Sign in to follow this  
addats

Show Room Furniture At Hdb Shop House Price

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

for jurong area...

i recommend you all the following

Taman Jur Shopping Center Blk 399

Yi Sheng Furniture #01-01

Bought my 6ft sliding wardrobe , tv console, coffee table, dressing table and dinning table set.

All for $2975... only paid $200 deposit

All items came in on 26th Dec 2008. All okie except one of sliding wardorde door crack and one of the table table leg got paint defect so i hold back payment of $200 of the balance.

On 27th Dec meaning the following day they came to replace the crack sliding door and i paid them $100.

Today 31th Dec they came and fix the table leg... even brought 2 for us to choose and finally i paid them $100.

Quality wise is satisfactory so far...price wise is definitely much cheaper than those showroom for exact same items. Should be comparable with S & C, you guys might want to drop by both and compare the pricing..

Hi tom,

ya, i agree wif u... the prices tat yi sheng offers r very competitive...

wanted to buy a bookshelf... but yet to decide... in the end juz buy the mahjong table first... haha...

nw on my list left dining chairs and tat bookshelf... mayb b free then go over n have a look.... keke.. :P

actually there r other shops (at west side) for home ones tat r very competitive too,

1) like the lighting shops opposite chinese garden MRT (good service and wide variety)

2) electrical appliances at Jurong West called Kong Tai (but no extended warranty la...)

these 2 places i recommend ones!!

Nex

Hi tom,

ya, i agree wif u... the prices tat yi sheng offers r very competitive...

wanted to buy a bookshelf... but yet to decide... in the end juz buy the mahjong table first... haha...

nw on my list left dining chairs and tat bookshelf... mayb b free then go over n have a look.... keke.. :P

actually there r other shops (at west side) for home ones tat r very competitive too,

1) like the lighting shops opposite chinese garden MRT (good service and wide variety)

2) electrical appliances at Jurong West called Kong Tai (but no extended warranty la...)

these 2 places i recommend ones!!

Nex

lol u are just 1 street away like 200m from Yi sheng right

Ya both place is a must to visit if u are staying in jurong

got one smaller shop in jurong west ave 1 for lighting cheapest so far after i compare the price of some exact same lighting... can refer to the lighting thread.

Kong Tai been very famous in jurong area small shop but like got 7 sales person around :P if u really want cheaper after u can get quote from Maximum Credit Co. Opp Kong Tai too. Max Credit is the sub of Hong Liang.

to add on they are another Yi Sheng furniture shop in Ang Mo Kio Blk 728 . but different name think tat one is the main shop

Meng Liang Furniture

Blk728 Ang Mo Kio Ave6

#01-4234

Singapore 560728

Tel : 6453-4267/6456-4491

Edited by tommy78

I remember buying from Meng Liang 5 years ago & still very satisfied with the TV consol, shoe cabinet, study table & 2 door wardrobe (sliding types).

With forum's recommendation, went to S&C & ordered my items. Popped by Meng Liang just to "kaypoh" & compare prices (for curiousity sake)... they quote about $100-200 more perhaps for people to bargain down....

My bedframes came... very happy with the looks of them.

lol u are just 1 street away like 200m from Yi sheng right

Ya both place is a must to visit if u are staying in jurong

got one smaller shop in jurong west ave 1 for lighting cheapest so far after i compare the price of some exact same lighting... can refer to the lighting thread.

Kong Tai been very famous in jurong area small shop but like got 7 sales person around :P if u really want cheaper after u can get quote from Maximum Credit Co. Opp Kong Tai too. Max Credit is the sub of Hong Liang.

to add on they are another Yi Sheng furniture shop in Ang Mo Kio Blk 728 . but different name think tat one is the main shop

Meng Liang Furniture

Blk728 Ang Mo Kio Ave6

#01-4234

Singapore 560728

Tel : 6453-4267/6456-4491

haha.... ya, juz a street away... the boss very friendly and helpful...

as for maximum credit, i saw feedback that they a bit.......... and in one case, they delivered the display set w/o telling the consumer... so i think its a NO NO... 8| thou they give very good price... mayb tats y its cheper?? i not sure too... :dunno:

kong tai is actually a family biz... from my parents time til nw, we often buy from them one... so nw u know how long they have been there... haha... :sport-smiley-003:

from my wife, who has been staying here for abt 10 yrs :notti: , she say last time tat shop that Yi Sheng is located one used to sell things very ex one, it was until we nothing to do then go there explore then discover tat the owner has changed and nw tis boss sell one is cheaper, i mean more reasonable la... :dancingqueen: haha... :dancingqueen:

anyway i bought a mahjong table from there and ordered a sofa set for my parents' place, the sea horse one... (its cheaper than if u buy from sea horse outlet!!) but will take 2wks cos the colour i wanted need some time to do... otherwise have to take the default colour, then can 1 to 2 days deliver... anyway, no hurry, as long as b4 new yr can le... haha.... :bleah:

5thJan1.jpg

5thJan2.jpg

5thJan3.jpg

The wardrobes we got from S&C. They delivered the items and we were quite satisfied with most. After setting the items up, I tested my sliding wardrobe and there was some sound. I told the deliveryman and he rectified it on the spot. No problems with it now.

Only 3 items had more major problems... One was the dresser, which had a piece of wood on top missing. We asked for it to be installed and they said they would come *soon*..... The second is the TV console which had one mirror glass broken. The delivery man took it back immediately and it would be delivered tomorrow. The third is the coffee table which will only be delivered next week as the shipment is delayed.

Other than that I guess I'm quite satisfied.

Hi, just like to thank the forumers for recommending S&C. Ordered a coffee table I've been eyeing from them, and the price is like almost half of those in showrooms. :dancingqueen:

A note though, don't go expecting to see actual pieces there, they are just a HDB furniture shop. You'd've to find the things you want from their catalogs. If you haven't seen the piece b4 in some showrooms, the pictures in the catalogs might not look attractive to you, or you'd have doubts as to the quality. For those who've been there and/or bought from them, they can tell you it is the same thing as seen in the showroom. Also they can't have everything yah, so go with reasonable expectations.

Only regret is we already ordered a bedframe from showroom, then found they have the same thing cheaper :( . Didn't expect it to be available there. Lady boss said Boss going to trade show soon, so they might have new catalogs in March. :good:

may i know how much u pay for the this wardrobe ?? almost Full height 6ft in length?

This particular one is very good quality.. it cost my sis $1000. Full height more than 6ft in length.

Hi, just like to thank the forumers for recommending S&C. Ordered a coffee table I've been eyeing from them, and the price is like almost half of those in showrooms. :dancingqueen:

A note though, don't go expecting to see actual pieces there, they are just a HDB furniture shop. You'd've to find the things you want from their catalogs. If you haven't seen the piece b4 in some showrooms, the pictures in the catalogs might not look attractive to you, or you'd have doubts as to the quality. For those who've been there and/or bought from them, they can tell you it is the same thing as seen in the showroom. Also they can't have everything yah, so go with reasonable expectations.

Only regret is we already ordered a bedframe from showroom, then found they have the same thing cheaper :( . Didn't expect it to be available there. Lady boss said Boss going to trade show soon, so they might have new catalogs in March. :good:

:dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen: I want to go look at designer chairs!!

This particular one is very good quality.. it cost my sis $1000. Full height more than 6ft in length.

Hi pinkpetter, I am using the same model of wardrobe that your sis is using, also bought from S & C.

Does your sis encounter problem of doors retracting? Both of my wardrobe doors don't seem to remain shut totally & tend to retract an inch or 2 as time goes... I have to use tissue paper to lock the doors everyday :(

HUH... my sis' wardrobe is ok at the moment.. closes perfectly. it's the cheaper ones that have slight problems.. but Melvin fixed them for us..

Hi :) Have anyone buy bedframe from S&C? Any pics to show? How are their quailty for bedframe like?

Intended to go down have a look one day but would like to see some pics from here first

Edited by zerochristy

Hi :) Have anyone buy bedframe from S&C? Any pics to show? How are their quailty for bedframe like?

Intended to go down have a look one day but would like to see some pics from here first

They have quite a lot of bedframe le.. wooden ones and divan ones... we got the divan ones..

My sis and parents got the storage bedframes with divan headboard in queen and king respectively...

SistersRoom2.jpg

MBR2.jpg

this is my single bedframe.. non storage.

Myroom2.jpg

They have quite a lot of bedframe le.. wooden ones and divan ones... we got the divan ones..

My sis and parents got the storage bedframes with divan headboard in queen and king respectively...

SistersRoom2.jpg

MBR2.jpg

this is my single bedframe.. non storage.

Myroom2.jpg

Hihi,

how much u bought for ur queen bed frame?

and also the cupboard in 2nd pic, hw much is that?

thanks...