Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

I went down to my unit y'day. Saw the screeding they did for me...Seems too high high to lay the lamianted flooring cos the door n the screeding like only haf a very small gap. That time I told my ID to go down to mark the level for the HDB guys doing screeding. He can have the cheek to tell me that he told them the level over the phone w/o gng down to the site to check!! Imagine I need to tell him wat to do, n not getting advised from him instead. Now i wanna see how he gng to settle it. Think he have to trim off my door. !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i thought of going to expo to see the furniture..cos most of the funiture company is all gathered at expo, hope to get some idea on what kind of furniture suits my hse

Hi Yang Guo,

I went down to the expi ytd cos my fren's church wedding happened to be at that area. First thought when we reach there is not to get anything. End up we bought a sofa with St. Louis... Haha... Hope the money is well spent.

Hope that you bought something at a good price there as well.

Cheers :dancingqueen:

Hi Yang Guo,

I went down to the expi ytd cos my fren's church wedding happened to be at that area. First thought when we reach there is not to get anything. End up we bought a sofa with St. Louis... Haha... Hope the money is well spent.

Cheers :deal:

what sofa did you buy??we also bought from st louis..

I went down to my unit y'day. Saw the screeding they did for me...Seems too high high to lay the lamianted flooring cos the door n the screeding like only haf a very small gap. That time I told my ID to go down to mark the level for the HDB guys doing screeding. He can have the cheek to tell me that he told them the level over the phone w/o gng down to the site to check!! Imagine I need to tell him wat to do, n not getting advised from him instead. Now i wanna see how he gng to settle it. Think he have to trim off my door. :lol:

yours completed liao, mine not yet, only sand/cement inside. :deal:

can i ask when u submitted your application, i did mine on the 14/12/2007.

For blk25b neighbours...

My friend called up the hdb officer and was told in about 2 to 3 weeks time, we will get final letter. Means around Feb to Mar 08 liao.

Hi Yang Guo,

Cheers :)

i bought a dining table+chairs at I-furniture for $1300..previously was quoted $1400+ at IMM.

that time placed a $50deposit for that same dining set in Oct 07. Then got refund back cos we thought of shopping more then decide. Make a big hassle to collect the $50 deposit back

now got back the same dining table+chairs. what a merry go round keke!!

My Sealy mattress i bought 2 weeks ago at $2699. At expo, its selling at $2522. the same bedhead and mattress!! i need to do something abt this already keke.

hmmm..conclusion, true leh, the price at expo was slashed alot for the furniture

one bad encounter..me and my wife likes this sofa so much at "Sentat Trading (S) Pte Ltd". Its actually a 3seated sofa+1seated+1seated sofa (the 1seated sofa is like a rocking sofa, so elegant and nice). We are really keen at buying it, but the salesman is so pushy that makes me feel turn off. he keeps saying that they waived off gst transport blah blah blah. i shouted back that "dont tell me abt gst and transport leh, its not relevant at all, most companies nowadays absorbed these off for customer already". then after that me and my wife was discussing seriously abt buying it, and that 2 salesperson keeps "weng weng weng"-*buzzing* at us, so irritated. i decided to tell them i think abt it, asked them for their address and name cos i really shortlisted this sofa, i may go back to buy at their main showroom. Then the salesperson told me off that "$1300 i also cant afford now, if next time i go to their warehouse, the cost will be $2000+ already". he also say that i buy things even worst than auntie. so undecisive. While we are walking away, he continued to say that "aiya we cant afford to buy this sofa la" .. ( i was telling my wife, we dont buy is becos of the salesperson leh. anyway not shortlisting that sofa liao. go other shop to buy next week )

what a day..lol

i bought a dining table+chairs at I-furniture for $1300..previously was quoted $1400+ at IMM.

that time placed a $50deposit for that same dining set in Oct 07. Then got refund back cos we thought of shopping more then decide. Make a big hassle to collect the $50 deposit back

My Sealy mattress i bought 2 weeks ago at $2699. At expo, its selling at $2522. the same bedhead and mattress!! i need to do something abt this already keke.

hmmm..conclusion, true leh, the price at expo was slashed alot for the furniture

one bad encounter..me and my wife likes this sofa so much at "Sentat Trading (S) Pte Ltd". Its actually a 3seated sofa+1seated+1seated sofa (the 1seated sofa is like a rocking sofa, so elegant and nice). We are really keen at buying it, but the salesman is so pushy that makes me feel turn off. he keeps saying that they waived off gst transport blah blah blah. i shouted back that "dont tell me abt gst and transport leh, its not relevant at all, most companies nowadays absorbed these off for customer already". then after that me and my wife was discussing seriously abt buying it, and that 2 salesperson keeps "weng weng weng"-*buzzing* at us, so irritated. i decided to tell them i think abt it, asked them for their address and name cos i really shortlisted this sofa, i may go back to buy at their main showroom. Then the salesperson told me off that "$1300 i also cant afford now, if next time i go to their warehouse, the cost will be $2000+ already". he also say that i buy things even worst than auntie. so undecisive. While we are walking away, he continued to say that "aiya we cant afford to buy this sofa la" .. ( i was telling my wife, we dont buy is becos of the salesperson leh. anyway not shortlisting that sofa liao. go other shop to buy next week )

what a day..lol

Wah, you got high tolerence level leh! still can lol. hehe. I condemn that place now.

hehe i buay tahan also,thats why i posted the incident here

i still cant forget the scene..the salesman keeps passing the invoice for me to write my particulars, hahahah!! typical sales technique

what a day..lol

Yah I'd never buy from someone like this. If i really like the piece i will approach someone else in the shop.

went to my neighbour house today done up by Tong Hong

now then i understand why they clinch so much deal at JM..the house is so nicely done up. Their reno pace is fast also.worksmanship is good, reno cost v reasonable. No chance to take pictures cos my wife keeps chit chatting with my new neighbour.

Yah I'd never buy from someone like this. If i really like the piece i will approach someone else in the shop.

agree!! heh

hehe i buay tahan also,thats why i posted the incident here

i still cant forget the scene..the salesman keeps passing the invoice for me to write my particulars, hahahah!! typical sales technique

hi yang guo

dun be mad! i understand what have gone through. the best way is to tell them that :"i've got money, jus dun want to let u earn, cos your attitude sucks

"

Probably take down their names and write a "feedback" to the management, such bad sheep will tarnish the reputation your your esteemed company... whahhahahahaha. maybe if it is a big company, u might get vouchers for providing feedback.

Yeah...Tong hong and gim wee (spell correctly) are the big player in JM.

Another is Wekin....my neighbour choose them cos they throw in free air con for them.

I encountered a bad experience with one of the uncle from tong hong.

Totally piss off and cancelled them off my list even though they charge very cheap for the renovation.

went to my neighbour house today done up by Tong Hong

now then i understand why they clinch so much deal at JM..the house is so nicely done up. Their reno pace is fast also.worksmanship is good, reno cost v reasonable. No chance to take pictures cos my wife keeps chit chatting with my new neighbour.

agree!! heh

hi yang guo

dun be mad! i understand what have gone through. the best way is to tell them that :"i've got money, jus dun want to let u earn, cos your attitude sucks

"

Probably take down their names and write a "feedback" to the management, such bad sheep will tarnish the reputation your your esteemed company... whahhahahahaha. maybe if it is a big company, u might get vouchers for providing feedback.

Hi FAT

Same over here.

I just ask for their name and shot to their management.

Make sure their manager or higher authority know about their attitude.

If in my shoe, I will turn around and shot back saying: "I got money also dont want to let your earn commission". :dancingqueen:

Shot out as loud as a elephant! Make sure lots of pple hear it.

Edited by h4happy

For blk25b neighbours...

My friend called up the hdb officer and was told in about 2 to 3 weeks time, we will get final letter. Means around Feb to Mar 08 liao.

thanks happy.

i am hoping we can collect before my hubby leave for states :dancingqueen: better get ready to transfer his power to me argh