Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angel81

Angel's Heaven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Angel, can check with you what is the interest Maybank charging?

Hi ponytail!

Attached is the link for the interest rate

Hope it helps!

WHOHOOO Excited?

Confirm man! Hehehe... Went to the house yesterday with my contractor to confirm what's needed and what's not. Then he crossed out those to be hacked, and put a tick on those items to keep. So much fun to say this hack and that hack! :dancingqueen:

i think she shd be too excited to sleep tonight. The 'big day' is tmr!!

Congrats!! Finally starting reno! :dancingqueen:

Hwee hwee hwee! The 'big day' part sounds like it's my wedding like that! :P

Didn't take leave today, cuz it's just hacking for 3 days starting from today. Will take leave to see the tiling works, which my contractor estimate to be around Thursday. :notti:

D-Day!

Finally! :dancingqueen: Wonder if the workers reach my place already anot.

Before D-Day Pics

Wonder how is the hacking coming along. Really wanted to take leave to see see. But decided against it. So we'll be going down in the evening after work to take a look at the progress.

Meanwhile, some pics before hacking that were taken yesterday.

P2080582.jpg

Renovation Permit

P2080576.jpgP2080577.jpg

Stuff to hack/keep :D The dark brown tiles (left pic) will be hacked by hand tomorrow or Wed

P2080579.jpg

A huge cross on the false ceiling! Contractor had to jump up twice to make the cross! :P

Edited by Angel81

Chosen Laminates

Hopefully they will look nice! :P

P2080561.jpg

Foyer & Balcony

P2080562.jpgP2080570.jpg

Kitchen & Wash Area

P2080564.jpg

Common Toilet Vanity

P2080559.jpgP2080557.jpg

MBR Wardrobe & Chest of Drawers

P2080556.jpg

MBR Toilet Vanity

My ILs are thinking of using the same laminates for their wardrobe as what I have chosen for mine. :( But most likely we'll ask them to choose others.

ooh..from which laminate company? the glacier grey stripes really looks very good...for the warm white one...i think lamitak white super glossy would look even more better?

Something Not Related..

*Bleah* Just can't resist when I saw the pic while reading online news. That block of flat is my flat! :P Can even see my balcony windows.. So cool :P

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../407689/1/.html

My ILs are thinking of using the same laminates for their wardrobe as what I have chosen for mine. :( But most likely we'll ask them to choose others.

So bad, u don let your IL's to use the same lamination as you :notti:

So,both of u have same taste can live amicably under the same roof! :good:

Wow!u took the lamination from Yeak's book ah?! :sport-smiley-003:

*Bleah* Don't really like them copying ours leh. :P I like things to be different, so that each room feels different. Haha.. same taste may not mean happy under one roof leh. Hahahaha!

But yupz, just used Yeak's books to choose loh. I wanted to go Formica or Tak at first, to see if there are any other nice ones. But since can find those that we like in the 3 books, we decided to make do loh.

ooh..from which laminate company? the glacier grey stripes really looks very good...for the warm white one...i think lamitak white super glossy would look even more better?

Yoz! I chose from Jennings, EDL and Seng Lee. The glacier grey stripes should be from Jennings. Hee.. I also wanted a white laminate that is super glossy, and saw one in one of the books. But the super glossy one is only 0.8mm thick, while the one that I chose is 1mm thick. I read that a thicker glossy laminate will reduce wavy-ness. That's why I decided on this one loh. :) I'll rather have slightly less gloss than to have super gloss and a wavy cabinet. :P Hope I made the right choice though.

Edited by Angel81

red & white kitchen ah? Very striking! which brand of laminate u took for ur white? i read from oogachaga's t-blog that EDL white wun turn yellow n less waviness.

wow!u very details hor?!i never bother about the thickness!too many things to focus in reno liao!

your lamination choose is nice!Is it from year 2009 series?!

Red & white lamination for kitchen?!very striking combination!!!

gotta choose carefully on your wall tiles to match it!!!

The Glacier grey lamination is nice lei!!!year 2009 series!?

how come i never see it when i was there!? :jawdrop:

Haha, must be cuz u were in a hurry rite? I asked for the laminate sample books to bring home before CNY. And I only returned them to him yesterday. So can see how many days I have to pore over the books and select. :P Yupz, most of them are from 08/09 series.

Some forumners adviced not to have too much red in kitchen, cuz of fengshui. I did think of changing them, but decided to stick to my selections. Hopefully we'll quarrel in the kitchen and make up in the MBR (it'll be purple in colour for love & romance). :notti:

Hehe, the glacier grey one should be on the same page as the laminate u chose for ur tv console. Think ur's is abit bluish in colour izit, near the bottom of the page? Mine's right at the top left of the page loh. :)

red & white kitchen ah? Very striking! which brand of laminate u took for ur white? i read from oogachaga's t-blog that EDL white wun turn yellow n less waviness.

Yupz, red & white. We love the combi from the start of our house hunting (last yr April). I think I chose Jennings white leh. Really won't turn yellow arh?! Like that I have to ask my contractor about it and change it liao! hehehee... Still got time to change since the design of the carpentry have not confirm yet. :) Thanks for the info! :yamseng:

Edited by Angel81

i using the white gloss from lamitak..the thin one..so far its one of the laminate i am very happy with..no sign of waviness and really look very modern..i also have one from seng lee..that one i regret..feels like the quality aren't really that good...but thats just my opinion..hehe..

i using the white gloss from lamitak..the thin one..so far its one of the laminate i am very happy with..no sign of waviness and really look very modern..i also have one from seng lee..that one i regret..feels like the quality aren't really that good...but thats just my opinion..hehe..

Hee.. Then heng I didn't like any of the laminates from Seng Lee. Hehehe..

Did u choose any laminates from Jennings? Are they good? I think most of my laminates are from Jennings. Hmm.. Now got 2 pax who say that Tak is good. Maybe I should check it out. hehe. Thanks for the info!

Wah I like your laminates.. esp the woody ones.. red and white kitchen will look cool!

Hee.. Thanks thanks! I hope that the choices will turn out fine. :)