Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wen & Min

Wen & Min's Reno Blog

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi! i got the wallpaper and glue from goodrich. about $160 for 2 rolls, enough for a 3m wall for the mbr.. goodrich has alot of nice selection and alot of people buy from them..

we didnt use fancy equipments leh.. we made do with a rubber squeegie, put cloth over the rubber part and just use it to press out the bubbles.. sometimes it doesnt work well so we use a ruler.. but u must be careful not to tear the paper..

its quite tiring lor.. have to align the patterns and stuff.. after the whole experience, we decided we wont do it again by ourselves, unless if its only a small small area where we dont need to match patterns.. hehe.

u are still retaining the mirror strips.... that means u can remove the strips now without damage and put back the strips after wallpapering? thot the strips are glued on alraedy..

actually instead of changing into wallpaper, why dont u ask ur contractor whether its still possible for u to change to a darker laminate instead. ask him to quote u then u can compare the diff lor.

wow....didnt know i could DIY the wallpapers fr goodrich...they didnt mention anything like that to me..

yes will be retaining the mirror strips...but now with the black tempered glass up, we might not chenag it after all... :rolleyes: must save $$$...

price for wallpaper & installation: ~$500 (excluding cost of plywood which might cost another ~$200???)

think not possible to change laminate again...bec they used the wrong laminate initially & they redo again for us....

Hi WEN

Your house really look beautiful!!!

THANKS!! we thought it look quite plain now....gonna look for more accessories/paintings etc...to "decorate" the house.... :)

your house looks great with the furniture in. And i love your floral chairs!:rolleyes:!:good: how come i didnt see them at cellini when i bought mine :) i got the same table and chairs as yours but my chairs are in black leather :(

Hi Wen

Yess Yess save $$$$ I think the overall result look good. :)

Jus use that $$$ and get urselves a nice carpet so as to warm up ur living rm. :)

Edited by Cantona7

your house looks great with the furniture in. And i love your floral chairs!:)!:) how come i didnt see them at cellini when i bought mine :( i got the same table and chairs as yours but my chairs are in black leather :(

Thanks mist. I customised my chair and we r able to change to the frabic I wanted. But the price is the same as PVC leather. So we are able to mix and match.

nice ! i thot it looks good enuff liao.. :thumbs up:

thanks! finally everything is in place after 3 long months...... :P

Hi Wen

Yess Yess save $$$$ I think the overall result look good. :notti:

Jus use that $$$ and get urselves a nice carpet so as to warm up ur living rm. ;)

yesh...have finally decided to keep the current feature wall & save that money for HM.... :notti:

we got our carpet fr lush at a steal @$199 only during the GSS!! :P

Edited by Wen & Min

Today was a super long & busy day for us....all the outstanding work was done & all my appliances came...

Declare reno finally FINISHED!! pending touch-ups... :)

arrival of dryer:

Image614.jpg

Image616.jpg

sealy king size mattress:

Image617.jpg

pioneer 42inch plasma...used as a temp table... :)

Image618.jpg

arrival of washer:

Image621.jpg

Image622.jpg

panasonic inverter fridge:

Image627.jpg

Image630.jpg

Image631.jpg

mbr toilet mirror:

Image653.jpg

common toilet mirror:

Image654.jpg

kitchen black tempered glass:

Image655.jpg

Image651.jpg

walkway to mbr:

Image656.jpg

finally my dining lightings..

Image648.jpg

Image649.jpg

concealed wirings for tv..

Image639.jpg

hey datz the coffee table i wan!:notti: we got same dining lights and dining table... :(

Plasma choice :bleah:

yeah....argued with wen before deciding on plasma as it simply cost too much liaoz!! :dunno:

wooo !! :furious:

your place is looking real good with most of the stuff in

am sure your feature wall will look very good with the tv up :good:

actually i still felt the feature wall still kinda plain.... !!

not sure if not changing to wallpaper still...haiz....

hey datz the coffee table i wan!!! we got same dining lights and dining table... :furious:

actually thought the coffee table abit too high ya? hopefully with the rug, it will look better.... !!

i fell in love with the dining lights even before reno started so i thought it's a must buy!! :good: but next time if sianz liaoz...then i will change my wardrobe room's light for my dining area... :jawdrop:

Hi Min, I also got the same fridge and tv as you and the pioneer plasma is really a good choice, no need to argue !! I think you and yr HB must have been comparing between LCDs and Plasmas like me, plus the confusing models of Full HDs ... blah blah blah. At first just wanted a Samsung 32" LCD but after I look at this model, I knew this must be it, no regrets! I will only enjoy it next month !!

Hi Min, I also got the same fridge and tv as you and the pioneer plasma is really a good choice, no need to argue !! I think you and yr HB must have been comparing between LCDs and Plasmas like me, plus the confusing models of Full HDs ... blah blah blah. At first just wanted a Samsung 32" LCD but after I look at this model, I knew this must be it, no regrets! I will only enjoy it next month !!

hi jt88,

hopefully the plasma is a good choice...know nuts abt TVs...yeah was comparing between plasmas & lcds.but plasma very ex...as for mi, as long as it looks "pretty", i happy liaoz.. !!

i hope to enjoy it this weekend the soonest...hehe..it's gonna be my "chalet" first..haha !!

eh ur TV feature wall is nice enuff liao... dun put wallpaper... harder to maintain & focus is supposed to be on the BIG plasma TV mah heh heh... maybe can put some plants to spice up ur home...

and we got the same straaten dryer! !!

actually i still felt the feature wall still kinda plain.... :unsure:

not sure if not changing to wallpaper still...haiz....

actually thought the coffee table abit too high ya? hopefully with the rug, it will look better.... :bangwall:

guess it's just me coz if i go to your home

no matter how nice your feature wall is, my eyes will be glued to the plasma ;)

my dream tv leh, but no money to buy now

hopefully this year bonus will be good then can go and buy :(

think you should hold until you set up everything and see how :P