Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
merryman

Pig Sty

a question... today i received a call from an ID and told me that my agent XXX gave her my contact but my (property) agent's name is not XXX leh. My friend with the name XXX cannot confirm if it is his friend's assistant as he was trying to recommend me a guy. So, anything, allow the person some time to meet up this coming thursday...

anyone has such weird encounters before?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
agent/id friends always work together closely,after someone bot the house

they would go "extra-miles" to recommend u the so called ID and

give special discount.

During my house viewing,when i am not satisfied with certain house layout,the agent would say..

well,no problem on reno lah,i recommend u my friend ID,can help u to revamp everything nicely....

:bleah:

lolz... they even told me wrong name leh... anyway, i didn't quite like my agent :D

i think i will watch out for things from this person...

Hi merryman,

My mbr toilet also have leaking from the upside unit just few months ago. We called the HDB officer in and he went upstair to assess the unit. My hb was the one around and he followed the hdb officer upside. The result was the upstair unit's waterproofing gone due to wear and tear, so they need to redo their waterproofing. Yes, its 50%-50%. And if you want to claim further, you can go to the MP for this unit (recommended by the HDB officer). They have a fund (i think its call goodwill fund or something) which can help you pay another 50% from your share.

On the whole, its quite hassle-free except for the part where we have to wait to see the MP.

I cant remember the exact cost, think less than 200. The documents are at home. I can check with HB for you.

My personal preference is.. its better for the HDB to look for your neighbour, rather than you go upside yourself. :D

Hi merryman,

My mbr toilet also have leaking from the upside unit just few months ago. We called the HDB officer in and he went upstair to assess the unit. My hb was the one around and he followed the hdb officer upside. The result was the upstair unit's waterproofing gone due to wear and tear, so they need to redo their waterproofing. Yes, its 50%-50%. And if you want to claim further, you can go to the MP for this unit (recommended by the HDB officer). They have a fund (i think its call goodwill fund or something) which can help you pay another 50% from your share.

On the whole, its quite hassle-free except for the part where we have to wait to see the MP.

I cant remember the exact cost, think less than 200. The documents are at home. I can check with HB for you.

My personal preference is.. its better for the HDB to look for your neighbour, rather than you go upside yourself. :D

Thanks Rasp for the information, I too prefer to get HDB to go talk to them, because I'm not very good in talking :o

wahhh merryman, the current condition looks very original and the kitchen cabinet looks super retro lor. hahah guess you'll need a total overhaul for your place.

wahhh merryman, the current condition looks very original and the kitchen cabinet looks super retro lor. hahah guess you'll need a total overhaul for your place.

haha... ya, very original...

haiz, complete overhaul? pocket drying up liao...

haha... ya, very original...

haiz, complete overhaul? pocket drying up liao...

then hor do flooring and give it a fresh coat of paint plus kitchen cabinet first. The rest of carpentry can do later.

sigh... most of us here same same lah... after buy house do reno.. all will auto slim now cos eat grass.. no need to go slimming centre liao...

then hor do flooring and give it a fresh coat of paint plus kitchen cabinet first. The rest of carpentry can do later.

sigh... most of us here same same lah... after buy house do reno.. all will auto slim now cos eat grass.. no need to go slimming centre liao...

haha, when i stress, i'll eat/binge :D

actually only carpentry thinking of doing is kitchen cabinet, don't intend to do more carpentry than that... maybe a shoe cabinet (haha, tempted by xvirus-ivy) if can afford

but yea, still waiting for quotes... haiz, maybe shouldn't have take a break last week after exams, the quotes are not coming in yet :(

but i've yet to call every contact, so I'll do that soon...

its better to do now than later when u have move in lor,

call it blessing that the previous owner didnt do much and u can choose to design ur dream house!

and also because due to this condition the valuation is lower than those that have reno the place,

so i would says,its still worthwhile to paste some $$ on the ceiling,wall and floor to live in comfortably.

haha

haha, in a way lucky, but of course renovation uses hard cash while those with higher valuation and better condition uses cpf, unless the person buying intends to do a complete overhaul too... haha...

actually only carpentry thinking of doing is kitchen cabinet, don't intend to do more carpentry than that... maybe a shoe cabinet (haha, tempted by xvirus-ivy) if can afford

but yea, still waiting for quotes... haiz, maybe shouldn't have take a break last week after exams, the quotes are not coming in yet :(

somehow i find fabrating a shoe cabinet is more economical than buying. Those ready made ones, very difficult to find a nice design and if u ever find a nice one it will not be cheap. good decision!

Don't be too hard on yourself. The reno process will be long and tiring, so the break is a well deserve one before u embark on ur reno. Probably need to ring them up to chase them a bit.

haha, in a way lucky, but of course renovation uses hard cash while those with higher valuation and better condition uses cpf, unless the person buying intends to do a complete overhaul too... haha...

I agree with Rondy leh... if I can be given a chance again hor i will go hunt for lok lok unit and do overhaul... sigh... while hunting for current flat the moment we step into a lok lok one we immediately write it off... then we come across this current unit, like it a lot and it was pretty well maintain... ended up also strip everything off after we pay the COV.... chey... money down the drain...

somehow i find fabrating a shoe cabinet is more economical than buying. Those ready made ones, very difficult to find a nice design and if u ever find a nice one it will not be cheap. good decision!

Don't be too hard on yourself. The reno process will be long and tiring, so the break is a well deserve one before u embark on ur reno. Probably need to ring them up to chase them a bit.

That's my thought about shoe cabinet... at least with a carpented shoe cabinet, I can design it to my liking :D but still KIV for the moment :D

thanks, did need that break, my brains were getting overfried :P... meeting one id today and another on thursday (weird contact, see post above), waiting for some quotes to come and have a few more contacts to call... hope i get some quotes to compare soon

I agree with Rondy leh... if I can be given a chance again hor i will go hunt for lok lok unit and do overhaul... sigh... while hunting for current flat the moment we step into a lok lok one we immediately write it off... then we come across this current unit, like it a lot and it was pretty well maintain... ended up also strip everything off after we pay the COV.... chey... money down the drain...

agree with you also... just that money is a bit tied down while preparing for marriage at the same time... otherwise, who doesnt want to have a beautiful house :D

agree with you also... just that money is a bit tied down while preparing for marriage at the same time... otherwise, who doesnt want to have a beautiful house :D

yah man. i understand your stress. When i did my first flat also no budget.. take reno loan. I guess if u ever need to prioritize the most important part will be the flooring

think uncle charge me $400plus.. for the shoe cabinets.. i hv to go back and refer... we did very minimal carpentry ... kitchen/shoe cabinet/wadrobe.. :P alrady... 30k.. majority goes to.. 1) hacking/rebuilt new walls/rewiring/plastering/ Lbox-cove lights/ dan followed by carpentryz