Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

Tencel + Egyptian cotton for me as well.

One more pro: it's kind on the environment.

Pure cotton takes lots of water and land to cultivate, whereas tencel cotton takes much much less (iirc its 1/8).

My home uses mostly organic + environmentally friendly products so this was a big win for me!

tangs at vivocity had an additional 5% on top of the promotion 20% for the "higher end" bedsheets.

Bamboo sheets are also very popular nowadays. :)

TCs are also misleading, like Sarah said.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow see you guys talk about bed sheets make me feel like buy new sheets liao.

I been using Kinu from Robinson, or their house brand.

See you guys talk about Tencel, maybe I should get it to try it as well, by the way is it costly?

Time for carpentry and colour selection.

WIW, Kitchen Cabinet, Shoe Cabinet, Storage cabinet and Vanity Base

Walk in Wardrobe - With wood laminates

2v1ahhs.jpg

Colour for Kitchen Cabinet - Gloss Tangerine OR Matt Paris Green OR Gloss White

2462nfa.jpg2jezjo9.jpg

If me I will go for the Paris Green, but if I can choses I will go for the Burnswick :P

Paris green for me as well but the tangerine is cheery too! See what you are using for counter top. If dark then tangerine, if white then green.. ✌

If me I will go for the Paris Green, but if I can choses I will go for the Burnswick :P

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

Hi Sarah

I just wash them as normal. I've been using them for the past 3 years, nothing has changed. I wouldn't know about the anti-bacterial properties lasting forever, but I guess it's better than normal sheets that do not have them. HTH!

I just googled for the tencel fabric and bamboo fabric care instructions. Walau I have been washing my tencel bed linens wrong past three years by using machine wash with 30 degree temperature and 1200 spin speed, and machine dry them instead of drip dry! But the texture and color remains the same leh, maybe only the anti-bacterial properties are destroyed: )

http://www.the-eco-market.com/tencel-fabric/

http://www.bamboofabricstore.com.au/view/care-instructions/36

Oh ya! Vinegar not only cleans organically, but restores softness on towels and bedsheets :)

Thats another incentive to use vinegar!

Edited by sarah833

Wow see you guys talk about bed sheets make me feel like buy new sheets liao.

I been using Kinu from Robinson, or their house brand.

See you guys talk about Tencel, maybe I should get it to try it as well, by the way is it costly?

Hey Nextstep,

Like what others have said, look out for the deals from Tangs, Taka or Robinsons. Many brands still do not carry tencel sheets, so gotta ask the staff (not promoters) directly. I got my King Koil set for less than $200 (king size) during Black Friday. So with Xmas up next week, might be a good time to check beddings !

It's very nice colour gloss Brunswick and I am so tempted to have it but having a gloss black kitchen for the last 8 years had me cleaning it all the time because of the oily fingerptints. Very sian lor

Anyone know's if we can always replace the doors next time if we get tired of colours ?

It's very nice colour gloss Brunswick and I am so tempted to have it but having a gloss black kitchen for the last 8 years had me cleaning it all the time because of the oily fingerptints. Very sian lor

Anyone know's if we can always replace the doors next time if we get tired of colours ?

go for the matt Brunswick lah :P

hehehe... trying to convince you :P

Can! Just change the laminate and watch the money fly out of the window.. hahaha

Matt is too dark for me. Honestly 8 years with an all black kitchen its time for a change. Just imagine my floor was matt black ,cabinets gloss black and countertop black, you have no idea how hardworking I was cleaning all the time especially after a major dinner party .. it's really like wa liao eh.. this time for sure lighter shades for me although the heart is itchy itchy to dark colours ..
Someone can tell me if this old antenna pipe can be remove? Will I affect my neighbours TV programe

ixxj4z.jpg

go for the matt Brunswick lah :P
hehehe... trying to convince you :P

Edited by Luxexplorer

Contractor Desmond just sent this photos and after 2 days of plaster job, he flat is looking quite different and it feels so good!

6sqvi9.jpgjgljcj.jpg

Matt is too dark for me. Honestly 8 years with an all black kitchen its time for a change. Just imagine my floor was matt black ,cabinets gloss black and countertop black, you have no idea how hardworking I was cleaning all the time especially after a major dinner party .. it's really like wa liao eh.. this time for sure lighter shades for me although the heart is itchy itchy to dark colours ..

Someone can tell me if this old antenna pipe can be remove? Will I affect my neighbours TV programe

I think nobody uses these wall plug nowadays but I may also be wrong. Maybe you can drop Hdb a call just in case.