Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xlan

Xl-dreamhouse

Hi xlan,

If I am not wrong the HDB staff could have ask you to pay for the town council fee during the time you collected your key. Cos at first I also thought I have to pay but when I reach the town council they told us that we already paid during collection of key for three months I think. Anyway you can call to check again. Paid too many things during the time of collection until I am so confused...hehe

last sat, early morning received a "scary" call..

caller : hello! r u the owner of jln membina blk 27A #*exact-unit no.*? can u give me ur contractor's contact number?

me : huh? .... (silence, thinking hard, who the h3ll is on the line who know exactly my addr?)

: er.. who are u ah?

caller : oh.. u need to do the cement screed for 3 rooms right? i need to confirm some details with your contractor..

me: ...... (still dunno who's tat.. jus assume is either the china contructions co, or town council)

: orh.. my ID name is Lance, contact is ....

afternoon went up our unit, and they were doing the cement screeding.. my parent's room was done already.

this morning received call frm ID, say will start reno next week, money hv to prepare, would b like $600 for the sand materials, n gotta go down town council pay dunno wat fee, then gotta prepare the 2nd payment (10%) already.. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hee.. ya exactly squashy.. i also cannot rem wat i did on the collection day.. wat ever or whoever officer asked me to pay or sign.. jus do or give blindly.. n in my heart was like.. faster.. give me the keys.. faster.. give me back the old house's money.. hahaha.. hmm.. n nw u mentioned it.. i tink i did paid for some town council fees for a few months too..

reno schedule:

Week 1, 19-23 Nov

• Haulage

• Wet works

• Plumbing works

Week 2, 26-30 Nov

• Wet works

• Electrical works

• A/C piping installation ( 26/11 Monday )

• Cornices works

• Accessory delivery ( 30/11 Friday )

Week 3, 03-07 Dec

• Painting works

• A/C fan point installation

• Lighting installation

• Carpentry works measurement

• Chemical wash

• Carpentry works in process

Week 4, 10-14 Dec

• Laminated flooring installation

• Carpentry works in process

Week 5, 17-21 Dec

• Carpentry installation

• Solid top measurement

Week 6, 24-28 Dec

• Solid top installation

• Plumbing works touch up

• Painting works touch up

!! should be alright hor...?

Edited by xlan

yeah.. the schedule was planned by ID and was according to their company's service policy..

Photos taken last saturday afternoon, when they were doing the cement screeding.. my hse was so dirty & messy everywhere.. can't be help.. jus wish they did a good job.. but FOC frm HDB.. wat more i can ask for..

in the living room :

dsc00073gd1.jpg

in the kitchen :

dsc00075ow6.jpg

along the passaway to bedrooms :

dsc00074sd5.jpg

and work in progress in bedrooms :

(My) Master Bedroom :

dsc00078he3.jpg

Parent's Bedroom (already completed when we arrived) :

dsc00077aa8.jpg

Entertainment Room :

dsc00076rm6.jpg

yesterday Lance told me no work done, only get the materials delivered up to my unit..

today i called him up again, he said is doing tiling works.. but in case if i c any objects placed on top of the tiles.. please do not step on those tiles as i will spoil the leveling or lining of the whole alignment.. hee..

so.. when i went up today at 5.30pm.. tot the contractor might have done it and left my place already.. but i was wrong.. they were still doing the tiling.. haha.. i didn't even dare to step inside my own unit.. afraid would hv spoil their works.. n stupid me.. my camera batt flat.. i hv to rely on my lousy phone to take this lousy pic.. sigh..

image007asq4.jpg

yesterday Lance told me no work done, only get the materials delivered up to my unit..

today i called him up again, he said is doing tiling works.. but in case if i c any objects placed on top of the tiles.. please do not step on those tiles as i will spoil the leveling or lining of the whole alignment.. hee..

so.. when i went up today at 5.30pm.. tot the contractor might have done it and left my place already.. but i was wrong.. they were still doing the tiling.. haha.. i didn't even dare to step inside my own unit.. afraid would hv spoil their works.. n stupid me.. my camera batt flat.. i hv to rely on my lousy phone to take this lousy pic.. sigh..

image007asq4.jpg

Aiyo, too bad, battery flat...anyway, you are right, better dont go in first...let them finish up the tiles.

Remember more pics....really nice to see yr renovation stage by stage...

image007asq4.jpg

Wow..so good..started renovation liao...

Any changes to the design for your house? Can show?

THank you .

MACE, is not fast le.. to me.. is been tooooooooooo long for a wait liao.. hahaha..

alpha2001, no more major changes to my designs liao.. u can click back to the previous pages for the designs.. n for my MBR.. still waiting for my ID to confirm wall color for me.. not much designs too..

lynnnie, may b u want to pm your email addy to me.. then i scan in my quotation n email u.. can?

oh n forgot 1 ting.. i tink quite a few JM neighbours were asking abt the main gate and door that has to be cut off slightly to cater for the tiled floor..

yes yes.. my ID informed me abt the same ting.. he said our gate n door gotta be trimmed a little to give space for the homo tiles.. n it is alright for me la.. as long as he smooth it nicely for me as thou no trimming done.. haha..

Hi, xlan.

Thanks for your reply....your design is nice meh!:notti:

BTW, has you decided where to put the shoe rack? Also, where is the place you put your stove? Will it be facing the toilet?

Thank you.