Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

U know those price tags on gifts we buy, I have seen a salesman using a lighter to sort of heating the tag very quickly and peel off. Initially when I saw him taking out the lighter, i was :unsure: . I tot why he needs a lighter to wrap present?

The tag came off nicely but with our furnitures, better try with cautious.

Err.. don't think will try that. Might end up burning fingers, or setting the item that we just bought on fire! Woooossssh..... hahahaha.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i jus realised last nite that if i put an excessive amount of the goo gone then the glue stains come off easier. we might be too stingy with the amount used :P

anyway, am progressing lah, jus lamenting why i wanted to save the money in the first place. shd jus spend and be relieve of the pains of labour....haiz...

the melamine sponge, yes, i bought from daiso too. but wun use it first. after clean the stain out then will use that to polish the window glass. dun waste a good sponge cos the glue will render it useless within a few swipes. i tried it with the scouring sponge and this was wat happened!

thanks gals_mama & lachesis, yeah 2 more days to move in and the horror of unpacking.....

sgnick, yeah good luck in the shift too!

u know, i have been thinking, would a steam cleaner help in the removing of the stain? i apply to goo gone then steam the window....glue might react better...what u think, guys? :unsure: cos i was thinking before this to buy the advante beetle for steaming my carpet and DIY aircon cleaning... but was putting off to a later date after we move. If it might work, I might bring forward the buy....:unsure:

Edited by samgalz

Cannot get message across their thick brain.... hope everything is going to be smooth. anyway, if they still come at 1pm then I am going to :fire: at them and Eric. They can bloody well wait at the door until my hubby is there. :bleah:
yayayaya, they ALWAYS like to bring forward appt time. i dunno vomit blood how many times alr. maybe tt's y i getting anaemic!!

I bought a bottle of "Goo Gone". So far it is working ok lah and no nasty smell (major point!) but the effort to remove is still required....haiz....
goo gone u got to leave it there for a while lor, i like using it also for all the sticky residue stains.

shoe cabinet not enough arh, haha buy another same one and stack on top!! :X

Sammy-jie, can I ask ....

do you know where i can go to do frame for pics?

I just bought 2nd hand picture yesterday and want to change the outdated frame.

Went to hougang B1, was quoted $104 just to replace the frame :(

i jus realised last nite that if i put an excessive amount of the goo gone then the glue stains come off easier. we might be too stingy with the amount used :P

anyway, am progressing lah, jus lamenting why i wanted to save the money in the first place. shd jus spend and be relieve of the pains of labour....haiz...

the melamine sponge, yes, i bought from daiso too. but wun use it first. after clean the stain out then will use that to polish the window glass. dun waste a good sponge cos the glue will render it useless within a few swipes. i tried it with the scouring sponge and this was wat happened!

thanks gals_mama & lachesis, yeah 2 more days to move in and the horror of unpacking.....

u know, i have been thinking, would a steam cleaner help in the removing of the stain? i apply to goo gone then steam the window....glue might react better...what u think, guys? :unsure: cos i was thinking before this to buy the advante beetle for steaming my carpet and DIY aircon cleaning... but was putting off to a later date after we move. If it might work, I might bring forward the buy....:unsure:

Sam if I'm mistaken I saw on HGTV you have to put ice on the glue to come off, not heat, coz heat will just melt the glue and make it harder to take off.

how big is your frame? can buy those ready made ones from ikea?

My painting is this one http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32690 (L97cm x H66cm)

I think need to dismantle from the original frame, etc.

Not sure how to do it, so thinking to get an expert for the job.

hmmm think that's a good idea. I used to use someone in Geylang but I think she's closed down now. My colleague recommends this place in Bukit Merah, near the Alexandra village, she said very reasonable.

upper paya lebar (somewhere near Diamond) those one storey shophouses there hv one shop....dunno name dunno shop unit but there is a bus stop jus infront of it and a overhead bridge nearby....it's near my office and I happen to see it when taking bus home....

also heard roxy square also hv...also dunno price.

hope this helps...

Edited by samgalz

Thanks! Love it too, we took a huge risk when we decided to order via catalogue sales with Hommage and so far the quality and looks of the items have met up with our expectations. Though there is still one wardrobe pending which Eric initially missed out on arranging delivery as it is being delivered by supplier. Had a very frustrating tel-con this afternoon with the girl working with the supplier. Earlier on Monday, hubby arranged with the supplier to send this Thurs btw 2-4pm....guy say ok...fine, settled.

Hihi SamGalz,

Need advice from you..haha So the furniture is delivered by their supplier instead of Hommage? I've also ordered a dining table from them that would arrive on 3/8/10. Hope there's no more hiccups from them like the first dining table that i ordered from them.

Anyone has any idea where i can get study room chairs? those with back rest and wheels de...i saw some from IKEA...but duno if they are durable enough or not.

upper paya lebar (somewhere near Diamond) those one storey shophouses there hv one shop....dunno name dunno shop unit but there is a bus stop jus infront of it and a overhead bridge nearby....it's near my office and I happen to see it when taking bus home....

hope this helps...

Do you have the address of the upper paya lebar one?

roxy square is a bit far from sengkang :)

hope this helps...

hmm.. working near upper paya lebar? Near Lush or Fujifilm? hee.. we might be working very near each other wor..

u know, i have been thinking, would a steam cleaner help in the removing of the stain? i apply to goo gone then steam the window....glue might react better...what u think, guys? :unsure: cos i was thinking before this to buy the advante beetle for steaming my carpet and DIY aircon cleaning... but was putting off to a later date after we move. If it might work, I might bring forward the buy....:unsure

Wow Samgalz, congrat to you that your reno is coming to an end. Another hurdle is all the cleaning and unpacking

but after that can relax liao. :dancingqueen:

I wonder whether the steam cleaner is good especially the robot type that being mentioned in last Sunday times?

Do you have the address of the upper paya lebar one?

roxy square is a bit far from sengkang :)

I think parkway got a shuttle bus to sengkang. Roxy sq is just opp parkway. :sport-smiley-004:

Hihi SamGalz,

Need advice from you..haha So the furniture is delivered by their supplier instead of Hommage? I've also ordered a dining table from them that would arrive on 3/8/10. Hope there's no more hiccups from them like the first dining table that i ordered from them.

Anyone has any idea where i can get study room chairs? those with back rest and wheels de...i saw some from IKEA...but duno if they are durable enough or not.

mahjongace, according to Charles the delivery guy by Hommage. some items that dun require long installation time they will send, some complicated ones like my wardrobe will be delivered by supplier. So ur dining table by rite shd be by hommage lah. What happen to ur first dining table?

Hihi SamGalz,

Can go vhive, i got mine $259 or ard that price. high back.