Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
friends78

王俯: The Wong's Family @ Boon Keng

The day to the HO is coming nearer. Mixed feelings. Excited yet sad. Excited that our dream house is coming to reality... Sad is because we will need to do a lot of housework if we were to move. Staying with inlaws have many plus points. No housework.. Breakfast and Dinner well taken care... (thou my FIL's cooking sucks, but it's still healthy home-cooked food). Wonder how we are going to manage if we need to spare 1 day for mopping, sweeping and cleaning.. On top of all these, I still have laundry and ironing...

Hubby was commenting that we didn't really do much reno and Henry still needs 8 weeks to complete it and costs so much $$$. Well, his so-called 'never do much' includes hacking and re-doing everything... Painting, 2 toilets, 44 ft kitchen cabinet, 1 Island, 2 TV Consoles, 2 wardrobes, 1 Tall Cabinet and 1 Shoes cabinet. But the hse does look bare to us.... Hope no more 'empty' feeling when the furniture are in :D

That's alot to be done in 8weeks!

mine only floorings, painting, kitchen, MBR wardrobe, settee, MBR toilet vanity = 6 weeks lor.

:P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My kitchen doesn't look 44ft... I must use measuring tape to measure... in case Henry bluff me... Ha! Ha!

i suppose 44ft is top + bottom + island....?

mine only floorings, painting, kitchen, MBR wardrobe, settee, MBR toilet vanity = 6 weeks lor.

friends78, show this one to your hubby :lol:

friends78, show this one to your hubby :lol:

I know.. that means its 22ft for the bottom. my bottom is only 9ft leh... that is a big big different!!!!

my island is only 10ft but half for cabinet, although its double sided.

I know.. that means its 22ft for the bottom. my bottom is only 9ft leh... that is a big big different!!!!

my island is only 10ft but half for cabinet, although its double sided.

bottom cabinet only 9ft? maybe your kitchen very square and you don't have much cabinets that's why.... my bottom cabinet alone already 16 or 17 ft liao.

then i can't wait to see your place..... tomorrow is already friday!! hehehehe....

If u really come, u must keep my dining light a secret okie? Shhhhh........ Till now no one except for Simon (of cse) knows the final one we selected...

I only extra 1 wardrobe & 2 TV console niah leh....

Top & bottom = 44ft exclude island.....

bottom cabinet only 9ft? maybe your kitchen very square and you don't have much cabinets that's why.... my bottom cabinet alone already 16 or 17 ft liao.

Ya loh.... so small, right? i also cannot believe it.... making me worried whether i have enough space or not.

Yours is L shaped so looks small but actually quite big. hehehe...

If u really come, u must keep my dining light a secret okie? Shhhhh........ Till now no one except for Simon (of cse) knows the final one we selected...

Top & bottom = 44ft exclude island.....

sshhh..... i will pretend i didn't see the dining light. I am sure i will be so impressed with your 44ft cabinet that excl island.

Ya loh.... so small, right? i also cannot believe it.... making me worried whether i have enough space or not.

Yours is L shaped so looks small but actually quite big. hehehe...

yea my kitchen is long (one side is 20 ft), so cabinets also long...

if i had done cabinets on the opposite side as well (which i regretted not doing), it will be ~40 ft liao...

yea my kitchen is long (one side is 20 ft), so cabinets also long...

if i had done cabinets on the opposite side as well (which i regretted not doing), it will be ~40 ft liao...

sob sob :'( never mind... i will concentrate on my island instead.

Glass Sliding Doors up for both Masterbedroom Wardrobes:

Wardrobe 1 (6ft)

5557439103_7656a0698f.jpg

Wardrobe 2 (5ft)

5558022920_fcf78d109c.jpg

Err... realised that the frosted glass doors are a bit transparent... Need to keep the inside neat and tidy liao... Another extra work... Shd have made wood door instead... But glass door more swee leh... Anyway, can't change also...

Finally... everything is in! The mirror for the wardrobe is installed and the plumber came. My taps and bathroom accessories are in:) So now it's move-in condition. Pending are final check to be done by the Electrician, painting touch up and the final cleaning....

Overall quite a smooth journey... I think I might not have time to update for the next few days cos will be very busy with packing, cleaning... I will try to write my reviews on the Electrician, Carpentry, Solid surface, Tiler, Laminate flooring, plumber and of cse ID Note later hmm... maybe weeks later. Give me some time ok? Need to test the stuff for at least a few days... Now everything still okie.. the real test will be when I start using it....

Here are the photos taken today:

Mirror for wardrobe

5558089055_0cf6f03caf.jpg

Plumber at work (Quite a nice guy..I asked him to drill this and that including clothes hangers for the 3 Bedrooms and he kept saying no problem with a smile. He even enact scenes of bathing, doing big business to test out the accessiblity of the placement of the accessories which I have indicated earlier on and advised me to change accordingly)

5558089445_6b93395b9e.jpg

Kitchen tap

5558671330_2e2fd03b40.jpg

thanks, friends78!!! Thanks for letting me visit your flat.... it is beautiful, especially the kitchen. Maybe because i like to cook, so i like kitchens a lot.... and yours is big and pretty!! hahahha.....

and as for your dining lights.... ahheemm..... shall keep it a secret!! hahahaah..... :notti:

I agreed that your plumber is very friendly and nice. even though i was there for a while only, he always smile and willing to do whatever you ask. :good:

When my flat is ready, shall invite you over too...

thanks, friends78!!! Thanks for letting me visit your flat.... it is beautiful, especially the kitchen. Maybe because i like to cook, so i like kitchens a lot.... and yours is big and pretty!! hahahha.....

and as for your dining lights.... ahheemm..... shall keep it a secret!! hahahaah..... :notti:

I agreed that your plumber is very friendly and nice. even though i was there for a while only, he always smile and willing to do whatever you ask. :good:

When my flat is ready, shall invite you over too...

Aiyoh... I shd thank u instead. Thank u for making time to walk quite a distance to my place and staying inside a dusty and hot environment for quite a while... Looking forward for more meetups. Or when u moved, we have breakfast or lunch together!!! U r a great person to chit chat with!!!

Aiyoh... I shd thank u instead. Thank u for making time to walk quite a distance to my place and staying inside a dusty and hot environment for quite a while... Looking forward for more meetups. Or when u moved, we have breakfast or lunch together!!! U r a great person to chit chat with!!!

Whenever you like to try my cooking, let me know. i will cook for you... hehe... of course your hubby too. and your bro...