Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

ah, ebay. but we made sure its authentic.

How much did you get it for including shipping? New or 2nd hand?

How to differentiate original vs replica?

I cant differentiate replica and a real PH

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i got it 2nd hand but new. i tried to put my hp into the lamp to take the sticker but cant because of the angle.

replicas for lamps wont really have the sticker which will of course state the wattage and made from where. lets say the replica's have the sticker too,

then you can either look at the louis poulsen font and lastly the quality. the metal shade used is evenly powder coated and has that solid feel. its like when u touch a fake lv, you can feel something not right or the colour is just not right. i tried to help to find the sticker online but cant find any.

that said, of course you should buy from an ebay seller with 100% rating. if its a fake, you can always raise the issue up with paypal and prove it through pictures. i have had my fair share of fake products and can say that i got back my money 6 out of 6 cases.

if there are other forumers here who can, pls by all means post the LP silver sticker.

and my self-designed teak work table :thumbs up:

IMG_2131.jpg

pencil tapered legs + gold handles ;)

IMG_2459.jpg

tapered edges

IMG_2460.jpg

requested to have the wood grains at an angle to each other.

stationery: brass jug for pencils, an eraser and vintage stapler ;)

IMG_2461.jpg

other stationeries: omron bauhaus calculator, boston pencil sharperner and brass letter holder. ;)

IMG_2463.jpg

Hi XTR,

You and your wife have great taste!

Love the way you 2 plan and furnish the house. The mood of the house is totally enhanced by the furniture, accessories and colour scheme..It's very mid-century with the industrial vibe. Vey hard to pull it off as I believe you probably did a fair bit of research.

Moe pics pls....I'm totally glued to this t-blog of yours.. ;-)

Oh my gosh XTR!

Your vintage metal postal cabinet is such a rare find! Very lovely indeed!

I love your vintage Boston pencil sharpener too and you managed to find one in such an immaculate condition too. Congrats haha :D

I do agree with rae13, you guys have great taste!

Btw, isn't ebay amazing? :P

Thank God for online shopping huh. :D

I've a felted stuffed animal collection which I love. (bought from a seller who makes them on ebay) I think I may need a bigger shelf to store them ,it's getting a little overcrowded, too many birds in there. Haha!!

P4220356.jpg

Sorry I haven't got a t-blog yet as my new place isn't ready till next year. So Im posting my bird/mouse/cat felted collection here haha, I hope you won't mind :D

Hi XTR,

You and your wife have great taste!

Love the way you 2 plan and furnish the house. The mood of the house is totally enhanced by the furniture, accessories and colour scheme..It's very mid-century with the industrial vibe. Vey hard to pull it off as I believe you probably did a fair bit of research.

Moe pics pls....I'm totally glued to this t-blog of yours.. ;-)

Wow Thanks for your comments! we appreciate it.

Thanks for liking our ideas and items and knowing that we did put in a lot of research and discussions into the items to be purchased. You must also be of the same theme as us? thanks for liking the t-blog. all the deco now will be mainly my wife's idea. shall be putting up more soon.

Oh my gosh XTR!

Your vintage metal postal cabinet is such a rare find! Very lovely indeed!

I love your vintage Boston pencil sharpener too and you managed to find one in such an immaculate condition too. Congrats haha :D

I do agree with rae13, you guys have great taste!

thanks twinkie! you have one pencil sharpener too? i had to wait 3 months before i could find a good conditioned, shiny and clean one.

'jar jar jarrrrr'! - sharpens the pencil...

Btw, isn't ebay amazing? :P

Thank God for online shopping huh. :D

I've a felted stuffed animal collection which I love. (bought from a seller who makes them on ebay) I think I may need a bigger shelf to store them ,it's getting a little overcrowded, too many birds in there. Haha!!

P4220356.jpg

Sorry I haven't got a t-blog yet as my new place isn't ready till next year. So Im posting my bird/mouse/cat felted collection here haha, I hope you won't mind :D

ebay really is great. i dont really like to shop in sg because the items have little/no 'character'.

you got a lot of weird stuff toys. u must be a weird person too man. :yamseng: no probs about posting here. its nice to show off such a collection. surely must have taken a long while to get these amt.... i like the black cat on the right. everyday he is in WTF mode! :ph34r:

thanks twinkie! you have one pencil sharpener too? i had to wait 3 months before i could find a good conditioned, shiny and clean one.

'jar jar jarrrrr'! - sharpens the pencil...

wow..where you found all these?? Looks so new and nice.... :dribble:

ah ok... i got it from ebay, etsy, books actually (and many other quirky book stores in sg), overseas trips and friends (who knew our style)

Yes , the black cat on the right looks pissed because he is being shoved in the corner and being surrounded by various birds too . Haha! :D

And yes, Ive been buying felt animals from this artist on ebay for 2 years . :P

Ebay is indeed great, lots of weird stuff, cool stuff available for sale, stuff made by talented artists too ...

I've seen various Boston sharpeners on ebay in pretty bad conditions and I figured, yes , you must have waited some time (now I know it's 3 months!) to get that one Boston sharpener in pristine condition. :)