Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Lastly the coffee table, our choices must be wood and no metal as we basically love bend wood! :sport-smiley-004:

We saw this at first and found it unique.

Noguchi

IMG_0347.jpg

Can't recall the name. This support for this is sleek.

tablecoffee.jpg

Infinity and price of it is..... :jawdrop: Well i'm printing $$$$$, i would get this. It won a design award or something.

StefanoBigisdesignworks179041_495165396595_124906691595_6753154_3986631_n.jpg

StefanoBigisdesignworks10535_140756966595_124906691595_3142606_3368275_n.jpg

Eames plytable. We decided on this for two reasons. Safety comes somewhat first of not having a glass top. Secondly the round table matches the sofa inner curvature perfectly!

Having a raised surround, we won't have items rolling off(as if we putting marbles and balls) and water won't be dripping off the side onto the carpet.

Eames_Plywood_Co_4d30109f7ecd6.jpg

hi,

wow the coffee table look really so pretty..... :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Defelio,

Love the tables but as you say, for us at least, not practical with soon to be three kids running around.

Love the look of the sofa as well but I wonder how comfy it will be after sitting on it for some time. We have a 'Zen' style sofa with a low back but are looking to change as when watching movies or TV for long periods especially after work there is nowhere to rest my upper back or head. Saying that, I am quite tall.

Seriously love the TV. Looks so cool but Sony tend to be seriously priced as well.

The lounge chair looks ideal for me. As you say, white would become a grubby stain magnet I think but the black looks very nice.

Good luck on the reno, the 3Ds look great.

RB

Hi RimBlock, i have seen my nephew to be hitting his mouth on the edge of a glass table, heng the glass thick. Well if it tempered, it would be safer.

The sofa can accommodate 5 pax. It more for those ppl who like to to put their arms "up high" due to the curve. If a lounge chair for those moments of laying back and chilling loh =).

Ya agree with ya, it's well known that Sony price their stuffs higher comparing to the rest. Thanks to Renotalk, i got a from a member here at a great deal. Thanks Dreamhouse! :yamseng:

Hi Defelio,

your 3D looks really good! can't wait to see more of it. me and hubby will also not be having a feature wall in our living as we are planning to get NX720 55" which will be our center piece of attraction in the living room ;)

Hi Fairydust, :dribble: 55 NX720 !!! $5k+ Really chio center piece! Wait for the next IT fair bah can get a better deal.

I cannot throw all my $ to the TV =S as i getting a home theater system, the Mircopods SE from Scandyna.

8.jpg

Scandyna_Micropod_img03.jpg

SCA-8003306.jpg

hi,

wow the coffee table look really so pretty..... :)

Ya coffee table need slightly more attention, yours is really swee with those designer stools. Just be careful of the edges as you have gal gal liao. I also love the cupboard!!

IMG_1810.jpg

Hi RimBlock, i have seen my nephew to be hitting his mouth on the edge of a glass table, heng the glass thick. Well if it tempered, it would be safer.

Tempered is safer when it breaks but not stronger. tempered laminated is safer like car windscreens where there is a sheet of plastic between two sheets of tempered glass to hold the pieces if it shatters. As one of the forumers here was unlucky enough to find out, just because tempered glass shatter safer, it can still cause nasty injuries. I can imagine our kids slamming one of his metal cars on the table and it shattering. They are truly lovely to look at but, for us at least, not practical with young kids around.

Good job on the TV, love them but need ours wall mounted which I would imagine is difficult with this model without a small shelf or the like.

I see you are still on for the pods. Did you check the KEF out at all ?

RB

Hi Fairydust, :dribble: 55 NX720 !!! $5k+ Really chio center piece!

Plus you could get a great HD projector, 100" screen cables etc plus a 42"-50" lower end TV combined for the same price ;).

Nothing like watching movies or even TV on a 100" screen.

RB

Hi Defelio,

Welcome to RT! Really nice 3Ds you have there!

We have the same TV!! Mine is 46" and wall-mounted on the TV console feature - was just wondering if there's going to be a problem if I don't use the stand/soundbar that comes with it?? I've seen some people mount it with the stand and it looks awful.

Also lusted over the Noguchi coffee table but ended up with something really cookie-cutter instead. Practicality won over as I hate the sight of clutter and want somewhere I can place all the various remote controls. Really nice pieces you've picked - can't wait to see your purchases! Also, LURVE that sofa - how unconventional! I'm currently hating my sofa atm but shall not comment further - it only irks the perfectionist in me to no end.

The pods look fantastic! How is their performance? We got floorstanding ones so expect a lot of clutter and not much eye-candy~

Btw, I love the chair in white ;) Not so practical (oops grubby hands) but it looks GREAT!

- Ely

Tempered is safer when it breaks but not stronger. tempered laminated is safer like car windscreens where there is a sheet of plastic between two sheets of tempered glass to hold the pieces if it shatters. As one of the forumers here was unlucky enough to find out, just because tempered glass shatter safer, it can still cause nasty injuries. I can imagine our kids slamming one of his metal cars on the table and it shattering. They are truly lovely to look at but, for us at least, not practical with young kids around.

Good job on the TV, love them but need ours wall mounted which I would imagine is difficult with this model without a small shelf or the like.

I see you are still on for the pods. Did you check the KEF out at all ?

RB

Oh not stronger? I had a misconception of it being so due to the higher heat resistant it has. Thanks for the info =)

Ya had experience with my car glass being shattered haiz.. tempered but still alot (x 10)of bits and pieces of glasses to clear..

I got a problem with my center speaker placement, it can't be place on the table.. Sorely poking into the view of the tv.. :unsure:

Nope didn't go for the KEF, Missy is happy with the micro liao.

Hi Defelio,

Welcome to RT! Really nice 3Ds you have there!

We have the same TV!! Mine is 46" and wall-mounted on the TV console feature - was just wondering if there's going to be a problem if I don't use the stand/soundbar that comes with it?? I've seen some people mount it with the stand and it looks awful.

Also lusted over the Noguchi coffee table but ended up with something really cookie-cutter instead. Practicality won over as I hate the sight of clutter and want somewhere I can place all the various remote controls. Really nice pieces you've picked - can't wait to see your purchases! Also, LURVE that sofa - how unconventional! I'm currently hating my sofa atm but shall not comment further - it only irks the perfectionist in me to no end.

The pods look fantastic! How is their performance? We got floorstanding ones so expect a lot of clutter and not much eye-candy~

Btw, I love the chair in white ;) Not so practical (oops grubby hands) but it looks GREAT!

- Ely

Thanks Ely, ****, i thought it will look cool with the lay back stance on the mount. Well somehow Sony made it look so cool that i drop the idea of having a wall feature..

I thought of getting this for the remotes

cozy_RED.jpg

I haven't got the pods yet. That one gotta wait for reno to be done and tv console to be in.

White is very "Apple" like hor :dribble:

Oh not stronger? I had a misconception of it being so due to the higher heat resistant it has. Thanks for the info =)

Np, better informed than have a problem latter.

I got a problem with my center speaker placement, it can't be place on the table.. Sorely poking into the view of the tv.. :unsure:

Change your layout back to the TV is on the other wall again. I understood it to be on the short wall due to tv connections but why not just get them moved. With the tv on the other wall you should have more room to wall mount the speakers.

Nope didn't go for the KEF, Missy is happy with the micro liao.

Yeah, I hear you. Sometimes it is better just to keep the misses happy ;).

Rb

White is very "Apple" like hor :dribble:

Confirm that the plastic is anti UV treated or they could go yellow :o.

I like all the colours although not all at the same time in the same room..... that would be a bit crazy :D.

RB

Well for the the dining area, i would love to get this table due to interlocking design of the legs/support which is an eye pleaser but sadly out of our budget and we prefer to have a round table.

realetablebycarlomollinobyzanotta1.jpg

realetablebycarlomollinobyzanotta2.jpg

BUT hunting for a round table is a pain in the butt. Majority of the places carries square or rectangle dinning tables..

TulipTable.gif

It's Black or White,. Cheapest white one that i found from ikea but we seriously found it not stable at all..

IMG_0663.jpg

White with a wooden surface but will find a laminate with a larger wood grain print.

saarinen_dining_table_54_inch_walnut_top.jpg

Edited by Defelio

Confirm that the plastic is anti UV treated or they could go yellow :o.

I like all the colours although not all at the same time in the same room..... that would be a bit crazy :D.

RB

ya i guess so as it should be made out of fiber glass and coated with what you mentioned. It even come in PINK! >.<

Well if the place is design in those arty farty style, why not one of each! lol

As for the dining chairs, it will be 2 of each of these

P1070199.jpg

In different colour

AFrameChair.jpg

Edited by Defelio