. :D

Edited by mmoh

Looks like HDB got rid of the bathroom 2-door layout for the 2-room flexi flats in the latest BTO. The bathroom door now opens up to the living/dining room and there's a corner for a shower.

It opens up the kitchen even more but eats up into the bathroom area quite considerably, halving it in fact. I'm on the fence on this one. Having more space allocate for a fridge and something else in that enclave equals to a much more roomier walkway in the kitchen but that compromises the bathroom.

I still love the two door versions. In a small unit such as ours, light and large openings are a necessity to visually enlarge the house. But these are of course IMO. :)

It opens up the kitchen even more but eats up into the bathroom area quite considerably, halving it in fact. I'm on the fence on this one. Having more space allocate for a fridge and something else in that enclave equals to a much more roomier walkway in the kitchen but that compromises the bathroom.

I still love the two door versions. In a small unit such as ours, light and large openings are a necessity to visually enlarge the house. But these are of course IMO. :)

I like the big bathroom actually, but I don't like the design of the bathroom in my project, where the two doors are directly opposite each other. :(

With the doors directly opposite each other, it is very difficult to carve a little corner for the shower cubicle.. And it would be ridiculous to do what the HDB intends us to do, to put the shower cubicle in the middle of the bathroom, or jus have a shower in the middle, and wet everything along the way.

I wouldn't mind the 2 doors design as well even if they're directly opp each other. Life would have been perfect for me if the toilet bowl wasn't in the middle of the bathroom. :(

2 roomers Outing 1 :good:

Date: 21 Nov 2015, Sat

Time: 10am at CCK MRT station

Itinerary: meet, breakfast, view empty & dusty unit, give suggestions, take measurements

interested participants pls pm me your contact number.

Not joining but wants to participate in our noisy whatsapp group are welcome to pm me too. :deal:

Confirmed attendees:

1. mmoh
  2. coolbunny
  3. msbunny
  4. bunniboi
  5. wild ginger
  6. sendski

Other whatsapp member not able to attend this outing:

1. paulinepoh

Yup, so, join us for the fun and discussion and future outings! :dancingqueen:

I so wanted to go, but I can't... :(

You peeps have fun and take loads of photos!

If possible, can take loads of photos of the toilet? Layout wise, this is the one most difficult to visualise. I need as many photos as possible, in all angles, front, back, sideways... every way!

I'd be following all the progress with excitement and envy!

2 roomers Outing 1 :good:

Date: 21 Nov 2015, Sat

Time: 10am at CCK MRT station

Itinerary: meet, breakfast, view empty & dusty unit, give suggestions, take measurements

interested participants pls pm me your contact number.

Not joining but wants to participate in our noisy whatsapp group are welcome to pm me too. :deal:

Confirmed attendees:

1. mmoh
  2. coolbunny
  3. msbunny
  4. bunniboi
  5. wild ginger
  6. sendski

Other whatsapp member not able to attend this outing:

1. paulinepoh

Yup, so, join us for the fun and discussion and future outings! :dancingqueen:

Hello, my house is just 10 minutes away from yours and you are invited to visit my almost completed 2 room BTO to make this event more interesting. As I am working and couldn't be there, my wife agreed to be the host. She said she will join you at CCK then view empty unit then can proceed to my house for those interested. You can read about my renovation at my tblog. Feel free to take photo and hope this visit is fruitful for your renovation journey. coolbunny please contact my wife for the meeting at CCK.