Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

I can't believe you DIY automated roller blind. That saves you a lot of money than to engage outside people to do automated blinds for you. Impressive! Does your profession involve a lot of hands-on work?

irritated with the outrageous quotations la. if not i will also just pay for it. the sourcing took up a lot of time. i think with the other study room blinds, total cost will be 4k. somemore with my own programmed remote control, i can one click make both blinds go up or group them into grp 1 and grp 2.

thanks for your appreciative comments.

as for profession, highlight the line below. :horse:

hmmm... if your child is in a secondary sch in the east, i might be teaching him/her

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I bought 1 for my foyer. Haha no intention to hang any pendant light for the dining table. Cos i tend to move furniture around. Don't want to restrict that area to be a dining area forever.

Then for sure that shop that you bought is the cheapest already. Alright, i shall visit it one day. Hopefully they are still selling at the same price.

thats a good idea.... gives u flexibility. but double make sure k ? because your dining area wont be a highlighted area.

Ahh.. now i understand why you must present your roller blind to whoever visits your house hhehehe. Really salute you for all the amazing work you have done!

:bow::bow:

not really... i only personally show to ppl i like after the first look. and i like your guy. he looks like a nice and innocent boy. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

thanks val. need any more help just give shout out k.

Bro, I totally respect u for e roller blind! Power

*bangs chest x2 times with fist*

u can be the man too ! :sport-smiley-003:

:jawdrop: You mean $4k DIY or $4K if let professional do it?

irritated with the outrageous quotations la. if not i will also just pay for it. the sourcing took up a lot of time. i think with the other study room blinds, total cost will be 4k. somemore with my own programmed remote control, i can one click make both blinds go up or group them into grp 1 and grp 2.

as for profession, highlight the line below. :horse:

hmmm... if your child is in a secondary sch in the east, i might be teaching him/her

Yes I agree. The price to do automated blinds can be really very expensive. You are really good in that.

If I have a child that big already, I would be an underage mother at that time when the child was born. Hahaha...

:bow: wow bro, really must kow tow to u....u really power. Dun think anyone in SG ever tried this...haha :bow:

BTW need to ask you regarding the chalk apint. Did you get it from Artfriend? What is the surface area one can covers?

TIA

hi xtr,

I am really impressed with your DIYed automated blinds, amazing!!! :)

I love your mirrored shoe cabinet too, great choice! Can't go wrong with mirrors haha.

Can set up shop... I believe many people will engage you if the price is much competitive compared to outside.

its actually feasible but i got other hobbies :)

:jawdrop: You mean $4k DIY or $4K if let professional do it?

oh i meant $4k if u let professionals do it.

Wow am so impressed with your DIY skills! :bow:

thanks adidaem! feels good that the effort was worth it.

Yes I agree. The price to do automated blinds can be really very expensive. You are really good in that.

If I have a child that big already, I would be an underage mother at that time when the child was born. Hahaha...

hahaha....yeah i also guessed you wont be at that age yet. the blinds could be better ...

hi xtr,

I am really impressed with your DIYed automated blinds, amazing!!! :)

I love your mirrored shoe cabinet too, great choice! Can't go wrong with mirrors haha.

thanks twinkie!

sometimes mirrors can destroy the laid back mood u want to create for your home.

:bow: wow bro, really must kow tow to u....u really power. Dun think anyone in SG ever tried this...haha :bow:

BTW need to ask you regarding the chalk apint. Did you get it from Artfriend? What is the surface area one can covers?

TIA

thanks bro! i think got ppl do it before but never post it online.

the chalkboard paint u can buy it from art friend. i asked the staff there before. i know for my wall, i needed to buy 10 of their small cans. if u ask them, they will help u calculate. so u have to calculate your door/wall surface area first before going down. i didnt get it from art friend. i got it from my contractor. it was included in my reno quotation.

we changed our main door grill and repainted the door white.

just wanted a black and simple black grill.

IMG_1917.jpg

for the lock, i had to give in to my wife's request. she didnt want any of those finger print system because it attracts attention. (still like the looks of those finger print locks :o )

however, we threw away the standard lock and use Mul-T-Lock.

below is a description of their product.

"Mul-T-Lock®’s High Security cylinders have a special telescopic pin tumbler mechanism with internal and external pins. Both the internal and the external shear lines must be aligned simultaneously in order for the plug to rotate..

The patented Mul-T-Lock plug has a special structure. When the top and bottom pins, plug and body meet, a three-dimensional shear line is formed, creating an almost perfect spherical shape. Steel inserts enhance anti-drilling resistance.

These features provide an added security dimension, amplifying the Mul-T-Lock cylinder’s pick-and-drill resistance for High Security needs. When master keyed, additional side pins or back pins can be incorporated. "

the pins in the grooves will be pushed up and down when u are turning the key in the lock.

3keys.png

IMG_1918.jpg

finally the sliding glass panels are here. 4 glass panels.

IMG_1902.jpg

workers fixing this fat thingy to let the glasses slide.

IMG_1900.jpg

our home is child-unfriendly. that big black wall is the chalkboard wall. AHHH one minor mistake i made...should have hired J&J glass construction to do my glass. Cheaper if i go direct than to go through my contractor.

IMG_1901.jpg