Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spikedoll

Em For A Lazy Couple And A Dog

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Had our first appointment on 18/12 and now waiting for 2nd appointment on 5/2/2013!!!! So excited !

Met a few IDs/ contractors. Some are highly recommended in the forum.. But one never reply with quotation.. Another famous contractor's quotation is even higher than ID and due to his popularity in RT, he can't commence work on time. Some don't even answer or call back to meet up. Long stories which will not elaborate here...

Being the lazy types, we hate going around meeting IDs repeating the same thing again and again. So far we are quite pleased with one ID.. Met up with them few times and even went up to the unit with our FSM, though we have not even sign anything with them. They are patient , provide practical ideas and useful tips. Can see he's really experienced unlike those typical well dressed ID who isn't experienced. He's humorous and able to do draw on the spot to show us. We have great chemistry with him and hopefully everything turn out well should we sign up with him ( most probably yes).

Good luck to us and all who are doing Reno now!

From my work point of view,to save you much head ache,dont take any telephone internet services.Theres issue with the underground cabling for respective RSP in your area.Trust me,that area is really CMI for internet telephony services.Sign up @ your own risk.PM me if you want assurance.

If you have fibre go for it.Do LAN points in individual room and strategic places for ease of use of internet and lesser blood pressure of wireless connection issue.Be network ready.And good luck on your reno

Hi freaker

Thanks for the info! Ya we will go for fibre and not using any telephone line. We do not have telephone line at our current house as well. Families and friends contact us via mobile :)

Had our first appointment on 18/12 and now waiting for 2nd appointment on 5/2/2013!!!! So excited !

Met a few IDs/ contractors. Some are highly recommended in the forum.. But one never reply with quotation.. Another famous contractor's quotation is even higher than ID and due to his popularity in RT, he can't commence work on time. Some don't even answer or call back to meet up. Long stories which will not elaborate here...

Being the lazy types, we hate going around meeting IDs repeating the same thing again and again. So far we are quite pleased with one ID.. Met up with them few times and even went up to the unit with our FSM, though we have not even sign anything with them. They are patient , provide practical ideas and useful tips. Can see he's really experienced unlike those typical well dressed ID who isn't experienced. He's humorous and able to do draw on the spot to show us. We have great chemistry with him and hopefully everything turn out well should we sign up with him ( most probably yes).

Good luck to us and all who are doing Reno now!

Think contractors / IDs are super busy with projects (so many BTO, SOBF and resale), many of them also rushing to handover flat before CNY. Many contractors / IDs got no time to quote or handle enquiries. During our selection of ID, we also encounter a few Ai Lai Mai Swah or no respond contractors / IDs. Ha..ha.. Agreed! Some well dress IDs really 中看不中用, can't even do a simple sketch. Sometimes by talking to them, u can tell are experience or not. Many of the IDs are only salesperson but they don't know much about renovation or how to do a nice 收口 for tiling or carpentry work.

Good luck for your ID selection and renovation. :yamseng: Remember to post more photo, ok? Thanx

Hi. We are also in the midst of finalizing an ID for our EM. Our timing is about the same; We had our 1st apt on 17 Dec and 2nd apt will be on 28 Jan. Although we are starting our reno only after CNY, we hope to quickly finalize one and start going into design details and buying stuff. Our shortlist is down to two. Hopefully decision can be made by next weekend. All the best in your search.

Thanks all! We finally confirmed our ID and will be selecting tiles this Sunday! So excited! Hope everything run smoothly. ID will submit with indemnity form kindly signed by our seller soon. Hopefully HDB approve ASAP so we can start Reno soon after CNY. Still waiting for FSM for tong du date.

Will post pics of the unit after we collect keys on 5 feb.

Anyway just to share something on wall panel design that we came across. Very interesting which may be a better alternative for ppl who like to have brick wall etc. the company is Stoneslike Creative that brought in this product. It's is made of fiberglass panel several designs that is waterproof, non corroding, weatherproof and does not require hacking and wet works.

6DC81AA1-7B0D-44EA-8AD9-D63270F6350C-26379-0000135C459B78FE.jpg

587D2A4E-FDDE-44B0-90FA-CF3340662F6F-26379-0000135C6BBF7B64.jpg

Can be done in outdoor and indoor. Look and feel like real bricks!! We will be considering this. Since no hacking required, we can do it after Reno complete to decide where to place the panels. They charge by per panel (1.3m x 3.3m) and installation charge by per panel.

2712F2FA-80FB-4245-9EAB-5F8DC29BD14B-26379-0000135C74586F47.jpg

Craftstones alone is not cheap.. Not Including hacking and labour cost.. And also the time used to create real brick wall. Anyone done brick wall can share total cost and size ?

Their website www.msdpanels.com

Edited by spikedoll

Craftbrick wall may be cheaper. I got quotation for 7.8 sqm from contractor. The quote was $1,600. Based on your price chart attached, i probably need 2 panels. Plus installation will cost me $2,250.

But maybe the advantage of this is that u can easily do it after u move in (easier installation that doesnt need hacking)

Hi patsy, sorry I don't have their address. But they have a booth at Home Design at singapore expo. You may want to contact Ron Koh 91199399. This is the only info I can find on the brochure I got from the expo.

Craftbrick wall may be cheaper. I got quotation for 7.8 sqm from contractor. The quote was $1,600. Based on your price chart attached, i probably need 2 panels. Plus installation will cost me $2,250.

But maybe the advantage of this is that u can easily do it after u move in (easier installation that doesnt need hacking)

That sounds reasonable! So are you going to have te brick wall? I was told by a contractor it cost 3k+ for a wall that need about 2 panels.

That sounds reasonable! So are you going to have te brick wall? I was told by a contractor it cost 3k+ for a wall that need about 2 panels.

Brick wall is a must for me :) My $1,600 quotation is for a 3mX2.6m wall. I think this is the normal rate. I also checked this quote against Mr K's quote (a contractor who is rather famous here). His quote is slightly higher at $1,900.

So your contractor estimate at over 3k is way off! If you are talking about 2 full panels (8.6sqm) You should be looking at ard 2k max.

If the qty you need is big, KHL group at king george avenue sell craftbricks at a cheaper rate than the tile shops at balestier. They are selling at approx $8 cheaper psf. The drawback is their staff dont seem to have enough product knowledge when you talk to them.

have fun renoing!

Hi patsy, sorry I don't have their address. But they have a booth at Home Design at singapore expo. You may want to contact Ron Koh 91199399. This is the only info I can find on the brochure I got from the expo.

Thanks!

Our ID submitted for Reno permit last Tuesday and HDB replied today. Our change of L2 toilets layout has been approved. But the hacking of MBR wall to make it to glass window require PE endorsement. I have seen many EM owners hacking their bedroom wall, can any EM advise ? Thank you