Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
merryman

Pig Sty

just gotten a quotation... 30k :o but contractor never bother what I emailed him leh, only gave me their standard package :( Maybe I have to take out what I don't need and see if I can get the price down..

you mentioned that the contractor never bother what you emailed him. Do you think this is acceptable? If I were you, I would reconsider this contractor already. Now he can don’t bother what you email him, can you imagine what might happen in the future? Especially rectifications?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
you mentioned that the contractor never bother what you emailed him. Do you think this is acceptable? If I were you, I would reconsider this contractor already. Now he can don’t bother what you email him, can you imagine what might happen in the future? Especially rectifications?

totally agree...unless the design n price really is what you want...then maybe will wait be...if not i am sure others can offer..:)

actually i reread and he might or might not have for most of it... but for the carpentry works, he definitely 'ignored' what I've requested... maybe i wrote to be confirmed? But I did send the 2D layout of what I want the place to be so he could have seen it...

I am reconsidering this contractor after viewing the prices and what other people who have used him have commented. Definitely costlier but quality of work may be there. After HO retification service wasn't very prom as read in one t-blog?! But of course, I'm hoping for more quotes to get in.

totally agree...unless the design n price really is what you want...then maybe will wait be...if not i am sure others can offer..:)

yea, still waiting for other offers...

Edited by merryman

if u still have time, try shopping around. ask for more quotes and compare again.

i am sure u will reach one that u can work well with :)

if u still have time, try shopping around. ask for more quotes and compare again.

i am sure u will reach one that u can work well with :)

definitely will be doing that... have a few more numbers to call :D just that I dislike making such calls... haha... oh well... have to overcome this..

definitely will be doing that... have a few more numbers to call :D just that I dislike making such calls... haha... oh well... have to overcome this..

tiring to keep repeating hor? i "pissed" many off when i list my works and told them budget only 35k wahaha....of cos can't tell them full budget else they quote me high high :P

tiring to keep repeating hor? i "pissed" many off when i list my works and told them budget only 35k wahaha....of cos can't tell them full budget else they quote me high high :P

hahaha, and imagine me telling them my budget... think they'll slam the phone down :P

in times like that, so long have biz that u can make a little profit is good already...unless they all eat gold-coated peanuts then another story :P

in times like that, so long have biz that u can make a little profit is good already...unless they all eat gold-coated peanuts then another story :P

haha, maybe they just don't want to spend time on small projects... i know at least 2 more quotes will be coming in, soon I hope... and I'll call a few more people... :D crossing my fingers, toes, intestines :P

you must call...email...call..email......until prince charming or princess appear!

and you will utimately find he/she click well with you. :dribble:

Then, you can tell him; "you are the one" My house will be your trophy, please handle with love. :sport-smiley-004:

I also call and email few....and standard qn...they ask me what is your budget...and they will :jawdrop: for the wrong reasons.

you must call...email...call..email......until prince charming or princess appear!

and you will utimately find he/she click well with you. :dribble:

Then, you can tell him; "you are the one" My house will be your trophy, please handle with love. :sport-smiley-004:

I also call and email few....and standard qn...they ask me what is your budget...and they will :jawdrop: for the wrong reasons.

lolz... i better be careful telling that to a 'princess' :P

haha, maybe they just don't want to spend time on small projects... i know at least 2 more quotes will be coming in, soon I hope... and I'll call a few more people... :D crossing my fingers, toes, intestines :P

can give a call to my contractor lor, i have pm u his contract. his price very competitive but not sure of his workmanship cos work not started yet.

can give a call to my contractor lor, i have pm u his contract. his price very competitive but not sure of his workmanship cos work not started yet.

yea, your contractor is one of those i've yet to call :D Thanks for the number wo...

Hi Merryman,

What I did was.. i emailed 1) my floorplan, 2) an edited floorplan (that show the layout) and 3) the items list (by line with the dimension e.g. 4ft full height cabinet **** room, just like those quotation that we see) that I want to do.

Afew who get back to me are pretty good at quoting me. Most of them told me that they roughly know what I wanted and they are able to quote the tiling and hacking based on the calculation using the floorplan. But to be real precise, they will come down to measure the place before they confirm the pricing but usually the prices are quite close.

There are some who still insist on meeting up before giving a quote as they want to confirm some items on the layout or they want to give alternatives suggestions to some areas.

The whole process is pretty tiring to keep meeting up with those renovators. Do keep your spirits high~! Jia you~! :D

Hi Merryman,

What I did was.. i emailed 1) my floorplan, 2) an edited floorplan (that show the layout) and 3) the items list (by line with the dimension e.g. 4ft full height cabinet **** room, just like those quotation that we see) that I want to do.

Afew who get back to me are pretty good at quoting me. Most of them told me that they roughly know what I wanted and they are able to quote the tiling and hacking based on the calculation using the floorplan. But to be real precise, they will come down to measure the place before they confirm the pricing but usually the prices are quite close.

There are some who still insist on meeting up before giving a quote as they want to confirm some items on the layout or they want to give alternatives suggestions to some areas.

The whole process is pretty tiring to keep meeting up with those renovators. Do keep your spirits high~! Jia you~! :D

thanks Rasp, I hope I can get my contractor before my exam results are out as that will mean another term of studies le... less time to run away to look for contractors... I actually have my layouts (in post1) sent to them too and in words some things I want done and some things KIV (for them to quote and I'll see if I want done)... hope more get back to me..

Edited by merryman