Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Caution to all!:furious:

Our metal gate door was opened this afternoon. No sign of forced break in,

but I suspect that somebody has a copy of our keys. I am sure that we didn't forget

to lock the gate, I saw my wife locked it before we left.

:P anything missing? did you make a report? hope everything is okay.

31122007211bs1.th.jpg

I'm on #30-204, not sure if 21 floor can see or not.

Btw, 26B don't have Starhub internet and cable till now.

I need to sign up with maxmobile so can go online.

o yes, thanks for the article posted here. really scare

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

good morning all!

i second hhappy. i going to suggest to my renovation guy on this even thru my current unit is just an empty shell...

Yeah, better get those squarish Duro a320 type of lock.

Better to have extra lock.

I think when mor enad more pple shifted in...thieves will not dare to come liao.

Right now, it is dead quiet especially at night.

waaa... where u brought one? that means if i go up to ur unit to see see look look, meaning me will be captured in ur video? :P

Hi Sam07,

U are not alone ! I have bought a CCTV and harddisk recorder to install on my gate.

If the burglar dare to 'VISIT' me, his action will be recorded down.

Locking up the main door and gate are not sufficent as an experienced burglar has its way into our home.

U need to purchase those key lock where the key has holes in it. These lock needs much more effort to break into.

Example - Duro Key Model Art 320 or Duro Key Model Art 328

http://www.duro.com.sg/promo.html

If you have any good lock in mind, please dun mind sharing ! :furious:

Hi nemo,

didn't make any report, main wood door was still locked and no items were missing.

now more cautious and left my handphone to take snapshot of any motion movement and mms the image.

btw, one of the supreme people trim our door and locked it from

the inside... :P then we call locksmith to unlock it and

it only took like a minute to unlock the door !!

locksmith said that our locks are expensive type :furious: but can easily be spoilt :)

:bleah: anything missing? did you make a report? hope everything is okay.

o yes, thanks for the article posted here. really scare

Hi Sam07,

U are not alone ! I have bought a CCTV and harddisk recorder to install on my gate.

If the burglar dare to 'VISIT' me, his action will be recorded down.

Locking up the main door and gate are not sufficent as an experienced burglar has its way into our home.

U need to purchase those key lock where the key has holes in it. These lock needs much more effort to break into.

Example - Duro Key Model Art 320 or Duro Key Model Art 328

http://www.duro.com.sg/promo.html

If you have any good lock in mind, please dun mind sharing ! :P

Hi Cindy,

who did you engage to do the CCTV and harddisk recorder?

is the recorded pictures smooth and clear?. is it mounted on the ceiling?

Can PM me your CCTV vendor's contact and the price? (if you are okay, you can share it in the forum too!)

Thanks...

Today we got 2 l-shaped pc tables with suspended drawers and fixed cabinets, 2 high back pc chairs, one book shelf, 2 acks for CPU for $972. Hope it's a good buy. One down, masterbedroom, curtains, living and dining, kitchen stuff (in that order to go).

If anyone wants the contact, can pm me. I think the quality quite reasonable, as the shop specializes in office furniture.

Hpe the bookshelf is sufficient for all my books and uni texts.. :-)

Hi fly,

mind to share how is your arrangement for all those furnitures you were getting?.

Seems quite a lot to fit into our house... :furious:

HI Owen,

I can't tune to any channels too so it seems that Blk 26C dun have cable too.

hi cindy.. may i know how much u bought it and where u got it from? izzit include installation.. i might be i

installing...

could i know anyone have the contact for reporting defects at blk 27B? i need to call them urgently. thanks pls post here

could i know anyone have the contact for reporting defects at blk 27B? i need to call them urgently. thanks pls post here

U may call at this number 6276 9125, look for Ms Karin.

waa... .. this make me think of we need NIGHT GUARDS! hehehe

i realise that at my block there, there is light at common lift lobby. but no light for common corridor to our indivdual units.. this make theft even more easier...

Hi nemo,

didn't make any report, main wood door was still locked and no items were missing.

now more cautious and left my handphone to take snapshot of any motion movement and mms the image.

btw, one of the supreme people trim our door and locked it from

the inside... :D then we call locksmith to unlock it and

it only took like a minute to unlock the door :furious:

locksmith said that our locks are expensive type :sport-smiley-003: but can easily be spoilt :)

Hi Cindy,

Can PM me your CCTV vendor's contact and the price? (if you are okay, you can share it in the forum too!)

Hi All,

I bought the camera from Sim lim square and installation is just ABC. U just have to place the camera onto the gate and the hook up the equipment and recorder onto your TV. Then, you could use the view very very clearly. I just brought the equipment(1.2) where it can support 1 camera. Some equipment allow you to view 2 and even 4 cameras at the same time.

For recorder, you can opt for harddisk or SD card recorder. Harddisk recorder can record picture up to 15 days and will only auto record when there is motion.

Cost of CCTV + equipment = $75

Cost of recorder = $320

Cheers,

Cindy

hi cindy.. may i know how much u bought it and where u got it from? izzit include installation.. i might be i

installing...

There U go ! :sport-smiley-003:

One more advantage of having the camera ! I can see if I look good on video and whether I need to slim down. hehe! :D

Hi Everyone

Happy 2008 :sport-smiley-003:! Yday went down to our new hse to my friend to take a look ( to measure the flr length)..... however, my main door did not lock when i tried to enter. (but I remember i did lock on our 2nd visiting)..... arrhhh dunnoe was it my fault or ????.... so envy those hv alrdy move in...... see the fireworks....so nice hor......

good morning all!

i second hhappy. i going to suggest to my renovation guy on this even thru my current unit is just an empty shell...

waaa... where u brought one? that means if i go up to ur unit to see see look look, meaning me will be captured in ur video? :sport-smiley-003:

Yup ! Yup! I can SEE u ! Well it will automatically delete by itself after 15 days.

Hi Cindy,

Thanks...

Hi fly,

mind to share how is your arrangement for all those furnitures you were getting?.

Seems quite a lot to fit into our house... :bangwall:

I'll ask to c if my hubby has the layout as our delivery won't be so soon.

It's actually possible if you have an l-shaped at one corner (along the longer side of the room) and another at another corner. Bookcase will be somewhere along the longer side. We did space planning at the furniture shop, and the beam clearance seems to be enough..

ok ok.. next time i go up to ur unit to see see look look, i will wave at the camera if u are not around. hahaha

anyone will be at JM this coming sat?

Yup ! Yup! I can SEE u ! Well it will automatically delete by itself after 15 days.

wa.. someone is already renting out unit on 27A.. asking for 2.8k.. see adv here

Wah.. If can rent out for $2.8k, i also want to rent out.. lol.. Rent out for 3 years then by then do a full revamp including toliets (by then can hack away liao).. LOL..

:bangwall: !! :deal: