Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
merryman

Pig Sty

yah man. i understand your stress. When i did my first flat also no budget.. take reno loan. I guess if u ever need to prioritize the most important part will be the flooring
true lor :D have to see the quotes before deciding... my wife also don't want to spend too much de if possible.. cuz budget tight...

think uncle charge me $400plus.. for the shoe cabinets.. i hv to go back and refer... we did very minimal carpentry ... kitchen/shoe cabinet/wadrobe.. :P alrady... 30k.. majority goes to.. 1) hacking/rebuilt new walls/rewiring/plastering/ Lbox-cove lights/ dan followed by carpentryz
at least i'm going to skip wardrobe... heehee... wow, i think i will have some hacking, rewiring, boxing of gas pipe etc... should be quite some sum too..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

actually hacking and all is a big bulk from my bill...

if can save on flooring I could have done more things :) I wonder if I can do my stairs after a year...wana change to glass :P

agree with you also... just that money is a bit tied down while preparing for marriage at the same time... otherwise, who doesnt want to have a beautiful house :D

Hi merryman,

Same same with us, also trying to keep to the budget with the wedding stuff coming. We most likely doing those false ceiling, mainly due to scare got problem with the wiring in future, and also can save cost. :P

I just pm you the cost of the repair for the upstair toilet leaking. :D

merryman,

totally understand wat u going through. we're also thinking of having our wedding this year before we went hse hunting but once we found our hse decided to postpone our wedding, $$$ not enough.

Thanks Rasp for the information, I too prefer to get HDB to go talk to them, because I'm not very good in talking :o

Wah then it depends on your luck lor, which HDB officer they sent to you. my previous HDB officer bochap one, we went to downstairs to tok to our neighbours downstairs last time. then that fellow is mad 1!!! i still remembered he almost wanted to bang my door down, when we told him the HDB officer says, the pipe is chocked becoz of his 30 yrs never change plumbing pipe. then he dun believe and asked HDB to send him a letter. send letter oredi, then he ignore. HDB officer come 2nd time, he also nvr ans the door. dis pple huh......

U better have some goodies ready to stuff your neighbour's mouth first! keekeke

actually hacking and all is a big bulk from my bill...

if can save on flooring I could have done more things :) I wonder if I can do my stairs after a year...wana change to glass :P

hmmm, today an ID told me can overlay wall tiles in kitchen also... and flooring of course... walltiles also can overlay?!

i bot my flat last year and it is quite original.tats why the valuation consider quite low at 230k

opposite my block there is a unit that done up a year ago,actually can see from the reno blog here,haha..

his unit sold for 290k! :jawdrop:

but in the end some just do a complete overhaul, so depends lar... what we always read, 'one man's meat is another man's poison'...

Hi merryman,

Same same with us, also trying to keep to the budget with the wedding stuff coming. We most likely doing those false ceiling, mainly due to scare got problem with the wiring in future, and also can save cost. :P

I just pm you the cost of the repair for the upstair toilet leaking. :D

false ceiling costly wor... haha...

merryman,

totally understand wat u going through. we're also thinking of having our wedding this year before we went hse hunting but once we found our hse decided to postpone our wedding, $$$ not enough.

ooo, save as long as you can, I'm still having the big bills to worry, actual day dinner, renovation, rest of bridal shop bill :D

Wah then it depends on your luck lor, which HDB officer they sent to you. my previous HDB officer bochap one, we went to downstairs to tok to our neighbours downstairs last time. then that fellow is mad 1!!! i still remembered he almost wanted to bang my door down, when we told him the HDB officer says, the pipe is chocked becoz of his 30 yrs never change plumbing pipe. then he dun believe and asked HDB to send him a letter. send letter oredi, then he ignore. HDB officer come 2nd time, he also nvr ans the door. dis pple huh......

U better have some goodies ready to stuff your neighbour's mouth first! keekeke

hmmm, goodies? aiyo, i dunno what they will like leh... hopefully i have better luck...

same here...we're getting married end of this year. to make it worse, there'll be banquet in both singapore and malaysia. vomit blood 2 times. haiz..

same here...we're getting married end of this year. to make it worse, there'll be banquet in both singapore and malaysia. vomit blood 2 times. haiz..

wow, that's really vomitting blood, but how many tables you'll have in all? Maybe it's just take more time instead and not really additional cost? I don't know... I remember for my friend, all her relatives came over from Malaysia...

wow, that's really vomitting blood, but how many tables you'll have in all? Maybe it's just take more time instead and not really additional cost? I don't know... I remember for my friend, all her relatives came over from Malaysia...

Malaysia + Singapore = abt 60 tables. haiz....................

i give u a tips!

Do lamination on the bedroom and living,cost around $2k

don do carpentry just do the kitchen cabinet.

paint yourself and don do false ceiling.

buy some ready made furniture! :P

haha, exactly what I intend to do... painting i have to consider if it is good to do on my own... my paint work might not make it :D

Malaysia + Singapore = abt 60 tables. haiz....................
wow... SIXTY? I'm having less than 1/2 of what you're going to throw... hope Malaysia tables cost cheaper... jia you

Dun be stress up merryman.

I believe alot of people is going thru the same process as u. I am getting married next year Jan, reno now, banquet,bridal...all abt $$$....see how the $$ drain also heart pain...in same boat.

I think just try to do what we can ba. Of cos everyone hope to have everything nice(me also)...but do within our mean...there a chnace that we may move to 2nd,3rd house etc...by then if got the budget...then can have whatever we want liao.:)

I believe alot of people is going thru the same process as u. I am getting married next year Jan, reno now, banquet,bridal...all abt $$$....see how the $$ drain also heart pain...in same boat.

I think just try to do what we can ba. Of cos everyone hope to have everything nice(me also)...but do within our mean...there a chnace that we may move to 2nd,3rd house etc...by then if got the budget...then can have whatever we want liao.:)

yea..totally agree..if really think that u are a bit tight, do those necessary stuff first. the rest can come in later after u get married :D we are doing the same thing as well ;)

true lar, cuz my wife and I don't intend to take up too much loan for renovation...

besides, never know when a 32 year old flat will be en bloc, and also not sure if we want to stay more than 5 years

which bridal did you choose? I kapo lar... haha :D restaurant/hotel?

yea..totally agree..if really think that u are a bit tight, do those necessary stuff first. the rest can come in later after u get married :D we are doing the same thing as well ;)

I think also because I'm doing part time studies, the additional expenses and time for that is going to be a burden after August...

haha, kitchen and toilets are major, bedrooms also cannot don't do, aiyo, what is considered minor?

true lar, cuz my wife and I don't intend to take up too much loan for renovation...

besides, never know when a 32 year old flat will be en bloc, and also not sure if we want to stay more than 5 years

which bridal did you choose? I kapo lar... haha :D restaurant/hotel?

I tot resales got to stay for 5 years if u are taking the grant?:)

I choose Dawn's wedding cos PD love their photo alot and holding banquet at Grand Coprthrone.....how abt u?:D