Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soloqueen

Transformation In Telok Blangah Drive

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally the 925 Kevo had arrived, together with other items that we purchased through Amazon. Surprisingly, it was less than 2 weeks since our purchase.

There were total 3 shipments where two of them were from UPS and another one from i-parcel.

slvt.jpg

That's the 925 Kevo. Unfortunately, we got no time to play with it until it was mounted.

m6q6.jpg

Besides, we also bought Hansgrohe items from Amazon, such as the rain shower, hand shower head, kitchen faucet, basin tap, and a mixer. All these items were wrapped and partitioned nicely.

bv88.jpg

3yit.jpg

ofen.jpg

0al1.jpg

My wife only g0t to read some negative reviews for buying Hangsrohe item from Amazon, after all our purchases. :o

Most people said that the quality wasn't good as most of the materials used were plastic. However, I don't understand as will it be different if buying from other place since it is the same part from the manufacturer. Anyone could advise? :unsure:

Indeed, we really found most of the items that could be replace were in plastic. Just hope everything will function well after mounted. :) *finger crossed*

Anyway the price is still attractive for buying from Amazon, compare to insani or iceprice, needless to say from local supplier which gonna cost much more.

Edited by soloqueen

Hi

Am interested in the 925 Kevo . does most handy man knows how to install all this high tech locks ?

Sorry for the late response. I think most of them should be able to install that. There's also some demo in youtube.

My wife got a contact from her friend that helped them installed their digital lock previously. I will pm you the contact number later and hope it helps. :)

Back to our renovation, below is the mosaic that I've mentioned earlier where the whole stretch was placed near the main door entrance, just slightly in front of the TV console.

5bxp.jpg

9pa7.jpg

This is my wife's favourite that she had keep insisted from the very beginning, the brick tiles! :thumbs up:

m4v5.jpg

The brick tiles were surrounded by the same cement that used on our living room's floor. It looks superb to us! :)

4v1h.jpg

gkgh.jpg

This is our kitchen flooring with tiles. Very nice pic from wifey. ;)

1qc1.jpg

Edited by soloqueen

Hope all of you enjoyed your weekend. People who going through house renovation normally would spend their weekend in furniture shops or shopping for home appliances, etc. For us, we went to shopped for furnitures, looking for sofa and dining table. What about you?

Few months ago, we went to Matz Form @ Jalan Besar, and we were interested in one of their sofa call "Sushi". However, it was too early to purchase at that time and it was very pricey too. So we just went to see see for fun, trying to get some idea which will suit us best in terms of design and also comfortness.

Sushi from Matz Form

3qkz.png

http://www.matzform.com//about

From JotterGoods

ayh5.jpg

http://www.starliving.com.sg/gallery/jottergoods.html

From BoConcept

aio8.jpg

http://www.boconcept.com/zh-sg/

After all, we still prefer fabrics with striking colour because of our simple living room design. Therefore, we settled with the Ziin Collection from Lush @ Jalan Besar (same outlet as Matz Form and More Less)

We bought the 2-seater Nifty Sofa with Lime Green colour, something like the picture shown below. I think the contrast between our cement floor and the sofa will be really nice. We will see it soon. :)

otnf.jpg

Besides, we also bought the Kaylee table as our dining table, and two stools from the same collection.

6ml5.jpg

fwa3.jpg

http://www.ziinlife.sg

Currently they are having 30% discount storewide until 28th of January. Act fast if you are looking for furnitures with similar design as I think it is really value for money. ;)

Edited by soloqueen

Hope all of you enjoyed your weekend. People who going through house renovation normally would spend their weekend in furniture shops or shopping for home appliances, etc. For us, we went to shopped for furnitures, looking for sofa and dining table. What about you?

Few months ago, we went to Matz Form @ Jalan Besar, and we were interested in one of their sofa call "Sushi". However, it was too early to purchase at that time and it was very pricey too. So we just went to see see for fun, trying to get some idea which will suit us best in terms of design and also comfortness.

Sushi from Matz Form

3qkz.png

http://www.matzform.com//about

From JotterGoods

ayh5.jpg

http://www.starliving.com.sg/gallery/jottergoods.html

From BoConcept

aio8.jpg

http://www.boconcept.com/zh-sg/

After all, we still prefer fabrics with striking colour because of our simple living room design. Therefore, we settled with the Ziin Collection from Lush @ Jalan Besar (same outlet as Matz Form and More Less)

We bought the 2-seater Nifty Sofa with Lime Green colour, something like the picture shown below. I think the contrast between our cement floor and the sofa will be really nice. We will see it soon. :)

otnf.jpg

Besides, we also bought the Kaylee table as our dining table, and two stools from the same collection.

6ml5.jpg

fwa3.jpg

http://www.ziinlife.sg

Currently they are having 30% discount storewide until 28th of January. Act fast if you are looking for furnitures with similar design as I think it is really value for money. ;)

How much for each of the loose furniture that u bought? Nice dining table and chairs!

How much for each of the loose furniture that u bought? Nice dining table and chairs!

Thanks ;)

The Nifty sofa was $1690, dining table was $450, and the stool was $220, all before discount. There was a discount of 30% for all the items during our purchased. However, I'm not sure whether they still have any promotion now. :)

It had been so long since my last post and sorry to keep all of you waiting. We were so busy lately both in work and also preparing for our new home :)

First of all, I would like to show some pics on the state of our renovation before CNY where all the wet work had completed.

This is the entrance and the living room with the new main door's frame was installed.

9bam.jpg

The TV console area and also our new window and grille (covered with newspaper as prepared for painting).

vxlr.jpg

Next would be our kitchen which is still our all-time favourite.

c4ur.jpg

This is our master bedroom. Our ID suggested to us not to plaster the wall as the original texture looks somehow special and outstanding, and he is confident that it gonna looks great after painting. We were convinced and really excited about the outcome :P

y4tn.jpg

Next would be our tiny but "cool" toilet. You might be surprise that how could this be done for a HDB flat as all the piping were concealed :P I would say this is what we are paying for together with all the tiny details and their superb workmanship !!

k1h7.jpg

c7lp.jpg

There was nothing to show on the common room (or our study room) yet as it was just an empty room. However, our ID had proposed some interesting ideas to us.

Besides, you might be wondering the orange pipes from the pics are for what? Actually those pipes are connecting to the electrical switches, creating some industrial feel ;)

Your place is similar to mine.

For your MBR how did you cover the hole for AC? Did you first seal it up with concrete then do a box up?

Also you going to AC the hall? I am looking for idea to run the pipes and conceal with with box up. If possible I would love to see picture of the AC box up. Thanks.

• Like 1

It had been so long since my last post and sorry to keep all of you waiting. We were so busy lately both in work and also preparing for our new home :)

First of all, I would like to show some pics on the state of our renovation before CNY where all the wet work had completed.

This is the entrance and the living room with the new main door's frame was installed.

9bam.jpg

The TV console area and also our new window and grille (covered with newspaper as prepared for painting).

vxlr.jpg

Next would be our kitchen which is still our all-time favourite.

c4ur.jpg

This is our master bedroom. Our ID suggested to us not to plaster the wall as the original texture looks somehow special and outstanding, and he is confident that it gonna looks great after painting. We were convinced and really excited about the outcome :P

y4tn.jpg

Next would be our tiny but "cool" toilet. You might be surprise that how could this be done for a HDB flat as all the piping were concealed :P I would say this is what we are paying for together with all the tiny details and their superb workmanship !!

k1h7.jpg

c7lp.jpg

There was nothing to show on the common room (or our study room) yet as it was just an empty room. However, our ID had proposed some interesting ideas to us.

Besides, you might be wondering the orange pipes from the pics are for what? Actually those pipes are connecting to the electrical switches, creating some industrial feel ;)

Very nice..haha all the pipes gone. My toilet reno ...going to do the same...I dont like all the pipes running and curving overhead in the toilet/shower

Your place is similar to mine.

For your MBR how did you cover the hole for AC? Did you first seal it up with concrete then do a box up?

Also you going to AC the hall? I am looking for idea to run the pipes and conceal with with box up. If possible I would love to see picture of the AC box up. Thanks.

Hi,

My ID used the calcium silicate board to cover the hole for the AC, but I'm not sure the sequence he did.

Below is the AC at the living room

ystk.jpg

b7qz.jpg

I can't remembered how he run the AC pipes even he told us before. But overall, all the pipes were concealed and boxed up.

Hopefully this helps. ;)

Very nice..haha all the pipes gone. My toilet reno ...going to do the same...I dont like all the pipes running and curving overhead in the toilet/shower

Yup, definitely it gonna be nice as won't be too messy. Hope you will have a smooth reno ya.

Roy Chong! My first and current house also done by him! Very nice person! ;)

All the best to your new house reno!:)