Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Hi Defelio, love the stuff you've gotten so far and looking forward to more updates/ideas! I saw the Infinity Coffee Table at Marquis today and I absolutely love it. Unfortunately the price is really :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Lastly the coffee table, our choices must be wood and no metal as we basically love bend wood! :sport-smiley-004:

Infinity and price of it is..... :jawdrop: Well i'm printing $$$$$, i would get this. It won a design award or something.

StefanoBigisdesignworks179041_495165396595_124906691595_6753154_3986631_n.jpg

StefanoBigisdesignworks10535_140756966595_124906691595_3142606_3368275_n.jpg

Hi fairydust, you can see the Infinity Coffee Table from the Marquis Tai Seng showroom or Lifestorey at Great World City, but looks much better at Tai Seng cos of lighting i think.

can i know where are some of the places you find these coffee tables from?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It has been awhile since i updated this, well some of the kitchen appliance had been sent over, ikea stuffs like the sinks and store room GORM shelves.

Fujioh hood FX900, hob FG772SVGL and Bosch built in oven HBN331E2J. I prefer the looks of other hoods but this hood won me over due to this

Most hoods usually describe about how good their suction power is but hardly mentioned how well it ability to absorb/capture the fumes/oil moisture in the vapour itself. The FX900 got 83% of oil/fumes absorption rating with a "cup" to contain the oil. Having a open kitchen, this function/technology makes more for us to choose this.

photo10.jpg

The Gorm shelves which i DIY to install.. Tiring process which took me around 3 hours in total over 2 separate days as I ordered the extended height support another day. Also i need to reconfigure it as one of the lowest shelf was hitting the powerpoints sockets..

photo11.jpg

I couldn't show the finish pic as it's too dark with a non flashlight hp cam, I will take a photo of it over the weekend with a proper cam.

Well, the wirings for lightings, fan and speakers has been done up with some minor hiccups.

MY ID advised to install the fan direct to the ceiling instead of the false ceiling, hence a swap in orientation of the false ceilings as we wanted the ceiling fan to blow air towards the dining area.

Conceal wiring for the lovely fan. I will post a photo of this lovely after it is installed.

photo9.jpg

The minor hiccups. Doesn't it look weird? Looks like a worm sticking out of the wall. Well maybe I didn't made it clearly to the electrician, but since i wanted it conceal, i assume it should have a one-way gang box. No biggie, my ID will inform his electrician to amend it to a one way gang. The sound guy will install the socket plate the next time.

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

Edited by Defelio

hi fellow mid-century lover! :)

I lurve yr furniture selections.... and have been looking at similar ones too.. however... the $$$$$ of mid century pieces are always so dear..so they'll hv to wait for us. I wish I had the $ to ship bk the original pieces from overseas!

My husband and I will definately be looking forward to yr updates! :yamseng:

3D design of my MBR and kitchen with bar counter.

MasterBedroomwatermark.jpg

kitchenperspectivecopy.jpg

Hi Defelio,

very nice 3D pics you have here!

I like the colours and your choice of furniture - very contemporary and artistic.

I see that your master bedrm has a study table and chair at the end of the bed. You might like to view other jadespringers' houses first before proceeding to have a table there? A table is fine but coupled with the executive chair, there is hardly space for walking...for your consideration only. :)

Looking forward to more of your updates on reno!

Fr your fellow jadespringer~

hi fellow mid-century lover! :)

I lurve yr furniture selections.... and have been looking at similar ones too.. however... the $$$$$ of mid century pieces are always so dear..so they'll hv to wait for us. I wish I had the $ to ship bk the original pieces from overseas!

My husband and I will definately be looking forward to yr updates! :yamseng:

Thanks Frigginfuchsia :yamseng:

Hi Defelio,

very nice 3D pics you have here!

I like the colours and your choice of furniture - very contemporary and artistic.

I see that your master bedrm has a study table and chair at the end of the bed. You might like to view other jadespringers' houses first before proceeding to have a table there? A table is fine but coupled with the executive chair, there is hardly space for walking...for your consideration only. :)

Looking forward to more of your updates on reno!

Fr your fellow jadespringer~

Hi Iloverainydays, thank you and thanks for the tip. I just did a measurment on the floor plan, approximately 50cm-60cm of space from the chair to the bed, also depending how far we sit away from the desk.. Worst come to worst, there will be sufficient space for us to crab walk across. ;)

Edited by Defelio

Hi Iloverainydays, thank you and thanks for the tip. I just did a measurment on the floor plan, approximately 50cm-60cm of space from the chair to the bed, also depending how far we sit away from the desk.. Worst come to worst, there will be sufficient space for us to crab walk across. ;)

Hey Defelio, not sure if this is useful for reference.

ergonomics.jpg

Hey Defelio, not sure if this is useful for reference.

ergonomics.jpg

Wah!! Of course useful!! Really appreciate it mann :yamseng:

Ooh, like your ideas so far! We're also going for a mid-modern century look. At the moment still sourcing for IDs. :) Care to share who is your ID?

And where did u get your sofa?

Ever thought of extending your furniture search overseas? Saw quite a few vintage furniture shops in BKK, quite tempted to go there and check it out as well.

Ooh, like your ideas so far! We're also going for a mid-modern century look. At the moment still sourcing for IDs. :) Care to share who is your ID?

And where did u get your sofa?

Ever thought of extending your furniture search overseas? Saw quite a few vintage furniture shops in BKK, quite tempted to go there and check it out as well.

Hi Strikingreality, thank you. It is a fun and tiring process with those endless search for furnishing. My ID is Douglas from Fervor Design, you can contact him at 97707370. He will be overseas for the next 3 days but he said can still call him if got issues with my reno which hopefully dun't need to. :D

Wah you have found those vintage furniture shops at BKK? They should be able to ship it to you.

Maybe you can check Chic Republic next time you are there too. http://www.chicrepublicthai.com/

Hi Defelio

you have a nice 3D study area! May I ask where are you going to build the sockets for the study? will they be exposed or concealed? Thanks!

Hi Porpupine12trade, thank you. The power sockets are build under the table with a lobang to place 4-way gangs inside at the back of the table top. The red arrows indicate where the cables will be run through.

Pardon my lousy mouse/trackpad drawing.

powersocket-1.png

IMG_4381.jpg

Some updates, the damage pipe was fix some welding, the aircon guys who damage it can't weld with the tools they had on them hence gotta get a professional plumber with the proper tools and pressure testing equipment. This thing giving me headache mann.. =S

photo-1.jpg

IMG_4396-1.jpg

Hacking of the wall between MBR and CR1. It will be great to have the wall gone for good but we still require to have the CR1. The red drawing under the right window is where the wall would be build, the MBR would gain an additional 3ft +/-.

IMG_4374.jpg

Sand and conrete blocks pilling up in the living room for the wall.

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

The GROM shelfing. Warning! It may look simple installing this but even though it was done by I, Me and Myself... It was freaking tired installing this but at the end of it, it feels GREAT acomplishing this and seeing the woody shelfing.

Some tips, measure twice, do it once.. But I didn't expect to face so much issues fixing this up.. Height of sockets being block by shelf, shelfing of straight and corner units clashing due to space restriction. Don't fix angle shelfing outside the HHS, do it inside! Haiz, stubborn mule within me who is so lazy to drive back home to get a power tool to get the job done faster and with less effort.. :bangwall:

The left side of the HHS is left empty for taller stuffs like ironing board and vaccum cleaner. Maybe I would add higher shelves in future. I would be adding another corner shelf if they sell it in singles as i find it a waste of space to leave the corner lower than the right.

There are other options of shelfing from Ikea, like the IVAR system. Or you could check out Howard Storage which also have a great catalogue. For the GROM system, the price is quite comparable with those grey metal frames support with wooden board as adverstise in the lifts or around te new estate, it stated it will support 100KG or so but I won't be placing stuffs that heavy and we find the looks of it unpleasing. We somehow have a No GO for metal legs in our furniture.(less the computer chair)

IMG_4412.jpg

Edited by Defelio