Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mummymantras

Home Is Where The Art Is...

I've been going through reading the very interesting and colourful renovations done by renotalk forumers - which are mostly fantastic and have presented us with a wealth of ideas.

However I have also observed some strange words being perpetuated o

ver and over again. And I am not talking about grammar and all that - I am only interested in the content.

For the record, and to the best of my knowledge, the words "Masterbed room" DO NOT exist and should not. :rolleyes:

It should in fact be "Master Bedroom", whichever way you want it.

Hmmm.... I have not come across on the word Masterbed room but what normally saw was Master Bedroom instead or making it short MBR. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I also find it entertaining how Singaporeans just love to create acronyms for everything! Which can leave people who aren't in the know, more than just a bit bewildered...

For example, when I first started reading Renotalk, I'd come across phrases like "FSM" and "MSB" and I seriously wondered what on earth these acronyms stood for and whether Renotalkers were up to a lot more than just home improvement! :notti:

Hahaha, there are more than that. Such as lol(laughing out loud), etc.... We learning it from the Y-Gen, so that we able to know what they referring too. Nowadays, the teenager are very 'creative'...lol

Hahaha, there are more than that. Such as lol(laughing out loud), etc.... We learning it from the Y-Gen, so that we able to know what they referring too. Nowadays, the teenager are very 'creative'...lol

I'm strictly 'old school'. I never use an acronym unless the complete phrase is far too long to type out in full, or if it's already a commonly accepted phrase (e.g. ECP, CPF, HDB).

In fact, when I was a teacher (ages ago!), my students used to joke that they always knew whether SMSes they received were from me... I was the only person they knew who wrote grammatically correct messages, constructed with whole words! :D

And the funny thing was that they grew to like it. And insisted that I should not change the way I wrote. And slowly they started to reply to me in complete, grammatical sentences too. I started a mini revolution... ;)

WIW

photohxk.jpg

These are LED spotlights and cost around $120 each. In general, I really prefer them over halogen due to their (1) low energy consumption, (2) longer life span and (3) the lack of heat during long usage.

Saw this on prody's t-blog and I totally agree to the complete awesomeness of LED tracklights. Yes, they are pricey. But it's just a short term pain for long term gain. ;)

Saw this on prody's t-blog and I totally agree to the complete awesomeness of LED tracklights. Yes, they are pricey. But it's just a short term pain for long term gain. ;)

I do agree on that, short term pain for long term gain. Just like renovation. :). My whole house using LED costing around $4K. Monthly bill is about $2-300.

I do agree on that, short term pain for long term gain. Just like renovation. :). My whole house using LED costing around $4K. Monthly bill is about $2-300.

Unfortunately I have not been a real fan of LED lights yet. To achieve the same brightness produce by a halogen bulb, u need a few gd LED bulbs. And the reproduction of

scallop effect by halogen bulbs cannot be compare. But i have seen how much the quality of LED lights have improved, especially in recent time. If u have been following the development of LED lights, the Japanese has successfully reproduce the scallop effect and the exact warm color tone using LED. It will still be a couple of yrs before the new LED technology will be available to the mass market. But I see myself adoring LED lights in the near future. But for now, I will stick with my halogen lights. :)

MM, choose Newnew. I believe she will be proactive and follow up diligent as she is still new in this line. And she is creative too. :). She won't take weeks before getting back to u. Hee.

Newnew, I am pretty ice to 'sell' ur service rite. Hee. But I meant what i said. :)

If u have been following the development of LED lights, the Japanese has successfully reproduce the scallop effect and the exact warm color tone using LED.

Trust the Japanese to achieve something like that... ;)

MM, choose Newnew. I believe she will be proactive and follow up diligent as she is still new in this line. And she is creative too. :). She won't take weeks before getting back to u. Hee.

Newnew, I am pretty ice to 'sell' ur service rite. Hee. But I meant what i said. :)

And don't worry cos I will be her assistant throughout the project. :)

Wow ... with newnyew and jaskel.....it will be the Ultimate A Team. :sport-smiley-004:

sis newnyew...dun forgot me hor...i still yet to make appt w u...hehehe. Will see u very soon (after i done w my research n getting my key) Oh ya..ur starbuck also. :drunk:

Wow ... with newnyew and jaskel.....it will be the Ultimate A Team.

I'm confused. So newnyew joined Jaskel's co huh? If it's true, wow.... really Star team!!!