Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

tink next round i wan to try the curtain shop at AMK Ind Park 2 recommended by the tv show "shen qian wang" last yr... it's supposedly much cheaper than the curtain shops outside.

haha.. can try.. me jus got mine frm them.. was recomm by Greycat.. my reviews:

1) :notti: is it really cheaper than most places.. but i got mine comparing to 3 quotes only they r the cheapest.. shld b ard 1.3k if i'm not wrong (cos i changed something n hvn't give her money yet.. haha :idea:)

2) clean job.. almost no dust falling when they drill n install the tracks.. cos vacuum at the same time :P

3) but sharon hardly pick up my calls.. may b now CNY their most busy time..

4) they came install curtain tracks n hook on wall in the room where i actually wanted to hv roller blind.. 8| in the end.. cos the hook already drilled onto the wall.. i dun wanna the hole there n i gotta take the trouble to fill back the hole n paint the wall again.. so i jus follow the mistake.. get them to make day curtain for me there.. luckily it turned out nice as well.. :idea:

5) my living room window edge has a stupid beam.. i wanted my curtain hang on ceiling rather than hang frm the beam.. cos not so pretty n doen't look so 大方 IMHO to hang it frm the beam (cos too short).. they knew it n actually installed the tracks correctly on the ceiling.. but when the curtains came.. every1 got a shock.. the day curtain was measured n made to be hang under the beam.. it was so short.. like wearing a mini-skirt.. 8| but told them wat is correct n they took back tat "mini-skirt" said will ask boss to call me back.. but i still hvn't receive any call yet..

mm... all in all.. when talking to sharon.. it is nice.. cos she'd make a lot of recomms on wat fabric to choose in order to save cost in the best way.. may b the bad experience i had simply cos i suay kana tis CNY peak period.. actually i'm not really unhappy with them yet.. i feel may b is still quite understandable bah.. :notti: hopefully after CNY.. i get wat i shld get.. :~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Harlow xlan, sorry to hear abt ur experience 8| , hope dat everything turns out well....

Dont worli, sharon is not the irresponsible sort. But agree she is truly 1 superwoman. They r running it like family biz...those ppl who help u install is her brudder, wife n sister....

I got 1 day curtain (living rm) had to order cuz no stock, took long time to arrive. Even though I paid up fully n she cld haf run away, she still rem n came back to me oso, so no worries there. But sometimes, arrange timing with her liao, she too busy will forget wan....W/o cny, I thk they oredi super duper busy liao. Nw plus cny, even worse bah....

Hope everything will turn out fine, otherwise I will be 1 guilty cat liao... :P

hahaha.. no no no .. no guilty cat.. cos really nice recomm by u.. if not i'd hv spending like at least >1.6k instead of the 1.3k...

altogether i got 3 quotes.. sharon able to give me cheaper quote for double curve tracks in living n normal double straight track in study n mama's room w/ both day n night curtain.. while the other 2 charging at least few hundred more.. w/o double tracks (straight nor curved) in both living n study.. mama's rm only night curtain.. so if $ concerned.. sharon is the best i got..

so.. thank u! :P

oh.. n the curtains (the correct parts) r real nice.. may b i shld take fotos of them too.. 8|

Edited by xlan

haha.. can try.. me jus got mine frm them.. was recomm by Greycat.. my reviews:

1) :notti: is it really cheaper than most places.. but i got mine comparing to 3 quotes only they r the cheapest.. shld b ard 1.3k if i'm not wrong (cos i changed something n hvn't give her money yet.. haha :idea:)

2) clean job.. almost no dust falling when they drill n install the tracks.. cos vacuum at the same time :P

3) but sharon hardly pick up my calls.. may b now CNY their most busy time..

4) they came install curtain tracks n hook on wall in the room where i actually wanted to hv roller blind.. 8| in the end.. cos the hook already drilled onto the wall.. i dun wanna the hole there n i gotta take the trouble to fill back the hole n paint the wall again.. so i jus follow the mistake.. get them to make day curtain for me there.. luckily it turned out nice as well.. :idea:

5) my living room window edge has a stupid beam.. i wanted my curtain hang on ceiling rather than hang frm the beam.. cos not so pretty n doen't look so 大方 IMHO to hang it frm the beam (cos too short).. they knew it n actually installed the tracks correctly on the ceiling.. but when the curtains came.. every1 got a shock.. the day curtain was measured n made to be hang under the beam.. it was so short.. like wearing a mini-skirt.. 8| but told them wat is correct n they took back tat "mini-skirt" said will ask boss to call me back.. but i still hvn't receive any call yet..

mm... all in all.. when talking to sharon.. it is nice.. cos she'd make a lot of recomms on wat fabric to choose in order to save cost in the best way.. may b the bad experience i had simply cos i suay kana tis CNY peak period.. actually i'm not really unhappy with them yet.. i feel may b is still quite understandable bah.. :notti: hopefully after CNY.. i get wat i shld get.. :~

thanks for review on them... i tink can try them the time round ba.... mi whole house all window blinds except the balcony.. so i doubt the cost will be too expensive.

just a update and thanks to all who have show concern...

wife went ttsh and lucky thing doc said her eyes TOO DRIED :unsure:

simi too dried :dunno: we no sleep in aircon.

then put dunno simi special eye drops on her eyes and must wait for 30mins ok liao.

all i know is NO MORE CONTACT LENs...

btw, the only thing can use medisave for eyes related problems is cataract, all other diesease/damage/sickness cannot claim. thats what i know, wanna "act" swee make sure got no problem and also MAKE SURe have tons of CASH.

a pretty person is pretty with or WITHOUT spectacles.

my 2 cents.

me also want leh, but last time the optician at the great world shop say i cannot do

wonder if my condition improved liao or not :unsure:

either no 1.. u had bad infection before, but e no c/l rule is usu told by doc and not optician..

next, ur cornea size not suits for disposable c/l.. or ur eye condition like had lasik before... or very dry eyes etc..

u need to check again first..

dryness of eyes can also be cause by too much near work that lead to our eyes blink less too..

medication side effects can also cause dyness to our eyes..

when our eyes are too dry, there will be friction between our eyes and eyelid and so our eyes also has soon redness.. and when dust when in, it causes more prob too..

ageing also lead to more drier eyes too..

dry eyes can become infection too.. i kena that twice cos i refuse to use eye drop.. basically i'm a dry eye person.. most of time in aircon area or at end of day my eyes become more red too..

cheapest way to wet our eyes... blink more.. yawn to induce tears help too..

just a update and thanks to all who have show concern...

wife went ttsh and lucky thing doc said her eyes TOO DRIED :unsure:

simi too dried :dunno: we no sleep in aircon.

then put dunno simi special eye drops on her eyes and must wait for 30mins ok liao.

all i know is NO MORE CONTACT LENs...

btw, the only thing can use medisave for eyes related problems is cataract, all other diesease/damage/sickness cannot claim. thats what i know, wanna "act" swee make sure got no problem and also MAKE SURe have tons of CASH.

a pretty person is pretty with or WITHOUT spectacles.

my 2 cents.

think it's her tear gland kenna block or something

it's a very common symptom amongst C/L wearers

sigh, no more contact lenses also good loh, wear glass can save the environment and money :bow: :bow:

got other things can use medisave lah, most eye diseases i.e. things that will affect your vision

e.g. all forms of macular degeneration

the thing about medisave is it cannot be used for something that is purely cosmetic

so if you can prove that lasik is ESSENTIAL then can use medisave wor :deal:

either no 1.. u had bad infection before, but e no c/l rule is usu told by doc and not optician..

next, ur cornea size not suits for disposable c/l.. or ur eye condition like had lasik before... or very dry eyes etc..

u need to check again first..

i had bad infection before, and the optician (or was he a optometrist?) saw the scars on my cornea so he said no C/L for me :wub:

the GWC shop actually has a separate 'eye clinic' next to the retail shop for all buyers of C/L to check their eyes FOC :lol:

actually my eye doctor told me NO contact lenses and NO eye makeup :dunno:

tear gland can also block due to dusty area.. our eyelid margin has small pores.. when cosmetic and dust trap there.. tear and oil cannot be secrete out and so become blocked.. and then swells up.. severe case need doctor to pierce or cut the bump..

as for c/l practice proper lens cleaning regiment and correct wearing schedule.. always check with the right person for proper advise on cleaning procedure, wearing schedule and the most comfortable lens doesn't mean it suit cos the lens might also be too tight for the eye can causes more prob some time down the road..

cleaning eyelid.. can use 1 portion of j&j no tear baby shampoo mix with 10 parts of water and gently clean around the eyelid area..

for blockage.. can try warm compress to try to unblock the pores..

and as for c/l wearer make sure that the cornea is being check regularly to see if it has any damage cos our naked eyes can't tell if the cornea is suffering from any damage till the very late stage..

think it's her tear gland kenna block or something

it's a very common symptom amongst C/L wearers

sigh, no more contact lenses also good loh, wear glass can save the environment and money :lol::deal:

got other things can use medisave lah, most eye diseases i.e. things that will affect your vision

e.g. all forms of macular degeneration

the thing about medisave is it cannot be used for something that is purely cosmetic

so if you can prove that lasik is ESSENTIAL then can use medisave wor :dunno:

i had bad infection before, and the optician (or was he a optometrist?) saw the scars on my cornea so he said no C/L for me :bow:

the GWC shop actually has a separate 'eye clinic' next to the retail shop for all buyers of C/L to check their eyes FOC :dunno:

actually my eye doctor told me NO contact lenses and NO eye makeup :unsure:

yup when there is a scar on the cornea.. its a rough surface..

if u rub ur skin for long period it become red then itch then the skin peel off

likwise, the c'l lens in ur eyes is not glued so it moves inorder to allow tears excjange beneath the lens, the movement of the lens cause some rubbing effect on ur cornea and thus it will affect the scar and worsen the scar.. the larger the scar the more it will affect the vision.. so cannot take any risk on it..

an optician is now categorised into 2 category.. one the dispensing optician who edge ur lens, adjust ur spec,

another does refraction, chacking the eye power and perform the dispensing optician duties as well..

contact lens practitioner and optometrist performs all plus contact lens fitting.. diff prob jus the cert and course diff.. but c/l practitioner can upgrade too..

ophthalmologist can prescibe drugs to the eyes and operate on the eyes but usu they don dispensed glasses cum perform refraction.. usu done by the optometrist in the clinic or hospital..

all now need license

hehehe i had that condition since young, before the introduction of contact lens

even the doc couldn't understand how i get that condition :unsure:

anyways, i just don't wear glasses loh

only astig so still not so bad :dunno:

hehehe i had that condition since young, before the introduction of contact lens

even the doc couldn't understand how i get that condition :unsure:

anyways, i just don't wear glasses loh

only astig so still not so bad :dunno:

one of my cat, she's gone already.. she got a scar on her cornea.. and the scar jus become bigger even after the operation.. cause she rub her eyes.. but the scar was either casue by foreign bodies or scratch by another cat during cat fight..

so when our eyes get itchy.. try not to rub cause there might be foreign bodies inside and might scratch our cornea too.. maybe that's how u end uo havin a scar there.. but jus don disturb it lor.. then it wont go worse..

ntw, my didi getting better, now he change his sleeping position.. but getting more naughty cos refuse to drip.. after change of medications..

and he can eat about 6 to 7 pallets on himself each time..

and more alert and call me when he saw me.. but sometimes he falls down cos not so stable abit shaky..

the vet says if i leave him alone, within a week he can die if no medicaiton given.. bt with constant tratment he can manage longer, so my holidays trip cancelled.. and prob need postponed a lot of plans cos i'm the only one that can managed him..

one of my cat, she's gone already.. she got a scar on her cornea.. and the scar jus become bigger even after the operation.. cause she rub her eyes.. but the scar was either casue by foreign bodies or scratch by another cat during cat fight..

so when our eyes get itchy.. try not to rub cause there might be foreign bodies inside and might scratch our cornea too.. maybe that's how u end uo havin a scar there.. but jus don disturb it lor.. then it wont go worse..

kekeke that's what i always do - rub my eyes

but now okay liao, no more flare ups

last time whenever it flares up, i got to go doc to get steriod eye drops :bow:

ntw, my didi getting better, now he change his sleeping position.. but getting more naughty cos refuse to drip.. after change of medications..

and he can eat about 6 to 7 pallets on himself each time..

and more alert and call me when he saw me.. but sometimes he falls down cos not so stable abit shaky..

the vet says if i leave him alone, within a week he can die if no medicaiton given.. bt with constant tratment he can manage longer, so my holidays trip cancelled.. and prob need postponed a lot of plans cos i'm the only one that can managed him..

:unsure::dunno: :dunno: :lol::deal::bow:

yippee, i'm so happy for you

here's my living room with the new organza curtains

1-10.jpg

Swee swee! :dunno: Prj B more impt leh, Bluberi. Curtains can wait lah. :bow::bow:

Greymouse, is yr curtain contact @ yr t-blog? Perhaps can give Sharon a call... :wub:

Mace, what a relief... You were saying earlier her exams coming right? plus cny... Oh wow... luckily only a bad scare...

was browsing through the living pod site and came across this unit

anyone know where to get a door like the one on the left of this pix? :dunno::lol::deal:

dl_02.jpg

But the cleaning.... :unsure:

anyone know where to get a door like the one on the left of this pix? :dunno: :dunno: :lol:

dl_02.jpg

wah, tis door swee leh :deal:

Swee swee! :unsure: Prj B more impt leh, Bluberi. Curtains can wait lah. :bow::bow:

thanks thanks!

rdg project B hor, tis one cannot too kan cheong.. although my hubby n i nw getting abit kan cheong.. haha

anyone know where to get a door like the one on the left of this pix? :notti::wub: :wub:

dl_02.jpg

i think justanthony have