Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rain

Birthday Surprise For Hubby?

Hi everybody,

I was ranting and raving about my husband's laziness, refusal to help out with the housework and our fights over many issues in another thread.

But hor ... recently, these few days la, he actually took his initiative to wash up our kid's lunchbox, prepare her uniform for the next day, tried - yes, 'tried' - to wash his own clothes, and talked quite nicely to me.

His birthday is coming in a few days' time.

I'm a goon doo when it comes to making a guy happy, but would like to reward him for the efforts he's put in these few days on his birthday.

Can someone give me some pointers on how I can do it besides the cake and a present?

That day will also be one of my graduation days, so we'll be out till late afternoon.

I'm thinking of showing him I can also 'strategise' a nice day for him (altho I'm in truth an idiot at it).

Something practical and simple to do ok? Like '"Planning a birthday surprise for hubby" for dummies'.

Would really appreciate some ideas.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dunno abt your hubby, but mine likes a good rub down/ massage/ reflexalogy session especially at the end of the day, when the children are sleeping. :)

Cakes and candles are great, especially when you have a kid.

how about doing things with your husband that he like but you usually refuse to go with him? e.g. watch soccer match, go for bowling/pool/billiard, bring him to the transformer movie etc

a bit difficult to give ideas since we have no idea what your hubby likes :)

since you all will be out until late afternoon then you can book a restaurant in a hotel for a romantic dinner. :bangwall: during the dinner, you can take out the present you buy for him and give him lor. :)

swissotelthestamfordequhd4.jpg

Swissotel the stamford - equinox restaurant at level 69

the atmosphere is really romantic and great! :sport-smiley-004: on my birthday, my hb booked a table at equinox restaurant for a romantic dinner. :curse:

Ya....I will always buy a nice dinner for him and buy a present which he eyed and

wanted sooooooo much.... Of course not too expensive la..

I noe my HB like LV products v much...I bought a LV wallet for him few years bk and

a LV name card holder for him last year + a nice dinner..something which he liked to

eat and he is soooooooo happi!

And till tis day he still keep the wallet and cardholder and it is a console for me cos

he is a scatterbrain whom always misplace his things...

I tink a nice dinner and a good present is sufficient!

Ya....I will always buy a nice dinner for him and buy a present which he eyed and

wanted sooooooo much.... Of course not too expensive la..

I noe my HB like LV products v much...I bought a LV wallet for him few years bk and

a LV name card holder for him last year + a nice dinner..something which he liked to

eat and he is soooooooo happi!

And till tis day he still keep the wallet and cardholder and it is a console for me cos

he is a scatterbrain whom always misplace his things...

I tink a nice dinner and a good present is sufficient!

haha, your hb is also a LV fan! me too! i also like LV! :D but i didn't buy LV for my hb lah b'cos he doesn't like branded. he's the person who bought me 3 LV bags and 1 wallet! b'cos he knows i like LV! haha. ;)

Korea....then I am just like yr HB man...I dun like branded goods too...unless I am

filthy rich and gt no place to spend money on....

I prefer the money to be in my bank a/c...keke

Tats y my friends always tease me tat whenever I step into a LV shop, the

purpose is to buy my HB a present and not for myself...I dunno y leh...I

"bu se de" to buy for myself one...even my HB wants to buy for me, I will scold

him too...hahahaha...

Korea....then I am just like yr HB man...I dun like branded goods too...unless I am

filthy rich and gt no place to spend money on....

I prefer the money to be in my bank a/c...keke

Tats y my friends always tease me tat whenever I step into a LV shop, the

purpose is to buy my HB a present and not for myself...I dunno y leh...I

"bu se de" to buy for myself one...even my HB wants to buy for me, I will scold

him too...hahahaha...

my hb prefers sport brands such as nike, addias etc. whereas i prefer LV. haha. i'll buy his favourite brands and he'll buy my favourite brands. :~

I proposed at Jaan.

One storey above Equinox. Great service.

yup, i absolutely agreed swissotel has great service. regardless whether it's their restaurants, cafes, bars or hotel. all of them have great service! :bow:

we also went to city space at level 70 to enjoy red wine! ;)

my hb prefers sport brands such as nike, addias etc. whereas i prefer LV. haha. i'll buy his favourite brands and he'll buy my favourite brands. :~

yup, i absolutely agreed swissotel has great service. regardless whether it's their restaurants, cafes, bars or hotel. all of them have great service! :bow:

we also went to city space at level 70 to enjoy red wine! ;)

lol.. i prefer my wine at dempsey though.. alot of selection, even Zambuca at Mandarin (or is it Pan Pacific?) has a better wine selection..

Service wise i think they are really good, but the best i've been is still Ritz Carlton. No matter how many times i go there, never once i feel that their service has come off. extraodinary really.

lol.. i prefer my wine at dempsey though.. alot of selection, even Zambuca at Mandarin (or is it Pan Pacific?) has a better wine selection..

Service wise i think they are really good, but the best i've been is still Ritz Carlton. No matter how many times i go there, never once i feel that their service has come off. extraodinary really.

haha. different people have different taste in red wine mah. :bow: we love to enjoy the view from swissotel and enjoy red wine at the same time. ;)