Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

You may take a lookat applfreak blog.

I intend to do only sink and stove concrete support.

Not whole area (very expensive lah).

Though it might not look siew, but it is durable and strong lasting for years to come.

You intend to have concrete also?

yes, after discussion with hubby.

was either just sink support OR/ AND stove support, rest will be carpenty, cos' we have oven.

but, the space will constraint liao.

heard gadgetgal also did concrete, now waiting for her reply.

Paging gadgetgal... yo yo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi NEM

Just remember.

Please look at REDBOTTLE blog, one of his pic is concrete support. I think is whole concrete support.

Hope it will help you.

BTW, kpo abit, how much your id charge you for concrete support? Pfr??

yes, after discussion with hubby.

was either just sink support OR/ AND stove support, rest will be carpenty, cos' we have oven.

but, the space will constraint liao.

heard gadgetgal also did concrete, now waiting for her reply.

Paging gadgetgal... yo yo

Edited by h4happy

yap. this is my original intention..although its abit obaing looking BUT it was disapproved by my hubby ..... :D

You may take a lookat applfreak blog.

I intend to do only sink and stove concrete support.

Not whole area (very expensive lah).

Though it might not look siew, but it is durable and strong lasting for years to come.

You intend to have concrete also?

binzz, where u get ur wall paper? i am going to it get it also if the cost is right.

can share ur contacts with me? many thanks! :)

Ya, we go to the wallpaper supplier recommended by ID.. The cost depends on what material and type of wallpaper you are choosing.. So its difficult to compare the costs also..

Thoug cabinet is also strong, but scare that if id use poor quality of wood for cabinet, then chialet liao. Over years, the wood will turn soft and might have ants.

I seem somewhere over here that one forumer got problem with cabinet (without concrete support), the water actually seep into the cabinet and now, his cabinet gonna give very soon. The plywood around the sink area pop out.

Anyway, it depends on your id carpenter and the materials your id use.

If good type of wood and good carpentry skills, your canbinet (without concrete) will also last for many many years.

So, whether one to gamble or play safe is up to individual lah.

yap. this is my original intention..although its abit obaing looking BUT it was disapproved by my hubby ..... :D

binzz, where u get ur wall paper? i am going to it get it also if the cost is right.

can share ur contacts with me? many thanks! :)

Hi NEM

Just remember.

Please look at REDBOTTLE blog, one of his pic is concrete support. I think is whole concrete support.

Hope it will help you.

BTW, kpo abit, how much your id charge you for concrete support? Pfr??

we hvn't decide yet. but just concrete support for sink is $850. exp?

Thoug cabinet is also strong, but scare that if id use poor quality of wood for cabinet, then chialet liao. Over years, the wood will turn soft and might have ants.

I seem somewhere over here that one forumer got problem with cabinet (without concrete support), the water actually seep into the cabinet and now, his cabinet gonna give very soon. The plywood around the sink area pop out.

Anyway, it depends on your id carpenter and the materials your id use.

If good type of wood and good carpentry skills, your canbinet (without concrete) will also last for many many years.

So, whether one to gamble or play safe is up to individual lah.

:bangwall: how true if using just carpenty wood for sink support. but was suggested by 1 of the contractor. esp when washing plates/ veg, sure will splash out.

it all depends on individual likes/ prefers.

just wanna see some pix for those who did, just wanna know if there'll be any space constraint cos' afterall kitchen is so small.

Hi SPA

I think option 3 and 4 are the best.

Option 1 might spoilt your clothing fast.

Gues not much option considering the kitchen area is too small.

And if you willing to spend a little bit more, buy lots of hanger.

Once wash, hang the cloths near the kitchen window or at the toilet.

HAPPY

Ya heard will spoil clothes faster too with dryer. Really not much options to choose and there is a chance of smelly clothes for hanging as no sunlight to hang dry :bangwall:

Ya, we go to the wallpaper supplier recommended by ID.. The cost depends on what material and type of wallpaper you are choosing.. So its difficult to compare the costs also..

Oh..thanks...so which area in your house that you are doing wallpaper?

THank you and Regards.

Hello sparey

I’ve been using dryers and Happy is rite; dryer or washer cum dryer tends to damage clothes a little faster. Be prepared to pay more for mthly power bill; abt $30 extra based on 3 loads to dry weekly.

For opt 1, be prepared to call for servicing more than usual. Note, the capacity for washing & drying are different for 2 in 1; either to unload to drying capacity or not to fully load washing capacity…..:deal:

Bobo

Guess really have to opt out option 1 and 2. Thanks happy and bobo_girl for your valuable advise :bangwall:

Oh..thanks...so which area in your house that you are doing wallpaper?

THank you and Regards.

Hi alpha,

I am doing for the whole of my mbr and one wall for my study.. :yamseng:

Hi alpha,

I am doing for the whole of my mbr and one wall for my study.. :P

WOW..this is a lot...must be exp. Your ID not bad...recommend you to the reseller. should be cheaper...

My id asked me to do one wall for the living room since I dun want to install mirror...it will cost me $800+...so exp for such a small area (cos minus off tv console area)...still thinking if I want to do...the reason that pull me back is the maintainabilty...worried about humililty..worry that the wallpaper will turn mouldy...

still thinking... :dunno:

Edited by alpha2001

we hvn't decide yet. but just concrete support for sink is $850. exp?

:dunno: how true if using just carpenty wood for sink support. but was suggested by 1 of the contractor. esp when washing plates/ veg, sure will splash out.

it all depends on individual likes/ prefers.

just wanna see some pix for those who did, just wanna know if there'll be any space constraint cos' afterall kitchen is so small.

I wonder if concrete support sink is approved by HDB since concrete is heavy?

what sofa did you buy??we also bought from st louis..

Hi Elaine,

You bought your sofa there? How u find the service? I bought a L-Shape sofa. U got pic to show? We have not decide on the measurement and colour. Will have to get back to the saleperson again.

My kitchen top will be up by tomorrow, kitchen backsplash thur or fri, sat is handover.. :)

I also want to see yours.. 8| Suddenly remember i never meet u and your wife before.. :dunno:

Our wallpaper is up just now.. :wub: Will be going down tonight, but don't think will be able to meet up with u guys tonight cos meeting my insurance agent at my house to buy home insurance.. :notti:

Will pm me your hp no. leh, i will sms u when i go down at a decent hour to open house.. :P

Hi Binzz,

Can i take a look your hse too? will pm you my number. thx

WOW..this is a lot...must be exp. Your ID not bad...recommend you to the reseller. should be cheaper...

My id asked me to do one wall for the living room since I dun want to install mirror...it will cost me $800+...so exp for such a small area (cos minus off tv console area)...still thinking if I want to do...the reason that pull me back is the maintainabilty...worried about humililty..worry that the wallpaper will turn mouldy...

still thinking... 8|

My one wall also cost me $800, please dun ask me about the cost of my whole room.. :wub:

But its really really nice :dunno:.. The before and after difference is significiant if u choose the correct wall paper.. :notti: I abit regret the one i chose for my mbr.. Dunno how to say.. :P

i bought a dining table+chairs at I-furniture for $1300..previously was quoted $1400+ at IMM.

that time placed a $50deposit for that same dining set in Oct 07. Then got refund back cos we thought of shopping more then decide. Make a big hassle to collect the $50 deposit back

now got back the same dining table+chairs. what a merry go round keke!!

My Sealy mattress i bought 2 weeks ago at $2699. At expo, its selling at $2522. the same bedhead and mattress!! i need to do something abt this already keke.

hmmm..conclusion, true leh, the price at expo was slashed alot for the furniture

one bad encounter..me and my wife likes this sofa so much at "Sentat Trading (S) Pte Ltd". Its actually a 3seated sofa+1seated+1seated sofa (the 1seated sofa is like a rocking sofa, so elegant and nice). We are really keen at buying it, but the salesman is so pushy that makes me feel turn off. he keeps saying that they waived off gst transport blah blah blah. i shouted back that "dont tell me abt gst and transport leh, its not relevant at all, most companies nowadays absorbed these off for customer already". then after that me and my wife was discussing seriously abt buying it, and that 2 salesperson keeps "weng weng weng"-*buzzing* at us, so irritated. i decided to tell them i think abt it, asked them for their address and name cos i really shortlisted this sofa, i may go back to buy at their main showroom. Then the salesperson told me off that "$1300 i also cant afford now, if next time i go to their warehouse, the cost will be $2000+ already". he also say that i buy things even worst than auntie. so undecisive. While we are walking away, he continued to say that "aiya we cant afford to buy this sofa la" .. ( i was telling my wife, we dont buy is becos of the salesperson leh. anyway not shortlisting that sofa liao. go other shop to buy next week )

what a day..lol

Hi Yang Guo,

OMG! That's not very professional of the salesman at all. Their Boss should have fire them. Should 'Attitude' worker will only bring bad image for the company.