Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lynzi

How Big Is The Diamond On Your Engagement/proposal Ring?

Gabriella is at suntex there ?

true oso.. relaxation is hard to come by these days , or else health will detoriate worst

DEBTS free is the KEy manz.............

Yup, Charlotte A @ Suntec. There's another branch at Taka, if I'm not wrong. There's a very nice Malay lady there, think she's the manager of the shop or something, more bargaining power.

I second to that! Now is save save save time, so as to clear loans asap. But air con spoil... sigh... money fly again... :(

Honestly i asked my girl this qns b4 " Honestly, what's your view of diamond rings?"

She answered " If i say jux a tiny one, i bluffing myself. Of cox not too ex cox it's only a symbol. Anything within your comfort ability. You buy me a 1car ring i also dare not wear"

Ur gal is prudent... I know some of my frens will not agree to marriage without a diamond ring that must cost at least 3 months of the guy's salary...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yup, Charlotte A @ Suntec. There's another branch at Taka, if I'm not wrong. There's a very nice Malay lady there, think she's the manager of the shop or something, more bargaining power.

I second to that! Now is save save save time, so as to clear loans asap. But air con spoil... sigh... money fly again... :(

Ur gal is prudent... I know some of my frens will not agree to marriage without a diamond ring that must cost at least 3 months of the guy's salary...

so sad :jawdrop: .... they shld noe very well their boyfriend financial status meh rite....

Bcox she's so prudent, even more i try harder to give her the best.

Ya the friends that u mention, i also haf some ard me. If my other half ever talk like this to me, i sure dun wan tt r/s. For the simple reason you can give a bigger diamond, than there'll be better lcd, better this and that etc.....repurcussions jux too many. Cannot satisfy the tiger's appetite.

As long both parties know their limitation, work from there, earn the luxury together and not leave one party hurt badly financially while the other also dunno or dun wan to know.

I haf 2 such couple friend n both divorce liao.

I know of somebody who is like that too...in fact, her diamond ring takes priority over marriage, looking for flat, booking banquet etc etc. Die die must have 1 carat diamond from her bf as proposal b4 she will accept....i think it's so stupid....poor guy has to save up so long just to throw it all away for a 1 carat diamond.....duno what these girls are thinking..duno what their priorities are also...no diamond means no marriage...like that forever no diamond then no need get married liao lah?!?! ...for me, i'd rather channel the money to do up my house swee-ier.... :(

I know of somebody who is like that too...in fact, her diamond ring takes priority over marriage, looking for flat, booking banquet etc etc. Die die must have 1 carat diamond from her bf as proposal b4 she will accept....i think it's so stupid....poor guy has to save up so long just to throw it all away for a 1 carat diamond.....duno what these girls are thinking..duno what their priorities are also...no diamond means no marriage...like that forever no diamond then no need get married liao lah?!?! ...for me, i'd rather channel the money to do up my house swee-ier.... :(

mus blame movies or drama LOL

agree that Destinee is nicer :jawdrop:

my fren got a trilogy from soo kee (dunno if normal or brilliant rose) and she compared with mine from Destinee.

all my frens said my trilogy looks much bigger and they thot it's very expensive

hubby wanted to get a much bigger rock for me but i dun wan. no matter rich or not, getting a diamond ring that can be worn daily or during some occasions is better than getting 1 which i dun even dare to put on coz it's too big!:(:jawdrop:

Btw, the diamond that muz cost 3 times the guy's salary i thot is practised in US?

A fren who had been staying in US for more than 10 yrs say she wouldnt mind getting a cheaper diamond coz she would rather spend the money on elsewhere. but the prob is ppl in US tends to compare using the cost of the diamond and she's afraid this will reflect badly on her bf

btw, her bf is oso 1 practical person who would rather spend on other tings than diamond coz he believes diamond has no resale value. and he's an ang moh!

A fren who had been staying in US for more than 10 yrs say she wouldnt mind getting a cheaper diamond coz she would rather spend the money on elsewhere. but the prob is ppl in US tends to compare using the cost of the diamond and she's afraid this will reflect badly on her bf

btw, her bf is oso 1 practical person who would rather spend on other tings than diamond coz he believes diamond has no resale value. and he's an ang moh!

I think it's nothing wrong being practical. What for go beyond your means just so that you can show ppl that you are not poor and can afford an expensive diamond?? Who are these ppl and what have they done to show that they are worth your attention?? At the end of the day, you have you yourself to thank if you have spent it on something truly worth spending and not on frivolous consumption that you can barely afford.

For me, if I kp worrying abt how others is going to view me, I will be v bz and I simply dun think such ppl are worth my attention. My time is precious, I have better things to do than wasting it on shallow ppl :(

Edited by Air

U know, I used to b one of those type that want a diamond ring of a certain size for my proposal ring. Not because I want to "hao lian" or compare but because I have worked in the jewellery line before and over time, you will feel the diamonds looking smaller and smaller cos you are so used to that size..

But when my fiance proposed, all these flew out the window cos its the moment thats impt and not the ring he is proposing with.. I love diamonds and yes, I love big ones... but its no longer impt when the moment arrives..

U know, I used to b one of those type that want a diamond ring of a certain size for my proposal ring. Not because I want to "hao lian" or compare but because I have worked in the jewellery line before and over time, you will feel the diamonds looking smaller and smaller cos you are so used to that size..

But when my fiance proposed, all these flew out the window cos its the moment thats impt and not the ring he is proposing with.. I love diamonds and yes, I love big ones... but its no longer impt when the moment arrives..

so touching.....

i wish for big diamond too..... how big is big, 1 carat enuf?

celestier 1 carat like smaller then normal one & cost double :jawdrop:

Diamond's are women's best friend - Tt the old saying

It also means it's nt their soulmate, so dun fret if dun haf a killer stone eh keke...

so wil u get rolex for S$20k++ or a diamond?

rolex can sell got value, Diamond can sell anot ar?

i'm not into watches. :wacko: ya, diamonds maybe worthless but diamond is a girl's best friend. :notti: hubby's brother bought FIL a rolex watch and i don't find anything special leh. ;)

Heehee, cannot say that, it's worth the efforts of the person giving it to us :D

hahaha. :D

I know of somebody who is like that too...in fact, her diamond ring takes priority over marriage, looking for flat, booking banquet etc etc. Die die must have 1 carat diamond from her bf as proposal b4 she will accept....i think it's so stupid....poor guy has to save up so long just to throw it all away for a 1 carat diamond.....duno what these girls are thinking..duno what their priorities are also...no diamond means no marriage...like that forever no diamond then no need get married liao lah?!?! ...for me, i'd rather channel the money to do up my house swee-ier.... ;)

hubby didn't propose with a diamond ring. just using wedding band. :D

I dunno abt their trademark, but I went shopping with my hubby's fren to get his proposal ring for his gf. We saw Celestial, Destiny and Brilliant Rose. It was pretty funny becoz we saw it in the order I described and when he saw Brilliant Rose, he blurted out "why not shiny one?" right in front of the sales lady. We scolded him after that :D Brilliant Rose is very popular, and it's nicer than Celestial.

If you are willing to spend, can go for Gabriella, abt same price range as Destiny but cut is better, thus same brilliance despite lower grade colour/ clarity. But to me, after watching Blood Diamond (movie on how lifes in Africa are taken to mine for diamonds), it is really not worth the money... Still, I appreciate hubby's effort in researching and buying one with his small savings :D

i find that all diamonds are the same whether celestial, destiny or brilliant rose. it's just how the way they advertise their own brand. :)

so touching.....

celestier 1 carat like smaller then normal one & cost double :P

you want big diamond? you don't mind they're worthless?? :notti: usually, 1 carat or a little bit more is enough. 2 carats is too huge liao. :D

2 carats is just like wearing a big rock on ur finger :sport-smiley-004:

hubby now is into colour stones. he says colour stones are nicer...

he got me a sapphire stone after i lost a small diamond ring he bought for me previously. !!

that's y i suggested to her to ask her bf to propose in SIN coz SIN doesnt have the ruling that the rock muz cost 3 times the pay packet of the guy !!

heard that in US the gal's side pay for the wedding reception perhaps that's y the guy is expected to fork out more $ for the rock?

i find that all diamonds are the same whether celestial, destiny or brilliant rose. it's just how the way they advertise their own brand. :P

hmm... not sure abt these brandings but i do see a difference between Destinee and normal diamond...

even my frens do...

so touching.....

celestier 1 carat like smaller then normal one & cost double :sport-smiley-004:

Last time, my minimum was 1carat... But my FH bought a 0.71ct for me, and its good enough cos I also don't want him to emptyhis wallets just for my ring .. And the other 3Cs are very good so it compensate for the size..

Still im very happy with it.. !!

2 carats is just like wearing a big rock on ur finger :yamseng:

hubby now is into colour stones. he says colour stones are nicer...

he got me a sapphire stone after i lost a small diamond ring he bought for me previously. :)

that's y i suggested to her to ask her bf to propose in SIN coz SIN doesnt have the ruling that the rock muz cost 3 times the pay packet of the guy :o

heard that in US the gal's side pay for the wedding reception perhaps that's y the guy is expected to fork out more $ for the rock?

hmm... not sure abt these brandings but i do see a difference between Destinee and normal diamond...

even my frens do...

personally, i don't like color stones. :bangwall:

Last time, my minimum was 1carat... But my FH bought a 0.71ct for me, and its good enough cos I also don't want him to emptyhis wallets just for my ring .. And the other 3Cs are very good so it compensate for the size..

Still im very happy with it.. :P

it's very difficult for you to find diamonds from 0.80 to 0.99 carats. once you've bought a diamond from 0.70 to 0.75 carats then the next carat in the future will be 1 carat or more. :D