Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi Neighbours,

Problem is he says they are the same thing/quality. The first quote of $1.4k+ is the better quality one, then change to the $1.2k+ ones are the same quality as the other fellow's quote of $750. If fact almost all the items he quoted us are more ex than the other id (from same company). For the rest of the items, he said he charged more is bcoz he will give more better design n the service he provide! Cabinets can say is his better design/quality/service. But things like window grilles, how to justified? Actually, we clicked better w this id. And it's by chance that we happen to get another quote from another id from the same co, it's long story, but we really didn't purposely double check by going to the same co again. Now after realise his price all marked up, & we told him, but he's not willing to match the other quote, but just give a bit more discount off the total. Sign, dont know whether we should proceed w him or not. :unsure: 1 thing is cant get pass ourselves, when we know we are paying more by engaging him (even though it's from the same co, so basically, it will be same materials/same batch of workers & etc) Another thing is worry that now that he knew we had gotten ourselves another quote from his same company, he seems abit unhappy, and so wonder will he still be willing to do his best for us or not. But as we do click w him, so abit of headache. And also dont wanna to waste any more time/effort to look for other new ids. Headache man, not sure what to do now. :bangwall:

Hey purplesky,

- pardon mi kpo.

- frm ur post, i find dat there is oleady some discomfort between u & e ID although u said there is 'clicking'.

- different ID frm e same co doesnt mean e price of reno wil b e same. It goes back 2 how much e ID wana earn frm e potential client.

- there is e base cost price frm sub-con & supplier, then ID wld mark-up e price at least 20%.

- depends on e ID 2 determine dis 'designer fees'.

- yes, window grilles there r different grades & different pricing.

- currently, e standard bronze anodized alum window grilles is abt $5.60 psf.

- thicker rod (double e mm) gota add abt $0.80 = $6.40 psf.

- more complicated design, eg. 2 horizontal bracing with 1 vertical bracing is consider abt $6.40 psf

- casement window grilles is consider abt $6.40 psf.

- u oleady noe where ur heart lies, no pt stick 2 e 'click'.

- s wat h4happy suggest, move-on & source more quotes.

- fyi, basic reno -> homo flooring whole unit, kit cabinet & 1 no. wardrobe & other misc, by ID co is abt $15k excludes lightings, elect appliances & furnitures.

- more wardrodes or carpentry such s feature wall & console, add-on frm there.

:yamseng:

Edited by jaCKY777

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi PURPLE

It may drain you by visiting several id/contractors, but it will help you to gain more exposure.

1) Have a final itemised of what you want. Means all quotations with the final item and not new items here and there. Hard to compare.

2) Ask for per square feet cost. It will help you alot by comparison.

3) Ask to bring you to see showflats, at least 2 or more.

Dear neighbrs,

Did you receive a pamphlet from Starhub regarding the activation of the TV points? I thought it has already been activated? There was no one around when they came over to my place last week. Any difference after activating? Actually i rather they switch back to the antenna, then can watch malaysian channels...more choices! :dunno:

Hi PURPLE

It may drain you by visiting several id/contractors, but it will help you to gain more exposure.

1) Have a final itemised of what you want. Means all quotations with the final item and not new items here and there. Hard to compare.

2) Ask for per square feet cost. It will help you alot by comparison.

3) Ask to bring you to see showflats, at least 2 or more.

Hi Happy bro,

Next year's CNY in Jan wor. Collect keys on 3 Oct, so left w 3mths + only. :dunno: Sign, hopefully got x to source around for others, though is abit sian already to look around. :(

Hi PurpleSky,

Take my ID. He is very good.

I did not read your story whole but gather that you have having a headache.

Dont ever quarrel with ID. Everything must be spelled cool and nice.

I went to my ID cos he gave me lots of promises. In the end, he really fullfilled them.

Really pro. My reno was completed in Apr08. I asked him back in May when my platform

has creaking sound. He offered to come back and fix my door when my house was burgled

in June. He came back recently when I mentioned that my Blum drawers are not smooth.

He came back all these time, no questions asked, cos he said Reno still under warranty for 1 year.

He also change the Hydraulic of all my studies Flip display, all 6 of them 2 weeks ago.

And his price is really a bargain when we made some comparison.

Can come to my house and see see if you wan.

A point to note is Reno price went thru the roof recently.

Good luck. My dont reply usually and had stop coming to here.

Was here because I am monitoring the US market. Ha.

Good Luck. Hope everything is fine for you.

Oh man! Thought this was a private mail!

Edited by Vacis

Hi Happy bro,

Next year's CNY in Jan wor. Collect keys on 3 Oct, so left w 3mths + only. :dunno: Sign, hopefully got x to source around for others, though is abit sian already to look around. :(

Actually alot of ID's nowadays also quite "Chin Chai", can click cos they are the younger ones....like what the other neighbours suggest, think its a good idea to look around somemore, you still have time.

I recon that different IDs from the same Co. charges slightly differently for their works, but if its to an extend that the difference in price is too high, then I feel that ur ID is not being very honest leh. Why is he charging such a high premium for his design??

Normally IDs would also bring you to select lights and other accessories, they will normally earn a commission from these purchases as well....so if u are sticking with this ID, please remember to do ur homework before u commit to ur purchases.

Have fun with ur reno. Enjoy the process though its going to be tough..:)

Dear neighbrs,

Did you receive a pamphlet from Starhub regarding the activation of the TV points? I thought it has already been activated? There was no one around when they came over to my place last week. Any difference after activating? Actually i rather they switch back to the antenna, then can watch malaysian channels...more choices! :dunno:

well, if u dun intent to subscribe to starhub cable, dun have to do this activation, IMO. otherwise, if u takin cable, this is a SOP u need to do. this time round they come on their own accord so it's free. if u ask them to specially come to ur place to activate, they'll charge u.

i find the reception a bit poorer but still acceptable. plus we NEED cable cos of BPL. :notti:

well, if u dun intent to subscribe to starhub cable, dun have to do this activation, IMO. otherwise, if u takin cable, this is a SOP u need to do. this time round they come on their own accord so it's free. if u ask them to specially come to ur place to activate, they'll charge u.

i find the reception a bit poorer but still acceptable. plus we NEED cable cos of BPL. :notti:

Actually when starhub wanna activate the signals, we can ask them come earlier one.

cos the date the give is usually weekdays and no one at home. So can call them and ask for and ealier date where someone is at home to our convience.

Dun need to pay! cos in that brochure they state that when we change to a later date, then they charge, nv say change ealier they got charge. I did it this way lah , and argue with them, then they din charge me and come on a weekend to activate the signals.

Hopefully you guys can make them change and dun charge you all.

I did not activate.

And I did not have any scv.

So I can still enjoy free RTM 2.

In fact, some of the show in rtm2 is good too!

Anyway, no time to watch scv...so save money lah.

Actually when starhub wanna activate the signals, we can ask them come earlier one.

cos the date the give is usually weekdays and no one at home. So can call them and ask for and ealier date where someone is at home to our convience.

Dun need to pay! cos in that brochure they state that when we change to a later date, then they charge, nv say change ealier they got charge. I did it this way lah , and argue with them, then they din charge me and come on a weekend to activate the signals.

My 4 room is about $800+ and 5 room is about $700+.

Inclusive of living room, 3 bedroom, kitchen, 2 toilets and air con wondow.

Normal grill. And you wont fall down when the grill is lock, that's for sure!

Hi Neighbours,

How much did u paid for the windows grilles? :)

Edited by h4happy

I just got my toilet basin fixed. the leveler behind the tap, are suppose to ease the open and close of the drainage. the leveler spolit. So got it replaced yesterday. like Simplebio called HDB and they assigned and get it done. my take longer than Simplebio tap problem. it seem my issue need a subcontractor to do it, I take 1 week waiting time to get someone down to do it...

As for Purple, I can tell u the cost of renovation your home should be more expensive than any of us at earlier birds at Jalan Membina as the price of concrete. sand, renovation materials have increase significantly if not sky rock yet..

Like all said, u need to check and compare before u decided on the ID or Contractor.. I never got ID for my home. just a contractor ... So u need to have some idea of what u want for your home, contractor just build not design your home.. It really depend on budget.. I bought most of the furniture of the shelves as it is cheaper than customize make...

I just got my toilet basin fixed. the leveler behind the tap, are suppose to ease the open and close of the drainage. the leveler spolit. So got it replaced yesterday. like Simplebio called HDB and they assigned and get it done. my take longer than Simplebio tap problem. it seem my issue need a subcontractor to do it, I take 1 week waiting time to get someone down to do it...

As for Purple, I can tell u the cost of renovation your home should be more expensive than any of us at earlier birds at Jalan Membina as the price of concrete. sand, renovation materials have increase significantly if not sky rock yet..

Like all said, u need to check and compare before u decided on the ID or Contractor.. I never got ID for my home. just a contractor ... So u need to have some idea of what u want for your home, contractor just build not design your home.. It really depend on budget.. I bought most of the furniture of the shelves as it is cheaper than customize make...

wah...ur argument power is :good:

me guai guai stay @ hm tat day to wait for them. 5pm then turn up lor...... 8|

Hey purplesky,

- pardon mi kpo.

- frm ur post, i find dat there is oleady some discomfort between u & e ID although u said there is 'clicking'.

- different ID frm e same co doesnt mean e price of reno wil b e same. It goes back 2 how much e ID wana earn frm e potential client.

- there is e base cost price frm sub-con & supplier, then ID wld mark-up e price at least 20%.

- depends on e ID 2 determine dis 'designer fees'.

- yes, window grilles there r different grades & different pricing.

- currently, e standard bronze anodized alum window grilles is abt $5.60 psf.

- thicker rod (double e mm) gota add abt $0.80 = $6.40 psf.

- more complicated design, eg. 2 horizontal bracing with 1 vertical bracing is consider abt $6.40 psf

- casement window grilles is consider abt $6.40 psf.

- u oleady noe where ur heart lies, no pt stick 2 e 'click'.

- s wat h4happy suggest, move-on & source more quotes.

- fyi, basic reno -> homo flooring whole unit, kit cabinet & 1 no. wardrobe & other misc, by ID co is abt $15k excludes lightings, elect appliances & furnitures.

- more wardrodes or carpentry such s feature wall & console, add-on frm there.

Hi Jacky,

No problem @ all! I'm most welcome to any advices around here. :sport-smiley-004: Yah, can click w this id, but just cant get pass the fact that he’s charging us more, & also worry if really engage him now, he might not be doing his best for us, as he knew now that we know abt his higher price. Yap, think the mark up price is the extra commissions bah. If budget is not a concern, then not a problem to engage him lah, but when it is, then really cant justify already.

As for the window grills, is the standard bronze anodized alum one. Charging us $7 psf. (more than 20% more? ) :(

Hi PurpleSky,

Take my ID. He is very good.

I did not read your story whole but gather that you have having a headache.

Dont ever quarrel with ID. Everything must be spelled cool and nice.

I went to my ID cos he gave me lots of promises. In the end, he really fullfilled them.

Really pro. My reno was completed in Apr08. I asked him back in May when my platform

has creaking sound. He offered to come back and fix my door when my house was burgled

in June. He came back recently when I mentioned that my Blum drawers are not smooth.

He came back all these time, no questions asked, cos he said Reno still under warranty for 1 year.

He also change the Hydraulic of all my studies Flip display, all 6 of them 2 weeks ago.

And his price is really a bargain when we made some comparison.

Can come to my house and see see if you wan.

A point to note is Reno price went thru the roof recently.

Good luck. My dont reply usually and had stop coming to here.

Was here because I am monitoring the US market. Ha.

Good Luck. Hope everything is fine for you.

Oh man! Thought this was a private mail!

Hi Vacis,

Thanks, will send u a pm for yr id’s contacts. Seems yr id is very responsible & nice. :good: Might call him up if the time permits. Thanks. :yamseng:

My 4 room is about $800+ and 5 room is about $700+.

Inclusive of living room, 3 bedroom, kitchen, 2 toilets and air con wondow.

Normal grill. And you wont fall down when the grill is lock, that's for sure!

Hi Happy,

Thanks for sharing! Guess it should be more or less around the this range then. ;)

Edited by purplesky

Actually alot of ID's nowadays also quite "Chin Chai", can click cos they are the younger ones....like what the other neighbours suggest, think its a good idea to look around somemore, you still have time.

I recon that different IDs from the same Co. charges slightly differently for their works, but if its to an extend that the difference in price is too high, then I feel that ur ID is not being very honest leh. Why is he charging such a high premium for his design??

Normally IDs would also bring you to select lights and other accessories, they will normally earn a commission from these purchases as well....so if u are sticking with this ID, please remember to do ur homework before u commit to ur purchases.

Have fun with ur reno. Enjoy the process though its going to be tough..:)

Hi VitC,

Thanks for sharing yr thoughts too. Yap, quite right. More easy to click w younger ids. Well, i also hope that we will have enough time to look around some more too. :unsure: Thanks. :)

Hi VitC,

Thanks for sharing yr thoughts too. Yap, quite right. More easy to click w younger ids. Well, i also hope that we will have enough time to look around some more too. :unsure: Thanks. :)

Hi Purple,

Tried to PM you yesterday but your box is full.

:)

Hi Jacky,

No problem @ all! I'm most welcome to any advices around here. :sport-smiley-004: Yah, can click w this id, but just cant get pass the fact that he’s charging us more, & also worry if really engage him now, he might not be doing his best for us, as he knew now that we know abt his higher price. Yap, think the mark up price is the extra commissions bah. If budget is not a concern, then not a problem to engage him lah, but when it is, then really cant justify already.

As for the window grills, is the standard bronze anodized alum one. Charging us $7 psf. (more than 20% more? ) :(

- i think ur worries r wrong.

- if u ngage him at end of e day, wen his quote is much higher than his colleague he shd provide u better design proposal & services.

- he shd b e 1 woryin, not u.

- 1 thing i find beli important in reno a dream hm, is communication.

- dun assume, watever doubts & queries in ur mind gota raise out.

- saying is free. whereas lack of communication & understanding wil leads 2 unhappiness & most importantly more $$$. If not agreeable by both sides, gota say til both sides agree than proceed.

- dun b paisei. Tel dat ID straight dat u oleady noe his quote is higher than his colleague but u stil ngage him.

- 'i dun xpect e materials u use is made of gold or diamond. All r standard materials which r widely use by e reno industry'.

- 'can u gif mi assurance dat u wil provide a better design proposal, coordination & management service 2 prove dat u r worth e xtra $$$ than ur colleague who's quote is lower?'

- if he say canot, u'l noe wat 2 do liao.

- if he say no probm, he'l do his best. Then u'l hav a more peaceful mind liao.

Conclusion:

- dun b paisei, dun take-in 2 much ID's empty promise b4 signing of contract.

- after signing, stil gota observe & monitor b4 paying blindly.

- 1 shd get equal or more than wat he pays, not lesser.

- e above r my personal views, its up 2 u 2 obsorb anot.

Hello Neighbours..me reporting in...

Can anyone share the est. cost to do up the curtains @ our place? 1 living, 3 bedrooms

Am sourcing for a vendor to do... seems like no SGD1K, cannot do!

:dunno: