Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

I dont know whether those who yet change the hinges can ask the hdb to change for us, tell the officers that the metal gate easily come out??

Ask them to change it foc?

I feedback to HDB about the hinges, I have requested HDb to change the hinges for us, have no reply yet.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear neighbours,

My ID has finished painting my whole house...after 2-3 layers...but I find the painting a bit uneven...he said no choice cos the wall is uneven....:P

So, do you all have this problem? Or only me? Or only my ID is "cat"....never do the evenness for me...cos it is chargable....

Regards.

Hi alpha,

Mine also got this problem.. and my ID also said the same thing..

Whether believe or not.. also cant do anything :dancingqueen:

yup u r right..

the main wealth location cannot place clock or water items

not sure abt the pian cai location,but i was told to place 5elements paintings with 3*$10notes behind the painting

I wasnt told about the wealth location cannot place clor or water items.

My FSM told me only has main wealth location.

The pian cai location is also the main wealth location.

I was also told that not all house has wealth location.

Wonder which FSM is the correct one.

Hi alpha,

Mine also got this problem.. and my ID also said the same thing..

Whether believe or not.. also cant do anything :sport-smiley-018:

Hi, simpleboi & xlan,

Thanks for confirming that....I thought something wrong with my flat or id...it seems it is a common problem.

Actually, my id told me can do even or smoothing the wall...so that the unevenless is reduced. but cos he has already painted the whole house..too late to do it now....cos if I paid him to do the even/smoothing the wall now, I have to pay again for the painting of house...I dun want to pay so much..so let it go lor..

But I said him lor..how come dun early early advise me..so that I can ask him to do the even/smoothing before the painting of the whole house started? so that i dun have to pay another $$$ to paint the house again...*hiak*...

You all get want I mean hor? (sorry for the bad english) :sport-smiley-018:

Regards.

Edited by alpha2001

Hi, simpleboi & xlan,

Thanks for confirming that....I thought something wrong with my flat or id...it seems it is a common problem.

Actually, my id told me can do even or smoothing the wall...so that the unevenless is reduced. but cos he has already painted the whole house..too late to do it now....cos if I paid him to do the even/smoothing the wall now, I have to pay again for the painting of house...I dun want to pay so much..so let it go lor..

But I said him lor..how come dun early early advise me..so that I can ask him to do the even/smoothing before the painting of the whole house started? so that i dun have to pay another $$$ to paint the house again...*hiak*...

You all get want I mean hor? (sorry for the bad english) :sport-smiley-018:

Regards.

actually, before painting work, should "sand off" the uneven of the wall first.

hope it helps

actually, before painting work, should "sand off" the uneven of the wall first.

hope it helps

My false wall has this unevenness( or lines) when compared with the real wall side by side too. Hubby says no choice because different material used.

As for the real wall, I heard that painting 2 coat of sealer before the paint may actually help to smooth the wall first. My wall is a bit ugly too. " I should consult my friends in advance. "

Wow.. so many housewarming keke.. that's great.. looking forward to urs again :dancingqueen:

Hi Simpleboi, Zila & purplesky,

Wow. Let's meet for potluck dinner. I will open a topic shortly.

Edited by Cindy-Monkeybone

wahahaha.. cindy.. saw n reply on your potluck dinner thread le! 67.gif

oops.. now then i read there were only 3 names.. 9.gif ... haha.. i'm the shameless 1 ans w/o any invitation.. :)

My false wall has this unevenness( or lines) when compared with the real wall side by side too. Hubby says no choice because different material used.

As for the real wall, I heard that painting 2 coat of sealer before the paint may actually help to smooth the wall first. My wall is a bit ugly too. " I should consult my friends in advance. "

cindy,

really... my contractor also said will paint only 2 coat... but hubby will get them to "sand off" before painting.

am i invited?

wahahaha.. cindy.. saw n reply on your potluck dinner thread le! 67.gif

oops.. now then i read there were only 3 names.. 9.gif ... haha.. i'm the shameless 1 ans w/o any invitation.. :)

xlan,

it's okay. i also asked cindy if i can be invited... haha

Hey what's up?

Can I join also?

Sorry lah, must thick skin liao!

Yo! Xlan & Nemo

Dun be pai seh. Feel free to join in the fun ! I am just the doing the coordination.

Yo! Xlan & Nemo

Dun be pai seh. Feel free to join in the fun ! I am just the doing the coordination.

I oso wanna join too, but pai seh.. cos have not met any of the new neighbours yet.

Mmm.. Maybe this is a gd opportunity

Hi All,

I went to check the HDB website just now and the HLE status have finally changed to processed and approved ! Can anyone advise roughly when will the keys collection date be ? Will it be very long ? Me very busy with work recently...did not check out the IDs that some of you have recommended...Now worry that it will be abit late..... :dribble:

thanks !

I oso wanna join too, but pai seh.. cos have not met any of the new neighbours yet.

Mmm.. Maybe this is a gd opportunity

Can we join too..=P :P

ermm.. if i am not wrong, sealer is for better adhesion purpose.. i.e for the coat of paint to hold better to the plaster wall.. but normally internal wall they dun apply sealer.. mostly for external wall expose to weathering.. :lol:

Ya Great! Looking forward to meeting all of u too! Hopefully once the date's been set, i'll be available on the date. Do keep me inform. Thanks!

Yup prodigic, do let us know the uncle's contact number once u have it.

thanks

Hi All,

Chatted with my neighbour just now and she said that the uncle was walking around the corridor tat time and he came up to my neighbour and asked if she wanna do up her bolts. So she doesnt have his contact and all. Maybe if u see the uncle around and quote more than $14 per bolt (I think our gate has 9 bolts total), bargain with him..

So sorry guys. :dancingqueen: