Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Just bought a Hitachi inverter system 3 from IMM GC.

2 X 10, 1 X 16

$2600

with 5yr warranty = $3000

Edited by addats

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:good::good:

Just bought a Hitachi inverter system 3 from IMM GC.

2 X 10, 1 X 16

$2600

with 5yr warranty = $3000

Got mine from GC too but Causeway Pt...Mit inverter sysetm 3...oso 5 yrs warranty @ S$3.2k..

The services i got from Mr Heng, the saleperson from Causeway Pt GC was great :good: n i must also say..i not the easiest customer to deal with... :notti:

I just installed the trunkings for my Mit Elec Sys 4. I must say it is really not easy, especially when it comes to thicker pipes and insulators. Lucky for me, I have an "auditor".

I actually engaged another aircon contractor to be my 3rd-party adviser. Personally I feel the big companies can provide better pricing but their installers may tend to have worker-mentality. This may mean quality of work is just so-so. Too bad I could not engage my own contractor as he could not get me a good price. At least no regrets, having him around with more than 10 years experience to help oversee.

Things that I encountered:

- they may use remaining copper pipes left over from other installation. These will be hard to tell which grade they belong to.

- the junior installer is quite bo-chap and does not get along well with his senior

- i feel even the senior installer is still not good enough when comes to sys 4

- the running of trunking to me is the most important and I managed to get good advices

- 2 trips for installation are definitely better than 1. Mine took whole day just to run the trunking.

In short, it may be a good idea to spend some $$ to get a 3rd party.

Edited by hdb4sale

sanyo non-inverter system 3 with 3 takes.... upgrade to 1/2" insulation / 16mm pipe / class 0 for outside insulation. 1939 from GC.... similar toshiba system is 1990.

I just installed the trunkings for my Mit Elec Sys 4. I must say it is really not easy, especially when it comes to thicker pipes and insulators.

Hi I'm have just got keys to a new hdb flat in bedok and is contemplating installing System 4 (Mitsubishi Electric or Toshiba). Our window at the air con ledge is around 700mm in height.

Toshiba's condenser (RAS-4M26SACV) is

Dimension : 795(H) x 900(W) x 320(H) mm

ME's condenser MXY-4A28VA is

Dimension : 840 (W) x 330(D) x 710 (H)

To me it seems barely possible to push out ME's condenser thru the window (tilting maybe can) but impossible to get toshiba's out without tearing down the window frame & put it back. Are there extra charges to do this? I definitely cannot reach air con ledge via service yard.

just bought toshiba system 3 @ $1750 comes with installation! is a 3 ticks... he say toshiba got 2 models of similar design... mine is the slightly older design (by 3 mths only)... was told tat everything is the same but mine has stronger wind

any recommendation of old system 2 being trade in and install a new system 2?

What is the cost like?

The old ones are still usable, but the trunking was ran unsightly due to built-in cabinets of 30 years which I'm tearing them down.

just bought toshiba system 3 @ $1750 comes with installation! is a 3 ticks... he say toshiba got 2 models of similar design... mine is the slightly older design (by 3 mths only)... was told tat everything is the same but mine has stronger wind

dun mind if u could pm me the contact from where you got your aircon. i am also looking for same.

Edited by priyalok

Is it a normal practice for the aircon contractor to charge additional for dismantle/dispose your existing air-con before installing new one? Coz I'm not re-using the pipe and the trunking route also different.

The additional charge is $150. Reasonable?

By the way, anyone know what is the price range for Mitsubishin Sys 3 Non-Inverter now?

I got the quote for 2.1k, but the contractor can't even answer me what type of insulator they used, gosh.........

Will be going down to GC soon.

i got my mitsubishi easyclean sys-3(non-invertor,r-22) at GC,imm with extended warranty,upgrade to the best piping or whatever they having.however gotta pay them extra $50 to come in 2 trips. total dmg = $2310nett. hope of the best ba, i went to them for the installation skills,extended warranty and after-sales service. i am pretty sure can get cheaper elsewhere ba.

go to expo if you can,they have a fair there. confirm can get cheaper.

Anyone using the new range of inverter aircons from Sanyo in their HDB and do you know where it's made?

which model?

is it the Shiki-saikan or something?

if it is, the last i checked it was not available here yet

Hi,

I have just order my Air con from Twin City for $2150 with the following

Model: Mitsubshi Electric Inverter

Outdoor: MUX-3BD23VB

fancoil: MS-B10VB x 3

Gas: R410A

2 Trips: Yes

Insulation: ThermoFlex Class 0

Drainage: 16mm