Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spikedoll

How Much Cov Have You Paid?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Think my agent did most of the transaction for me. Our unit is rare, almost as big as a five room, plus we did our renovation like a year ago. Fully air conditioned just that it's laminated flooring throughout and the place has very limited amenities.

So my priority in getting the new flat is that it has to be close to amenities and bus stop and downtown east. The condition was average, we're retaining the living room flooring other than that it needs a major overhaul.

Wow. Good deal man.

Your 4 room is it at blk 700+? I know the 4room is almoost the size of 5 room, I eyeing there too but during that time no seller.

Nope 100+, got more in 400+

Think my agent did most of the transaction for me. Our unit is rare, almost as big as a five room, plus we did our renovation like a year ago. Fully air conditioned just that it's laminated flooring throughout and the place has very limited amenities.

So my priority in getting the new flat is that it has to be close to amenities and bus stop and downtown east. The condition was average, we're retaining the living room flooring other than that it needs a major overhaul.

Your 4 room is it at blk 700+? I know the 4room is almoost the size of 5 room, I eyeing there too but during that time no seller.

Hi Muesli

Noted and good for you that your selling unit has a75k COV

What the factor to have lower COV for EM and higher for 4A in same location @Pasar RIs.

Thought that EM shall commands a higher COV...was a hot talking point recently obtain 150k to 200k to 250k COV in the property news headlines......

This year, I bought the 5I rooms flat (Renovated conditions, 125 sqm, 12th floor) in Clementi at 53k COV in May, and later sold my 3NG rooms flat (Original conditions, 67 sqm, 5th floor) also in Clementi at 21k COV in June.

However nowadays some 5I flats around us are asking 70k-80k COV, while the COV for the 3NG flats are quite stabilized around 25-30k.

Victor

SOLD Pasir Ris St 11 4A 113sqm - 75K COV

BOUGHT Pasir Ris Dr 6 EM 148sqm -50K COV

Hi Muesli

Noted and good for you that your selling unit has a75k COV

What the factor to have lower COV for EM and higher for 4A in same location @Pasar RIs.

Thought that EM shall commands a higher COV...was a hot talking point recently obtain 150k to 200k to 250k COV in the property news headlines......

We found the place we're getting without a buying agent. Some selling agents weren't keen to entertain us, but we managed to view a handful of places without a buying agent. The selling agents always bring a partner and try to get the other agent to act as our buying agent. We had to repeat "we're not paying commission" a few times.

Hi summersann

I had a similar experience like yours.

I arrived at a re-sale unit which to meet the selling agent down stairs before going up to view the unit.

The selling agent is seen to have a group of same company collegues with him.

I mentioned I'm alone and he started to introduced his other collegues to my agent. I turned down his offer to recommendation.

After viewing, the seller agent bring me down stairs to discuss the status of my interest.

I accepted the asking COV that he said that he to forward the acceptance to the owner.

A few days later, I called him as there was no sound and picture heard from the seller agent.

He told me that the owner has sold his unit to another of his prefer buyer....

From this episode, that I can conclude that this seller agent may have not bring my offer to the owner. I suspect that he may have got the owner to sell the unit to the buyer whom has engage his collegue to be the buyer agent....

The mortal of the transaction is selling and buying commission shall goes to his same company....

ThOugh CEA has legalized that a agent cannot act for bOth parties, the loophole is the seller agent and buyer agent can be of the same company...

Anyone has experience trying to purchase hdb without buyer agent represent? So far when try to call agents to view their listing they always want to represent me, say otherwise house will be more ex.

We found the place we're getting without a buying agent. Some selling agents weren't keen to entertain us, but we managed to view a handful of places without a buying agent. The selling agents always bring a partner and try to get the other agent to act as our buying agent. We had to repeat "we're not paying commission" a few times.

You can use HDB's online search to compare recent resale transactions. Doesn't show COV specifically, only final resale price, but it does give you an idea.

Users who are searching for past individual resale transacted prices in specific locations (by town or street name) can refer to the "Resale Flat Prices" e-Service.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyResaleFlatMedianCOV?OpenDocument#Latest

There's also: http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/web/fi10/emap.html

You can also check the resale transacted prices using the HDB Centralised Map Services. It allows you to search for:

- Resale transacted prices within 500 metres from any HDB Block or DBSS Site/Project

- Resale transacted prices for all flat types in each block

- All other related information to the block (EIP/SPR Quota, Upgrading Programmes and Distance Enquiry for CPF Housing Grant)

E.g.:

ZmUWT.png

You mean you paid 100k COV? Wow...i already heart pain with 80k.

What's your nick in Mcf? Anyway we paid v high COV ( 6 digit) so we left v low budget for Reno. Talking about it me lagi heart pain .. ESP knowing ppl like u who paid low COV and got such good unit with recess lol

Is the Flat your first property purchase that's why u need use cash? Update your Reno progress hehe