Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
merryman

Pig Sty

i think hdb will ask them to share the cost... hopefully can resolved it... upstairs neighbours seem to be chinese (sneaked up there before), but probably older generation, think they wont want to renovate willingly de... maybe i'll ask IDs/contractors for their advice if and when they see my unit...

yeah you can call to HDB. they will ask their officer to access the problem and they will most probably check upstairs too. anyway, most old AMK flats are like dat. but your crystallied part, looks **** scary! better solve it quickly leh, or else next time you staying there, got problems.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
mm...how abt going to the family upstair first? esp since u guys are going to be neighbours, personally i think that shd try to resolve this issue btw both families first ;)
good advice but just wonder what will hapen if he refuses... then go hdb is like finding authorities to go after him... have to play it right... haiz

yeah you can call to HDB. they will ask their officer to access the problem and they will most probably check upstairs too. anyway, most old AMK flats are like dat. but your crystallied part, looks **** scary! better solve it quickly leh, or else next time you staying there, got problems.
haha, i itchy hand went to touch two of them and they broke leh... scary sia..

i think u can make queries with the HDB.

they will assist u accordingly as they surely have encounter such problem before.

See what is the action to be taken first.

I remember my brother told me NEVER to buy such flat when u can see patches of water on top of the ceiling.

as its a long time problem that would never resolve unless upstair redo the water-proofing once again.

However,Some house owner in fact knows about it and before market for the house,they will coat a new paint on the ceiling,

so,before buying a house,this is one of the things to look out for.

I remembered my friends did his renovation,everything nicely done up but after months of staying,the ceiling of the toilet stains appear! :bangwall:

yalor... scary... haiz... i've emailed hdb le, will see what they reply

i rembr something like 50-50% cost for you and upstairs neigbhr. FIL's place had the same problem with his ceiling, the neighbr settled the leakage, but FIL also had to pay part of the cost.

as what i know its upstair water-proofing problem lor.hard to tackle this problem ,cos they need to hack the floor tiles

to resolve the problem,and if they are staying-in already,they can just ignore isnt it? :unsure:

As for your cabinet,so little only,i am sure the ID would remove it for u FOC lah!

yalor, and they should be the older generation, dunno will spend their coffin money on this kind of things anot...

i rembr something like 50-50% cost for you and upstairs neigbhr. FIL's place had the same problem with his ceiling, the neighbr settled the leakage, but FIL also had to pay part of the cost.
how much did he pay? I wonder how much it is...

Hi Merryman

wow, your house is in its very ORIGINAL state indeed. someting like mine. my advise is to do an overhaul, esp pipes and electrical, and water proofing your toilets to reduce your worries in future. we dedided its safer to change the neccessities as we do not know how long its been that condition, and for safety precautions. you can work out ur sums first, and calculate the more essenstial ones, remb to see if you like to include plastering of your walls, (they are normally not included in the quotes).

my mum had the same problem with the toilets too, we had to pay 50-50 with the neighbour downstairs.

Hi Merryman

wow, your house is in its very ORIGINAL state indeed. someting like mine. my advise is to do an overhaul, esp pipes and electrical, and water proofing your toilets to reduce your worries in future. we dedided its safer to change the neccessities as we do not know how long its been that condition, and for safety precautions. you can work out ur sums first, and calculate the more essenstial ones, remb to see if you like to include plastering of your walls, (they are normally not included in the quotes).

my mum had the same problem with the toilets too, we had to pay 50-50 with the neighbour downstairs.

how much was it for your mum?

i think my house is fully plastered le... except for kitchen... the rest of the rooms' walls looked fairly smooth to me

think if u complain to hdb, they'll get their contractors down to do it. best to call hdb to find out details first before u approach your neighbours, so u know what options you have e.g cost of repairs...

think if u complain to hdb, they'll get their contractors down to do it. best to call hdb to find out details first before u approach your neighbours, so u know what options you have e.g cost of repairs...

i've emailed my amk officers to check with them le, waiting for their feedback. even attached the photos... lol

how much did he pay? I wonder how much it is...

i dunno exactly how much, but not more than $200 if i recall correctly. i think its like wat cannotisit mentioned, HDB will send their contractor to fix the waterproofing at your neighbour's place and bill both party accordingly.

i dunno exactly how much, but not more than $200 if i recall correctly. i think its like wat cannotisit mentioned, HDB will send their contractor to fix the waterproofing at your neighbour's place and bill both party accordingly.

ooo, then not so bad lar... :D thanks