Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

DNA light for the uncompressed room

Lighting-Switch5.jpg

With regard to the hanging aircon piping. A very sad news for us is that the aircon we love is totally unavailable on this tiny . . It is very frustrating that I couldn't find any dealers selling the Samsung FBEA026 / FBEA052 model (please note that I'm not reading the model code off some piece of paper or website) it is literally imprint into my brain somewhere! :bangwall: With some comfort words from my ID, it may be due to some common fault that this model is being discontinue (Ya i did saw some flaw in the opening and closing of the aircon @ G@_nC_ty..

Since we can't get what is deem gorgeous aircon (link to photo and video of the aircon) and cool IMO. We have decided to get a reputable and safe aircon from Everjoint as advised Mr Lee. Mr Lee said that the Starmex from Mitsubishi Electric have a great service support which response the next day and have no issues of no spare parts and etc. This statement made my life easier to decide on this. Also with regards to my damaged piping while drilling the wall for the aircon trunking. Mr Lee said he will pay for the damages and me to get my ID to fix it. My ID got professional plumber to mend the pipe and bill me for it. I told Mr Lee about it and he told me it was way above the market rate (which i still dunno how much it is) and I had paid for it. Mr Lee kept his promise and paid me back which I greatly appreciate it! Lesson learnt is to check the cost on both sides, if not ask the party that damage the XXXX to get it fix.

The hanging pipes which I also noted that the pipes are cut with a proper pipe cutter as my friend's aircon installation was done with the pipe snipped and left semi open... By using a proper pipe cutter, it produce a clean cut, the tool is often a faster, cleaner looking end. This was also being taped up or cover up with a cap to prevent dust from entering the pipe. Dust and etc will affect the aircon in the long duration so please make sure your installers cover the pipes end after laying them.

Lighting-Switch8.jpg

Lighting-Switch7.jpg

I dunno why got so many holes in the false ceiling.. ID also stunned when I told him about it. He will get it settled tomorrow.

Lighting-Switch9.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

LOL. Then you can go for round drawers. Round edges. May be the safest! Which is totally not mid-modern century! LOL.

We almost made a wrong decision on the bar top to have rounded edge but thanks to your reply. We have the corners as sharp as possible! lol :good:

your DIY light looks very familiar and cool! Air is selling it right?

Is the hanging holder of bulb is from IKEA. how did you do the red metal portion? can share? thanks!

The toilet light.

Lighting-Switch3.jpg

Kitchen Light readjusted to have it center.

Lighting-Switch2.jpg

The Clipsal dimmer switch for the halogen lights around the dinning area. Cos the area only has 2 grouping of lights. Hence more control over the lighting in the middle of this most pass through area.

Lighting-Switch6.jpg

The instruction for the above mentioned which seem worth the hefty price for this switch.

IMG_5343.jpg

The bronze version to match the wall.

IMG_5333.jpg

your DIY light looks very familiar and cool! Air is selling it right?

Is the hanging holder of bulb is from IKEA. how did you do the red metal portion? can share? thanks!

U got it! :rolleyes:

tradig-bowl__0121985_PE269826_S4.JPG

wonderful! you managed to DIY your light for 44 bucks where AIR is selling at like 10 times the price?

btw, how did you connect the wires inside the cord set to the wall? is it hard to connect?

i wanted to DIY my light too using the cord set from IKEA but I did not know how to connect the wires to the cord set. :(

Edited by abupapa

wonderful! you managed to DIY your light for 44 bucks where AIR is selling at like 10 times the price?

btw, how did you connect the wires inside the cord set to the wall? is it hard to connect?

i wanted to DIY my light too using the cord set from IKEA but I did not know how to connect the wires to the cord set. :(

I have no idea how much AIR is selling it.

I had to sand/file down the threading of the bulb holder. I also tried to expand the hole abit for the fruit bowl.

Finally, it's more or less completed. Just short of a few pieces which are still being ship over or something... :dunno:

The master bedroom

HomeSweetHome_20110728_00009.jpg

HomeSweetHome_20110728_00001.jpg

We decided to go with the slanted drawers but slanted at the bottom. The Philips are a must get! In my case, each of the four bulbs are tagged to the switch number 1 - 4.

HomeSweetHome_20110728_00017.jpg

Well, over the weekend, we were sort of role playing the usage of the MBR with the layout of the sinks and boy oh boy oh BOY!! We didn't check the depth of the sink and the door wouldn't be able to open/close.. The depth for the sink area is much smaller in the MBR(42cm) as compare to the CBR(48+cm). 8| What nonsense are those designers thinking of.. That leave us the option of choosing sinks with a depth of 42cm or less. Heng my ID was driving a 7 seater car, I asked him for a favor to help me transport the long sink back to Ikea for a plate of meat balls! :D

Also, the brick wall is up!!

IMG_5131.jpg

Hi there,

I love the brick wall of yours! What material is it made of?? What's the damage...? :dribble:

Close up of our sofa =) It seats about 5 pax.

HomeSweetHome_20110731_00111-Copy.jpg

HomeSweetHome_20110731_00108-Copy.jpg

HomeSweetHome_20110731_00113-Copy.jpg

We initially wanted white but it was out of stock, so they loan us their blacks. Well the black give it a nice contrast on the white brick wall but still we would wanna have it change to other colour.

HomeSweetHome_20110731_00098-Copy.jpg

HomeSweetHome_20110731_00045.jpg

More please!! Been wondering how things are at your end!

lol, I will upload less my kitchen as still need fine tune =)

Hi there,

I love the brick wall of yours! What material is it made of?? What's the damage...? :dribble:

Hi AutumIsa, thanks alot =) I believe it's real brick material just that these are slim kinds of approximately 10mm thick. Materials are from craftstone. The damage is about mid-high 2k depending on the area of your wall you wish to cover. You could save by making it look like a run down wall or placing bricks.