Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Hi, love ur house... Btw u mentioned u buy optic fibre cable and plan to install it first before opennet comes...

Where do u intend to hide the cable??? I am doing my reno now and i oso dun wan to have extra trunking...

Appreciate if u can advise... thanks...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, one more thing to check w u... U have a open concept kitchen... but u still put aircon **** room...

Will it still be cold? I tot with a open concept kitchen, aircon is not advisable in living rm.

Hi, love ur house... Btw u mentioned u buy optic fibre cable and plan to install it first before opennet comes...

Where do u intend to hide the cable??? I am doing my reno now and i oso dun wan to have extra trunking...

Appreciate if u can advise... thanks...

Hi, one more thing to check w u... U have a open concept kitchen... but u still put aircon **** room...

Will it still be cold? I tot with a open concept kitchen, aircon is not advisable in living rm.

Hi Evelynsiow, thank you. Yes I had bought a 15m fiber optic cable from Sim Lim Square level 3. It 2 stores on the left of the Sony store.

The cable was laid from the outside of my house(above my door) to the corner of the living as shown. The cable was "run" under the beam. I had seen others drilling straight into the beam (but it is not advisable to drill into the beam) to lay a "straight / smoother" conduit (with a string within) for future installation of the fiber optic cable by opennet.

FloorPlan-1.jpg

Yellow - fiber optic cable

Blue - beam

Yup it will still be cool, we install a 24k BTU instead of the "usual" 18k BTU so as to compensate for the extra space. The fan also help in spreading the cool air to the dining and kitchen area but it is not cold cold air like sitting on the sofa in front of the air-con. For sure I can feel the difference once you enter the other rooms without the air-con switch on. I will get back to ya on this to try it on full blast.

I got the Fujioh hood which is able to absorb 83% of the oil. We have not tried any real cooking yet.

For the blinds, just pull the strings to raise them. I had asked the installers were the materials from China, he said nope but never tell me from where. The blinds were made/assembler in SG. It took one week to be installed from the date of measurement/deposit. The fan can be found @ Extra.

so where did you make your blinds? they look very classy.

Nice how everything comes together. Congrats! :good:

Must be blackboard? Can blackboard paint be a substitute? :unsure:

so where did you make your blinds? they look very classy.

Thanks, got it from a shop @ Yishun central. For more choices you can try the one @ Bukit Timah shopping centre which also have type of blinds that the top can go down also.

Nice how everything comes together. Congrats! :good:

Must be blackboard? Can blackboard paint be a substitute? :unsure:

Thanks thanks! You know where I can find the blackboard paint locally? If I have not much choice, I will get it painted of paste it with chalkboard contact paper.. =S

Thanks thanks! You know where I can find the blackboard paint locally? If I have not much choice, I will get it painted of paste it with chalkboard contact paper.. =S

Try Artfriend or Spotlight. Read that it comes in spray paint (Spotlight?) or usual paint form. Should be quite fun to DIY bah. If you really want the authentic blackboard feel I think you can get strips of wood from these 2 places and paste around the edges? Do share the end results with us k? :yamseng:

what is that remote control?? looks special...

HomeSweetHome_20110728_00017.jpg

also your fan looks classy!!.. mind sharing where did u get it?? luv ur fan...

HomeSweetHome_20110731_00028.jpg

Edited by evo5555

Thanks, got it from a shop @ Yishun central. For more choices you can try the one @ Bukit Timah shopping centre which also have type of blinds that the top can go down also.

is it that small curtain shop beside the famous laksa store?

WA Defelio!

Your home is simply Awesome! How did u guys manage to come out w designs & decors like this?? Simply wonderful!

You might want to try Mr Keng's shop at Craig Road. Saw lots of old typewriters there.

Thanks for the tip! JS, you staying in condo right? cos of the build in WC. My OC and I luv your WC :dribble:

Try Artfriend or Spotlight. Read that it comes in spray paint (Spotlight?) or usual paint form. Should be quite fun to DIY bah. If you really want the authentic blackboard feel I think you can get strips of wood from these 2 places and paste around the edges? Do share the end results with us k? :yamseng:

lol, I forgot about checking spotlight! You meant those wooden framing edges similar for painting?