Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

i been to ideal house before and met danny, not sure is it the same designer as yours. we find that he is very creative and easy going. he was 1 of the last 2 quotes that we are considering..choose inzen ultimately as felt that ideal house quote simply too high for us, at least 5K more..so due to $$ issue, we dropped ideal..

Danny was very sincere and revised the quote for about 2-3x but we have to give up some carpentry..doesnt want to sacrifice those so..you know my choice liao

by looking at your quote i think is acceptable, if you have in mind a reno budget and this quote can provide those things that you gonna do and within your budget and most imptly you have connection with the ID, then go for it! :yamseng:

btw i am using the 10mm glass for all glass works in my house. bathroom door is frosted swing door, my quote is $450 (for you to do comparison =P) so far so good, dun looked so fragile la

heard from ID that 10mm is standard la and if you want thicker glass = pay more $

Edited by babytan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i been to ideal house before and met danny, not sure is it the same designer as yours. we find that he is very creative and easy going. he was 1 of the last 2 quotes that we are considering..choose inzen ultimately as felt that ideal house quote simply too high for us, at least 5K more..so due to $$ issue, we dropped ideal..

Danny was very sincere and revised the quote for about 2-3x but we have to give up some carpentry..doesnt want to sacrifice those so..you know my choice liao

by looking at your quote i think is acceptable, if you have in mind a reno budget and this quote can provide those things that you gonna do and within your budget and most imptly you have connection with the ID, then go for it! :yamseng:

btw i am using the 10mm glass for all glass works in my house. bathroom door is frosted swing door, my quote is $450 (for you to do comparison =P) so far so good, dun looked so fragile la

heard from ID that 10mm is standard la and if you want thicker glass = pay more $

de first quote was given by steven from ideal house. de subsequent one is not by ideal house liao. cos like u say, due to $$$ issue, i got to give up ideal house. cos i can c ideal house oredi tried it's best to lower deir quote by giving some lump sum discount etc. but no choice oso la. i cannot give up some stuffs. :(

i oso think de quote is reasonable. but juz dunno y my frosted glass door cost so much oso 8|

i know 10mm for de glass door is no prob. but the prob comes when i have one whole panel from ground to ceiling 2.4m height which needs this glass panel. den i scared unstable :dunno:

hmm not that the glass expensive la, think your ID marked up quite a fair bit lor..they will always say simi good quality bla bla bla but i guess is around the same source of suppliers la..just depending on how much they want to make from you out of that piece of glass :notti:

my sliding glass door not full height so cannot comment but if yours is goin to be full height and to put yourself at ease, you go for the 12mm lor :unsure:

hmm not that the glass expensive la, think your ID marked up quite a fair bit lor..they will always say simi good quality bla bla bla but i guess is around the same source of suppliers la..just depending on how much they want to make from you out of that piece of glass :notti:

my sliding glass door not full height so cannot comment but if yours is goin to be full height and to put yourself at ease, you go for the 12mm lor :unsure:

ya lo. now i ask him possible to bring de quote down to 43k or not. paiseh to tok to him on phone liao. i email him better :(

12mm will bring up de cost by abt 700plus. he oso assure me his hm using 10mm for full height. say will bring me to his hm when i wanna go view his previous projs. :)

ya lo. now i ask him possible to bring de quote down to 43k or not. paiseh to tok to him on phone liao. i email him better :(

12mm will bring up de cost by abt 700plus. he oso assure me his hm using 10mm for full height. say will bring me to his hm when i wanna go view his previous projs. :)

yeah. finally bought my sofa, dining table n coffee table from red apple. alot of bad reviews on red apple. but somehow dunno y i still buy from them. think cos i really like the items.

sofa is 2488 after discount (usual 3388), dining table + 4 chairs is package 1088 package. but i add 100 for the black clear glass on top n topup 30bucks per chair. coffee table is 699. in the end after packaging all together, guy quoted me 3688. will post some pics soon, taken by hubby on his hp. dun haf it with me now -_-"

after some bargain, considering my brother paid only 3788 for sofa, dining table, coffee table and tv console, he gave in n gave me a special discount of 3400 =x

Edited by mwerkz

pictures of my newly bought furniture. haven get house buy furniture first. dunno y so kan cheong oso -_-"

sofa front:

sofa1.jpg

sofa side:

sofa2.jpg

sofa back:

sofa3.jpg

dining table top:

dining1.jpg

dining table side:

dining2.jpg

dining chair side:

chair1.jpg

dining chair front:

chair2.jpg

coffee table top:

coffee2.jpg

coffee table side:

coffee1.jpg

dat's all for today =p

pictures of my newly bought furniture. haven get house buy furniture first. dunno y so kan cheong oso -_-"

beautiful furniture. where did you buy from and how much did they cost? whats the material of the table top? :)

bought from red apple at imm. although alot of bad reviews previously, i still went ahead n buy, cos brother bought, no prob at all 8|

sofa (full leather) original price is 3688 but now sale den 2488. dining table promo is 1088. but i change from normal glass to black glass top so add another 100. 1188 with 4 chairs. de 4 chairs i upgrade to better chairs. so xtra 30 for each chair. total is 1308. den coffee table is 699. dey did a package for me n finally got a price of 3400 after negotiate down fr deir offered price of 3688.

not sure if ex or wat, but since i like de design, i think it;s worth it lo :bangwall:

Edited by mwerkz

sofa front:

sofa1.jpg

:jawdrop: nice sofa!

:jawdrop: nice sofa!

thanx! de first item i fell in love with was de sofa! den after tat i was on cloud 9. everything de salesman said is all yes yes yes 8|

hihi, saw u asking me all the qn in the thread and decide to come to ur blog. nice sofa u have there and i really like the layout of your house!! finally for once i see h*b got some sense to make a practical and nice layout. my layout is terrible so have to do some major works to it. will update on my blog.

anyway, saw ur posts on the glass panel and seems like u tinking of having a glass panel in ur hse. my ID actually constructed a beam from the ceiling down to hold the glass panel. Thus the glass panel is not full height that is from the floor to the ceiling. She said that this is done so i can hold the glass door. i will be doing up my glass panel in early aug and will post it up once it's done. keep u updated then!!

hihi, saw u asking me all the qn in the thread and decide to come to ur blog. nice sofa u have there and i really like the layout of your house!! finally for once i see h*b got some sense to make a practical and nice layout. my layout is terrible so have to do some major works to it. will update on my blog.

anyway, saw ur posts on the glass panel and seems like u tinking of having a glass panel in ur hse. my ID actually constructed a beam from the ceiling down to hold the glass panel. Thus the glass panel is not full height that is from the floor to the ceiling. She said that this is done so i can hold the glass door. i will be doing up my glass panel in early aug and will post it up once it's done. keep u updated then!!

thanx. ya i really love de sofa too. dis is a old hdb. tat's y de layout is nice =p

great! do post more info on ur glass once it's up. i haven start my reno in aug yet =)

hehe... nice layout and nice sofa... ur house is big..so can have such a big one... cheers! :)

hehe. thanx =)

really love my hm, though i can't afford a hm in town, at least i manage to get one of a location of my choice too :dancingqueen: