Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

alright, completed 1 glass pane.

IMG_1903.jpg

couch came from grafunkt! all the panes are up.

IMG_1912.jpg

view of the study room from kitchen side.

IMG_1911.jpg

close up shot of the couch. initially didnt want to spend much on the couch but cant find any that fits what we wanted until we popped by grafunkt. then, it was money no issue.

IMG_1906.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

our furniture from germany also came in. had to plan the timing properly.

pencil leg chairs with studded fabric.

IMG_1924.jpg

a few years ago, we went to california to hunt down a white deer.

IMG_2933.JPG

now, he is our prize and above our dining area.

(we chose industrial theme so we can ignore the trunkings...lululu)

IMG_1931.jpg

Hi,

Your place is progressing nicely. Can I ask how much your contractor quoted for these works?

Im still thinking whether to go for Contractor or ID, to save money. I do have some ideas on what to do, but is Alan able to provide some comments and piece up up the entire look for us?

Also, is he okay if we outsource some parts of the work to other pple? For eg, sourcing for own laminate flooring or wardrobe to some wardrobe company..

fri13.jpg

dia.jpg

X, you're blog is very inspiring.

I've similar sliding frameless glass door. It shattered on Black Friday 13th luckily no one is hurt.

Caster at the bottom might be a safer option ;) BR, T

alright, completed 1 glass pane.

IMG_1903.jpg

Hi A, it fell for no apparent reason. May due to weight, poor installation etc... I ain't sure.

Casters will be included for the rectification. I need the glass contractor's opinion. Wood floor is ruined..sigh T

While I was reading, just when I was thinking about the glass panels and consquences, OMG! Terence. Why did the glass break?

Edited by terenceY®

Hi A, it fell for no apparent reason. May due to weight, poor installation etc... I ain't sure.

Casters will be included for the rectification. I need the glass contractor's opinion. Wood floor is ruined..sigh T

Thanks GOD no one is injured. I am afraid such thing will happen, so I never install glass screens in the toilets. Saw another blogger, she slipped in toilet, the glass screen shattered, and she injured herself.

o m g !!

so so scary. i think the grip lost its strength at the top right? thx for sharing. i will want to go back and check on it.

thx terence for the heads up.

Edited by XTR

Hi,

Your place is progressing nicely. Can I ask how much your contractor quoted for these works?

Im still thinking whether to go for Contractor or ID, to save money. I do have some ideas on what to do, but is Alan able to provide some comments and piece up up the entire look for us?

Also, is he okay if we outsource some parts of the work to other pple? For eg, sourcing for own laminate flooring or wardrobe to some wardrobe company..

29.9k for the reno.

go with contractor...will surely save 2-3k at least. since you have your own ideas, dont rely on IDs. their designs more or less are copied. only a few are exceptions. yes Alan has been in this line long enough to comment on colour schemes and give feedback on the layouts. there is one blog last yr by someone thanking Alan for helping with the overall feel of the flat.

yes he was very chill about me outsourcing air-con and one built in wardrobe to outsiders. i also did tell him i wanted to go expo and compare his prices with theirs. in the end, his was the same (supreme laminates) and so i went with him because he will coordinate for me. he even know the supreme sales man came down and marketed their products to me. i was watching for his body language but none of it was upsetting/angry.

i think it will help if u state clearly u ALREADY have contacts for certain parts and also maybe say that you will go with Alan if he can match their quotation. then isnt it better to let him coordinate?

Today purposesly went down to geylang to check out the tracklights... The address is now a food stall! :(

Called them up and they have moved to some industrial park. The lady very nice, said will sms me the current address.

Will share the address again when I get it.

here it is

Catalina Lighting Pte Ltd

560 GEYLANG ROAD, Singapore 389510

p: 67426516, 67420981 f: 67426443

Today purposesly went down to geylang to check out the tracklights... The address is now a food stall! :(

Called them up and they have moved to some industrial park. The lady very nice, said will sms me the current address.

Will share the address again when I get it.

oh ho ho. MAMPUS!

maybe go industrial area, rental cheaper, lights cheaper? pls update us on the new address? (this address was updated last yr june) I want to save it into my address book. if u went to geylang, did u go heritage for the bathroom stuffs? or TOYO lighting too?

i still feel that their items are cheaper. the low profit margin standard metal tracks were $2 off market price.

Hi, no, I did not go other places, coz need to run other errands too.

The updated address:

Catalina Lights

block 3012 bedok ind park E #04-2034

monday to friday 10am to 7pm,

saturday 10am to 3pm,

closed on sunday n p.holiday

oh ho ho. MAMPUS!

maybe go industrial area, rental cheaper, lights cheaper? pls update us on the new address? (this address was updated last yr june) I want to save it into my address book. if u went to geylang, did u go heritage for the bathroom stuffs? or TOYO lighting too?

i still feel that their items are cheaper. the low profit margin standard metal tracks were $2 off market price.

Hi, no, I did not go other places, coz need to run other errands too.

The updated address:

Catalina Lights

block 3012 bedok ind park E #04-2034

monday to friday 10am to 7pm,

saturday 10am to 3pm,

closed on sunday n p.holiday

Luckily I came in and saw this, otherwise i could have gone to the old shop in Geylang. Thanks for the update renotm!