Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aluka

5 Rm Resale Dream Home Project Strathmore

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

gallery_62270_450_127733.jpg

It's a pity you decided to swap out the full height beside the fridge, else there makes a perfect position for the oven.

If you have done a full height, then you can also do a tower unit beside the oven.

Though the table top will be sacrifice but with this 2 full height, you will have "flush" look with the fridge at the corner.

It's a pity you decided to swap out the full height beside the fridge, else there makes a perfect position for the oven.

If you have done a full height, then you can also do a tower unit beside the oven.

Though the table top will be sacrifice but with this 2 full height, you will have "flush" look with the fridge at the corner.

Thank you for the feedback OceanEleven.

Boohoo.. :curse: :bangwall:

How I wish I could have it?

We wanted to have the oven just beside the fridge. but unfortunately, the kitchen is not that big as it appears in the 3D perspective. There is hardly any space on the hob side; we can at best put a small cutter board or keep aside a bowl of vegetables. So my wife wanted to create space for 1) Cutting and preparing and 2) keep cooked dishes aside. In addition, she wanted space to keep the rice cooker, hot water kettle, juicer/mixer.

So the only option is to compromise on the full height oven cabinet. Sad.. but we have to live with the space.. Boohoo.. :~

Edited by aluka

Ur unit at blk 50? I'm waiting for my key collection for blk 52. Future neighbour!

Welcome to the neighbourhood. :bow: Finally I get to know someone in and around Strathmore. :sport-smiley-018:

My block is 49.

Hope you have started planning for your renovation? Good luck!

• Like 1

Welcome to the neighbourhood. :bow: Finally I get to know someone in and around Strathmore. :sport-smiley-018:

My block is 49.

Hope you have started planning for your renovation? Good luck!

Yeah planning the design now and already starting to source for household items lol... we just confirmed our ID. Engaged back the same one who did our previous flat.

Want check with you. Will HDB allow us to remove the iron wrought grille at the bottom section of our full height windows? Intending to remove it for aesthetic purpose but not sure if allowed. I see some hdb full height windows doesn't come with such grilles. Are the glass safety glass?

Yeah planning the design now and already starting to source for household items lol... we just confirmed our ID. Engaged back the same one who did our previous flat.

Want check with you. Will HDB allow us to remove the iron wrought grille at the bottom section of our full height windows? Intending to remove it for aesthetic purpose but not sure if allowed. I see some hdb full height windows doesn't come with such grilles. Are the glass safety glass?

When I checked with my ID, he said we cannot remove the bottom grill of the full height windows. So I decided to leave it there. Ofcourse, if I had removed, the looks would have been much better.

Now it looks like :jail: .. hahaha

When I checked with my ID, he said we cannot remove the bottom grill of the full height windows. So I decided to leave it there. Ofcourse, if I had removed, the looks would have been much better.

Now it looks like :jail: .. hahaha

Haha, if only you can remove and pass it on ... I need to replace my wrought iron grilles and it is costing me $2K ...

• Like 1

Haha, if only you can remove and pass it on ... I need to replace my wrought iron grilles and it is costing me $2K ...

U staying Strathmore as well? Which block?

Curtains Order Placed after design challenges in bedrooms!

Today we met the curtain lady Ms. Evelyn referred by our ID. We found her quite good and knowledgeable. She brought several samples and met us in our unit. She suggested few options after taking into account our requirement, painting colors etc.

After studying the lighting condition of the home, she suggested we go for curtains for our home instead of blinds. Our living is full height window. So we decided to go for day and night type curtain.

Our initial idea was to go for blinds for all bedrooms. Our bedroom windows are full width bay type. Each window is 8 feet wide + a funny small side window panel (supposedly a design feature of excellence from our esteemed HDB designers!) on one side.

If we go for blinds, it will invariably leak light because we need to go for 2 blinds to cover the full width + didn't know how to cover the light seepage from the small side window; also we wanted to fix the blinds near the window as much as possible to make use of the bay window area to keep small display items / photographs etc. It will not be possible design wise if we go for blinds. So we opted to do L-shaped curtains for all rooms so that curtains can cover the side window too.

From the samples she brought, we choose few colors and designs for the different rooms. We decided to go with her and placed the order. We have 2 weeks for the curtains to be delivered and installed.

I will soon upload the window design challenge and the fabric we have chosen.

Edited by aluka

Hi aluka, thank you for reaching out!

I love the layout and plan drawings of ur house - similar look I am going for, modern, contemporary.

Could you kindly share your ID/ contractor contacts please?

Cheers

Sheryl

sheryl.y.teo@gmail.com

Hi aluka, thank you for reaching out!

I love the layout and plan drawings of ur house - similar look I am going for, modern, contemporary.

Could you kindly share your ID/ contractor contacts please?

Cheers

Sheryl

sheryl.y.teo@gmail.com

PM-ed you. Good luck!

Painting Update:

Sharing some pics of the paintings done over the last week:

">http://gallery_62270_8_17120.jpg

">http://gallery_62270_8_55700.jpg

">http://>gallery_62270_8_27240.jpg