Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Malui

Help Me... Leather Or Fabric Sofa?

Hi All,

I went to Court and fell in love with the bycast leather sofa. However, when I consulted my ID, he mentioned that leather sofa is not advisable unless I have aircon in my living room. He mentioned that in this kinda of humid weather, u will not feel comfortable to sit on the leather sofa for long. U feel very sweaty.. I am not sure if you have the same feeling for those who own leather sofa and without aircon in the living room.

I am looking for sofa with wooden stand or base. Dun really fancy those with steel. Any inputs or photos to share? Please advise. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All,

I went to Court and fell in love with the bycast leather sofa. However, when I consulted my ID, he mentioned that leather sofa is not advisable unless I have aircon in my living room. He mentioned that in this kinda of humid weather, u will not feel comfortable to sit on the leather sofa for long. U feel very sweaty.. I am not sure if you have the same feeling for those who own leather sofa and without aircon in the living room.

I am looking for sofa with wooden stand or base. Dun really fancy those with steel. Any inputs or photos to share? Please advise. Thanks.

Yes, I fully agree with what your ID said. My MIL house is having leather sofa, it's pretty easy to clean, but it's really uncomfortable, as after some time sitting on them, our thigh will sweat ma, and it's really hot! So in the end, my hubby & me always sit on the floor, which is deem more comfortable than the sofa.

At my house, i'm having a fabric sofa. BIG COMFY! we can just lounge on them for hours on weekend lor. The only bad points is-mus be careful with any liquid, as fabric absorb them quite fast, and that for fabric sofa, need to vacuum frequently, cos will have lint. :)

Hope it helps

I do agree that fabric is more comfortable. Can choose a wider range of color and do "replacement" of the cover over time :)

Unless you are sensitive to dust or someone in your family is, then will suggest leather as fabric does capture dust.

Edited by raincole

We also prefer the leather sofa.

Main reason being:

- looks more nicer and more matching with our design & decor

- easily maintained

- less dust trapped

- not so hot & sticky (as got the imported high grade leather)

- used to fabric type for 8yrs already so time to change.

Hi All,

It's not my experience. Real leather is great.

First sofa is fabric - nice to see and sit but a chore to remove for washing. And, it was "destoryed" with food and liquid stain contributed by my son. So tired of washing so just threw it away and changed to a cheapo PVC one. Maintainance a breeze.....and even though PVC, not as hot as wat pple say. i think leather will be better but of course sometimes the sofa design for leather type not so swee as fabric.

First sofa is fabric - nice to see and sit but a chore to remove for washing. And, it was "destoryed" with food and liquid stain contributed by my son. So tired of washing so just threw it away and changed to a cheapo PVC one. Maintainance a breeze.....and even though PVC, not as hot as wat pple say. i think leather will be better but of course sometimes the sofa design for leather type not so swee as fabric.

Massimmo, Royce (Air Division) and Castilla Premium, just to name a few, have very nice leather sofa...

HI... i think i'll prefer the Leather sofa too... my hubby and i have the same feel. Cos i thought fabric is more warm compare to leather??? huh?

But we have a dog at home and she likes to scratch my sofa so are worry tat she will spolit it. Previously we got a fabric sofa at my mother-ln-law house and she vomit on it when she was sick then, some of the stains never get to remove completely. Haiz, both leather & fabric sofa will get spolit if my dog is constantly scratching on the sofa!!

Any advise? !!

if you have a dog .. best is leather sofa.. my dog vomit on my fabric sofa.. i wanted to kill him ... lol...

at least leather sofa can wipe off.

HI... i think i'll prefer the Leather sofa too... my hubby and i have the same feel. Cos i thought fabric is more warm compare to leather??? huh?

But we have a dog at home and she likes to scratch my sofa so are worry tat she will spolit it. Previously we got a fabric sofa at my mother-ln-law house and she vomit on it when she was sick then, some of the stains never get to remove completely. Haiz, both leather & fabric sofa will get spolit if my dog is constantly scratching on the sofa!!

Any advise? :dunno:

if you have guys at home who bare upper body to sit on sofa, i think fabric is more comfortable. leather, kinda sticks to the body. fabric - at least you can have it upholstered every few years. for leather, due to its price, I dun think many people would change it every few years.

there's this bitter lemon spray which i used on curtains, shoes and fabric sofa. it deters dogs from bitting. my dog just smell and go away. Safe and effective for me :dunno:

after I got a dog, I bought a sofa throw from ikea to protect the sofa (from pee, vomit and fur, sometimes not from yr own dog, but other people's dog!). special occasion then remove it :)

Edited by latitude

actually not all leather sofas are expensive

got my half-leather from courts at $1,099 - 3+2+1 seater :dunno:

find that fabric is more difficult to care for

spill anything on it and can forget about ever cleaning it liao :dunno:

leather on bare skin is fine, but faux leather is not

Thinking getting a Fabric Sofa too. but i have a cat, any idea where i can get this bitter lemon spray ? thanks a lot