Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spikedoll

How Much Cov Have You Paid?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Potatoes, im blessed. We waited for a year alrdy hoping for prices to drop. Then i found this. Happiness.. Collecting keys this weekend. :)

don't mind sharing what was the valuation? went to see one in a neighbouring block today... agent said owner minimum COV is 30k and still waiting for valuation... this one is chinese quota filled. i understand that non-chinese quota does not command as high a COV as chinese quota flats - true?

Paid 75k cov at toh guan road EM in June '12

Hi How much is the valuation for the em ? The em at Toh guan quite high. That's 3rd gen em right?

Hi summersann

I had a similar experience like yours.

I arrived at a re-sale unit which to meet the selling agent down stairs before going up to view the unit.

The selling agent is seen to have a group of same company collegues with him.

I mentioned I'm alone and he started to introduced his other collegues to my agent. I turned down his offer to recommendation.

After viewing, the seller agent bring me down stairs to discuss the status of my interest.

I accepted the asking COV that he said that he to forward the acceptance to the owner.

A few days later, I called him as there was no sound and picture heard from the seller agent.

He told me that the owner has sold his unit to another of his prefer buyer....

From this episode, that I can conclude that this seller agent may have not bring my offer to the owner. I suspect that he may have got the owner to sell the unit to the buyer whom has engage his collegue to be the buyer agent....

The mortal of the transaction is selling and buying commission shall goes to his same company....

ThOugh CEA has legalized that a agent cannot act for bOth parties, the loophole is the seller agent and buyer agent can be of the same company...

Seems this is a game agents play.. I like a house, then agent who say he is my 'buyer' agent brought me downstairs to talk after seeing the house. So I expressed my interest and we worked out a COV to offer. Then this scary 'buyer' agent whom I just got to know that day starting talking to the seller agent. What he said was to the tune of "I ask my buyer give you an incentive 2-4k if you want. you just block all the other offers coming in for us. No need to tell the selller. Even if you manage to get cov 5k more, your comms also will not be 2-4k more than what the seller paying you right?"

What shocked me is that he did not even discuss with me to 'bribe' the seller agent. He just went on the phone with him in front of me. and told me his plan thereafter. Although it was to my benefit, I felt so uncomfortable dealing with this agent, I just declined and stopped viewing for a while cos I also busy with work.

Will be paying 50k cov for a Sengkang EA flat in very good, original condition. Other sellers asking for 60-95k for their no-taste renovations and crappy flat layout. Gila these people, I tell you. Still, 50k is a lot of money. Will need to sell my body soon.

Wow Sengkang is quite far from town, the COV 50K is alot!

Hi, I've just bought 4rm at Bishan, 8 mins walk from MRT. COV is 88k. Getting keys in Jan 2013. Pocket is alittle painful but we like to place. hee. It is quite well furnish and practically no major reno required at first sight. Last major reno is 8 yrs ago by new owner then, kitchen was reno 2 ago.

Fingers crossed!

sold my 4A flat 105sqm corridor unit low floor two bus stops away from sports complex/ bukit panjang plaza for 400k 30k COV in march (moved out end july)

bought a 5I flat 122 sqm corner unit low floor 1 bus stop away from sports complex/ bukit pangjang plaza for 450k 28k COV in Sep. the flat is in clean, basic condition, the 4th bedroom/studyroom was knocked down to form a bigger living room, kitchen n both bathrooms done up 2+ years ago.

getting my keys on boxing day!

Same as me, getting keys on boxing day too. My lawyer is collecting on my behalf cause I'm using bank loan... :sport-smiley-004:

sold my 4A flat 105sqm corridor unit low floor two bus stops away from sports complex/ bukit panjang plaza for 400k 30k COV in march (moved out end july)

bought a 5I flat 122 sqm corner unit low floor 1 bus stop away from sports complex/ bukit pangjang plaza for 450k 28k COV in Sep. the flat is in clean, basic condition, the 4th bedroom/studyroom was knocked down to form a bigger living room, kitchen n both bathrooms done up 2+ years ago.

getting my keys on boxing day!

Will be paying 50k cov for a Sengkang EA flat in very good, original condition. Other sellers asking for 60-95k for their no-taste renovations and crappy flat layout. Gila these people, I tell you. Still, 50k is a lot of money. Will need to sell my body soon.

Mind sharing the floor level, surrounding amenities and weather it's close to LRT/MRT.

Thanks!